RemedySpot.com

Move Me Out Of The Way, Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Move Me Out Of The Way, Lord I run to the frontTo take the controlBut in the endIt's harm to my soul.I must be in chargeI think I know best"It's my life," I say.I'm leading the quest.Who knows me betterThan I know meThough you lookYou do not see.There's only oneWho truly sees meHe knows who I amAnd who I could beThe author and finisherOf my holy faithThe love of my lifeHe receives all my praiseHe truly sees meThe intent of my heartHe understands allHe sees not in partThe depth of His loveFor this wretched meanIt boggles my mindSo I don't understandWhy I insistOn running my lifeWhen in the endIt cuts like a knifeWhen I look uponThe wreckage I've wroughtIt all came to ruinIt all came to naughtIt's come to the pointWhere All I can sayIs move me, dear LordMove ME out of the wayMake me decreaseMake me smallMake me, in the endThe least of allSubdue my egoO' Lord bind my prideHave your way, FatherJust move me asideTo you be the gloryCreator of lifeThe author of peaceModerator of strifeFlesh cries to be seenPride desires to be knownBut I know the gloryIs yours alone.So, Lord hear my plea and answer me true.Keep me from running ahead of you.Move me to the rear, drive me to my knees.Lead me to the light, move me Father, please.~Norris K. Oler~