RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Fw: Emailing: Baxter International Banned Its Heparin Blood-Thinning Products TopNews Health

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sweet Patty:

My leg gave out the day after Christmas and I could not walk. took me to the ER, and they did every test possible. Later my rheumatologist ordered an MRI and it showed a small fracture, a tear and a Ganglion cyst. He has given me three Cortisone shots, but they have not helped. He told me that I have Osteoarthritis, and has me on an emergency list for surgery. I will not be having an implant in my knee...we hope. I am sorry that your Mother has had to suffer so much. We hope that they did not use silicone knee implants, because she will have to have them removed in time.

Honey, I miss you, and all of the other ladies in this special group.

Sending love and hope to you.........Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Emailing: Baxter International Banned Its Heparin Blood-Thinning Products TopNews Health> > > > a.. United States Home> Baxter International Banned Its Heparin Blood-Thinning Products> Posted March 2nd, 2008 by a.. Featured a.. United States A global healthcare company Baxter International has stopped selling its heparin blood-thinning products, due to under suspicion for 21 deaths and hundreds of allergic reactions in America.> > According to the officials, half of Heparin's raw ingredients derived from the lining of pigs' intestines and comes primarily from China.> > The FDA acknowledged that it didn’t inspect a Chinese plant that supplies the active ingredient for Baxter's heparin before approving it because the agency mergd the plant's name with a different company.> > Baxter recalled its multidose vials of heparin on Jan. 17, but had not recalled its single-dose individual vial products and a device containing heparin called a Hep-Lock, because there have been no reports of allergic reactions in patients using it.> > Heparin is vital in many medical and surgical procedures.> > Dr. Sidney Wolfe of worstpills.org said, "I don't understand why it takes deaths and serious injuries to a large number of Americans before the FDA wakes up this is clearly a wake up call." > > The underlying cause of the allergic reactions is still unknown.> > , director of the FDA's division of field investigations said, "We're concerned about what we've observed but can't make links to the adverse events." > > The only Baxter products remaining on the market that contain heparin are premixed bags of IV solutions, but there have been no adverse events reported.> > The financial impact of the recall on Baxter will be minimal. Baxter had $11.3 billion in revenue last year. Heparin sales were just $30 million for the year.> Drugmakers must recheck their supply chains. > > > > a.. Login or register to post comments > Join Friends on TopNews> > > > > > More Related News > a.. Germany Dictates Countrywide Recall Of Heparin > b.. Source of lethal contamination in heparin drug uncovered > c.. Source of lethal contamination in heparin drug uncovered > d.. New anti-clotting drug cuts death risk by a third during angioplasty > e.. Calcium channels central to the onset of asthma, allergic reactions > f.. 1.5 million dollar robot designed to reduce drug errors > g.. Allergic-like reactions occur in patients despite being pre-medicated > h.. Call for hair-dye labels to have allergy warnings > i.. Pill to prevent blood clots launched in UK > j.. Sun lotions, not anti-ageing creams will keep you looking young> Enter your search terms > Submit search form > > All-time popular content > a.. Device that measures metabolic stress may give early warning for eye disease> b.. Researchers find new treatment for Hepatitis C> c.. Scientists discover protein that controls bone growth> d.. Maternal exposure to organic pollutants linked to urologic conditions in boys> e.. Closely observing the first two patients may help predict TB Outbreaks> more> User login > Username: *> > Password: *> > > a.. Create new account > b.. Request new password> > Syndicate > > Who's new > a.. jeff turner > b.. Qeanu > c.. aibev > d.. jacobmeshack > e.. clubby> Upcoming events > a.. No upcoming events available> > moreSections > a.. Home > b.. Featured Stories > c.. TopNews Main > d.. Entertainment News > e.. Sports News > f.. Legal News > Search > > About TopNews > a.. Editor's Choice > b.. Print Edition Previews > c.. Contact Information > d.. Editorial Policy > e.. Privacy Policy > Navigation > a.. Directory > b.. Recent posts > Poll > Do you believe in Health Research reports?: > Yes! they are true > No, they seem fake > They contradict each other > > > Top News is Powered by Drupal - Designed by Danger4k>