RemedySpot.com

Re: Ottawa: silicone fluids are three of 17 deemed toxic D4, D5 and D6 .. 5/16/08/ > attached > LOOK at Dr Ernest Lykissa’s Testimony F D A 2003

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Rogene, do I have contact with the group....love you Lea

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ottawa: silicone fluids are three of 17 deemed toxic D4, D5 and D6 .. 5/16/08/ > attached > LOOK at Dr Ernest Lykissa’s Testimony F D A 2003

Ottawa wants silicone fluids used in breast implants deemed toxic ...

Ottawa wants silicone fluids used in breast implants deemed toxic ... last month when the government moved to have bisphenol A deemed a toxic substance. ...http://health.lifestyle..ca / channel_health_news_deta... - 23k - similar pages

Ottawa wants silicone fluids used in breast implants deemed toxic

Provided by: The Canadian PressWritten by: THE CANADIAN PRESS May. 16, 2008

OTTAWA - The federal government is recommending three building blocks of silicone found in some breast implants be deemed toxic.

The synthetic chemicals found in silicone fluids are three of 17 substances Health Canada recommends be deemed toxic in a draft report published Friday.

Health Canada said toxic consideration for the cyclohexasiloxane family - also known as D4, D5 and D6 - is based on their effect on the environment, and not on human health.

"They're not saying with this assessment that that's going to kill you, or harm you," said Kapil Khatter of the group Environmental Defence.

"But they are saying that overall this stuff builds up in our bodies and builds up in the environment and we need to get rid of it."

Among the other substances up for toxic designation is vinyl acetate, an ingredient in the making of polymer that's used as a chewing-gum base.

Confection companies Cadbury Canada and the Wrigley Company insist there are only minute traces, if any, of vinyl acetate in chewing gum.

The public now has 60 days to comment before the government issues a final report, possibly detailing control measures.

It is similar to the process used last month when the government moved to have bisphenol A deemed a toxic substance.

=============================================================

Dr Ernest Lykissa’s Testimony F D A Advisory Panel Medical Devices October 2003. I have been involved, since the years '89, '90 with silicone breast implant research. I was affiliated as a professor of clinical and forensic toxicology with Baylor College of Medicine in Houston , I was able to do extensive research with these particular devices. Baylor College of Medicine, in the laboratory, was able to test women that had been implanted and had been explanted, we were able to test their blood, their urine, hairs, nails, sweat and so on and so forth, and what we found was that there was still silicone. Obviously, the silicone that had migrated in their body, in small foci throughout their body, was still releasing D4s, D3s, D5s, D6s, D7s, and so on and so forth. These are the low molecular weights that get polymerized with the introduction of the catalyst of platinum and put in a gel form from the oil. So, once we had that situation, we found that these materials were still present in their bodies. Some of them were worse than others. Let's don't forget that it is not one breast implant out there, there are a lot of models. There are a lot of batches. When they were manufacturing them, if the batch did not gel properly according to the formulation, they went in and sprinkled a little more hexachloroplatinic acid or whatever else they needed. The Germans have confirmed our research. So, I can stand up here and tell you that our research is valid and you can look at it with scientific criteria that has been published in Environmental Health Perspectives, American Journal of Pathology, Analytical Chemistry. We have ICPMs, DCMs, LCMs, all the best technology. I will start by telling you that since all my graduate work up in Montreal, in medical school and following my graduate work with a Ph.D. and all these other things, what I learned was let's not forget the DNA. Let's not forget the genetics here. So, we have predispositions from the genetic factors.