RemedySpot.com

Good Information

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Diane,

Welcome to the list! I admire your openness and willingness to learn. I have

a website with tons of articles about raising healthy children naturally,

and a free e-newsletter with many articles, resources and links.

http://www.healthychild.com

Jane Sheppard

Future Generations

Publisher of Healthy Child Newsletter

Vital Information to Protect Your Children's Health

http://www.healthychild.com

> With my husbands condition, I long ago realized that in health

> care, we are

> our own best advocate. No Doctor, no matter how wonderful cares as much

> about your health and well being than you do. He will do what insurance

> allows for and with you passified send you on your way. That is not

> acceptable to me. I want answers, I want information, I want

> knowledge. I

> love presenting the Doctor with something he doesn't know, keeps

> 'em human!

> I look forward to information from the group that will help us with the

> varying conditions we have as well as the other postings from the group.

> Diane

>

• 7 years later...

AngelFlight.com - People Helping People in Need http://www.angelflight.com/

Angel Flight was created by a group of pilots who believe in the benefit of volunteering. We strive to keep all aspects of the organization volunteer. We are a non-profit charitable organization of pilots, volunteers, and friends. We will arrange free air transportation for any legitimate, charitable, medically related need. This service is available to individuals, and health care organizations. We will also arrange transportation of those people who are financially distressed, or who are in a time-critical, non-emergency situation due to their medical condition. Angel Flight primarily serves patients needing transportation to or from the heartland region. As members of the Air Care Alliance, a group of organizations providing similar services throughout the United States. By coordinating with other organizations, Angel Flight can arrange transportation for patients on longer flights to other parts of the country outside of the Heartland region. Angel Flight has also flown blood products for the Oklahoma Blood Institute and Red Cross in emergency situations. Our Patients are usually traveling for surgery, chemotherapy, dialysis, and other treatments. A typical flight may carry patients requiring treatment at M.D. in Houston or the Shriner Hospital in Galveston, TX. Angel Flight is financially supported primarily by our pilots who fly the missions (by donating the use of their airplanes and operating expenses) and by contributions from individuals, service clubs, social and religious groups and corporations. We receive no financial aid from any government entity. There is never a fee of any kind, either to the patient or the health care provider for an Angel Flight. The costs are paid by the volunteer pilots.

In order to use Angel Flight the patient must meet these requirements. Patients must be ambulatory and able to travel in a small, non-pressurized aircraft, without access to lavatory facilities, for the duration of the flight. Must have a personally signed letter from the physician. Alternate air transportation is not affordable or feasible. Must have a legitimate medical need to avoid lengthy surface transportation. Qualified personnel must accompany a patient requiring attention or assistance. Typically, patients are allowed to be accompanied by one family member or support person. Must have ground transportation to and from the airport. Must sign a waiver form releasing Angel Flight, Inc. and volunteer pilots from liability. Angel Flight aircraft are not equipped for medical emergencies and Angel Flight volunteers are not able to provide any medical service before, during, or after the flight. All equipment and medical staff required must be provided with doctors approval. Patients may carry their own oxygen. Passengers should be aware that baggage in excess of 50 pounds total may not be accommodated. Under most circumstances, in order to find an available pilot, the flight must be scheduled at least five working days in advance. Flights may be canceled due to weather. Patient should have back-up transportation. Pilot is the final authority as to the conduct of each flight. Patients, hospital social service workers, or friends, who desire to arrange transportation for a patient should contact the Angel Flight office to obtain required documents necessary for qualification.

**************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

Sweet Sandy:

Thank you for this. I wonder if they would help some of our sick women? Many people feel that we have done something wrong because we had breast implants. My doctor told his cohorts (New Doctors) to never a judge a women who has become sick from her breast implants. He is one of my special people, and has saved my life many times.

Honey, how are you feeling, because you have not been posting for a while? We love you and want you well again...Lea and Superman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

Good Information

AngelFlight.com - People Helping People in Need http://www.angelflight.com/

Angel Flight was created by a group of pilots who believe in the benefit of volunteering. We strive to keep all aspects of the organization volunteer. We are a non-profit charitable organization of pilots, volunteers, and friends. We will arrange free air transportation for any legitimate, charitable, medically related need. This service is available to individuals, and health care organizations. We will also arrange transportation of those people who are financially distressed, or who are in a time-critical, non-emergency situation due to their medical condition. Angel Flight primarily serves patients needing transportation to or from the heartland region. As members of the Air Care Alliance, a group of organizations providing similar services throughout the United States. By coordinating with other organizations, Angel Flight can arrange transportation for patients on longer flights to other parts of the country outside of the Heartland region. Angel Flight has also flown blood products for the Oklahoma Blood Institute and Red Cross in emergency situations. Our Patients are usually traveling for surgery, chemotherapy, dialysis, and other treatments. A typical flight may carry patients requiring treatment at M.D. in Houston or the Shriner Hospital in Galveston, TX. Angel Flight is financially supported primarily by our pilots who fly the missions (by donating the use of their airplanes and operating expenses) and by contributions from individuals, service clubs, social and religious groups and corporations. We receive no financial aid from any government entity. There is never a fee of any kind, either to the patient or the health care provider for an Angel Flight. The costs are paid by the volunteer pilots.

In order to use Angel Flight the patient must meet these requirements. Patients must be ambulatory and able to travel in a small, non-pressurized aircraft, without access to lavatory facilities, for the duration of the flight. Must have a personally signed letter from the physician. Alternate air transportation is not affordable or feasible. Must have a legitimate medical need to avoid lengthy surface transportation. Qualified personnel must accompany a patient requiring attention or assistance. Typically, patients are allowed to be accompanied by one family member or support person. Must have ground transportation to and from the airport. Must sign a waiver form releasing Angel Flight, Inc. and volunteer pilots from liability. Angel Flight aircraft are not equipped for medical emergencies and Angel Flight volunteers are not able to provide any medical service before, during, or after the flight. All equipment and medical staff required must be provided with doctors approval. Patients may carry their own oxygen. Passengers should be aware that baggage in excess of 50 pounds total may not be accommodated. Under most circumstances, in order to find an available pilot, the flight must be scheduled at least five working days in advance. Flights may be canceled due to weather. Patient should have back-up transportation. Pilot is the final authority as to the conduct of each flight. Patients, hospital social service workers, or friends, who desire to arrange transportation for a patient should contact the Angel Flight office to obtain required documents necessary for qualification.

**************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos.(http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

No, I sure don't know, but a gallon of water weighs a little over 8 lbs.

Patty

>

> Someone from Angel Flight called me and left a message to call them

> back. I was going to check here before calling back because I wondered

> what I should or should not say. I had started to complete the form on

> the internet but it said you have to have a scheduled appt. which I

> don't have, so I quit. Apparently it went through anyway. I also

> thought I should wait and see what my neurologist says. I think it

> will carry more weight if I can say they are interfering with my

> breathing and endangering my life...than if I say they are poisioning

> me... good grief, the semantics-dying is dying...unless there are boobs

> involved, right.

>

> Does anyone know how much 1500 cc's converts to weight in lbs.?

>

> Paddy

>