RemedySpot.com

attacking candida, earlier conversations by patty and ph

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi PH,

I didn't have time to look up the exact amounts earlier, so I am glad you asked! I followed the suggestions from a book called "Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia and Environmental Illness", an Alternative Medicine Guidebook.

On page 98, it says this:

"Dr. Braly's first line of attack on candidiasis is caprylic acid...Only if there is no improvement will Dr. Braly use conventional medicine. Since caprylic acid is readily absorbed into the system, it should be taken in an enteric coated or sustained release form.

In one study, 16 patients were given 1,800 mg daily of caprylic acid (the commercial brand Capricin) for 16 days, three patients were given 2700 mg daily and six received 3600 mg per day. The results were a 30% to 90% reduction in Candida levels among those with the 1800 mg dosage; a 70% to 100% reduction in the three patients taking 2700 mg; and complete elimination of Candida in two weeks in all of those taking 3600 mg."

So, PH, that is what I did. I used 3600 mg of caprylic acid daily for two weeks. I also followed a good diet, and at that time was using lots of vitamins.

While using caprylic acid sounds like the most obvious solution to candida issues, it apparently isn't a panacea. It must be combined with a sugar free diet, taking care of any food allergies or other allergies, nutritional support, large amounts of probiotics such as acidophilus (but I now prefer kefir), and additional therapies.

Raw garlic is a particularly effective anti-fungal agent, and in my research, I found a reference that said 12 cloves of raw garlic daily is considered a therapeutic amount. Therefore, I worked my way up to eating large amounts of raw garlic as often as I could. It is hard to do if you have social engagements or work in a public place, as it does make you smell awful. But, if you can stay at home, and include your spouse in your garlic eating endeavor, you can consume large quantities and you won't offend anyone. Space it out like you would antibiotics. Garlic should also be taken on a regular basis, rather that a hit or miss effort for the best results.

I also used oil of oregano, but not as often. I bought an oil, which did not mix in water well. I would recommend that you get capsules instead. I've used the oil on and off, but it was one of the things I took with me to India, and it worked well! I didn't get diarrhea there!

Rotation might be a good idea...I did not rotate my therapies, but rather used many of these things concurrrently. My garlic usage spanned many, many months, and I found many creative ways to consume it raw.

Adding in kefir has been a great therapy for me. I have noticed definite results in my digestion and utilization of nutrients in my intestines. I say this because in the near decade that I have been ill since getting implants, it has only been since adding in kefir that my hair has grown fast and healthy! It's loaded with those B vitamins that I had such trouble with taking as vitamin pills. Nothing else has ever made a differenc with my hair, but kefir sure has.

I've always been a fruit eater. I only cut out certain ones that were reputed to cause problems in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis (citrus), and bananas (way high in sugar). Otherwise, I did eat fruits in moderation, especially berries and watermelon. Brain food, you know! I also juiced apples with my carrots, but I was aware that I could not binge on large amounts of fruits.

Hope that helps!

**************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007)