RemedySpot.com

Re: hair color;Gwynne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Gwynne, I am happy to hear you are doing well after such trauma, both physically and emotionally, keep your spirits high !!

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

hair color; Sher and Joyce

Hi Gang,Post-transplant (58 days ago) I was told not to color my hair forat least 3 months. They said that because of the Prednisone andother drugs, my hair could break off or fall out. Not good. I'velet it grow out quite a bit, which I also don't really like, and it'snot really grey, it's more like white. Now they're saying they don'twant me to color it until I'm down to 5 or 10 mg. daily. ughhhh.I'm at 25. One of my friends said it was distinguished looking -double ugggggghhhhh.I have in the past used the water-based temporary stuff fromSally for in-betweens, and it's good stuff. I'm not liking thisno-color business, though.My dad and I went to church today at a small country church whereone of my mom's caregivers was singing this morning. It was thepastor's last Sunday there, and they had a reception at Carol's houseafter church. Everyone was very warm and welcoming, and it was

thefirst time I've been to church since transplant - wearing my mask, ofcourse - and it was a lovely day. We didn't get home until 4:00, butthat includes the stop at Starbuck's on the way back. It did my dadgood to spend the day with me. The grief for my mom hits him,and all of us, in waves. He thanked me again for teaching him howto cry, and said that there are times when it really helps. That mademe feel very gratified - another blessing to come from the hardships.I'm doing fine. Officially started rehab here Friday, and they'restarting me off slower than they did in San . But I can seewhy they do - my pulse rate can really climb if I don't pace myselfand take it steady but easy. I've got three trips to Dallas this weekfor doctors - seems like overkill but can't be helped. I think thetubes in both ears have come out, and now my ears are filling withfluid and popping. Sounds like tubes

will have to go back in.Tomorrow's clinic, and I do have a new nurse coordinator. I REALLYlike her, and she's very responsive and communicative. I'm notused to that but can definitely deal just fine with it!Sher,Thank you so very much for the treat. It's always a good time tothink of this air family and to pause for a minute to keep themclose to the heart, especially associating them with somethingpleasant.Joyce,I'm still sending deep breaths your way (and to everyone) everysingle day. I hate your rash, damnit. Is it any better at all?Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Single-lung transplant 4-3-08 atUTHSC San , TX Fort Worth, TX

Guest guest

Gwynne, I am happy to hear you are doing well after such trauma, both physically and emotionally, keep your spirits high !!

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Hi Gang,Post-transplant (58 days ago) I was told not to color my hair forat least 3 months. They said that because of the Prednisone andother drugs, my hair could break off or fall out. Not good. I'velet it grow out quite a bit, which I also don't really like, and it'snot really grey, it's more like white. Now they're saying they don'twant me to color it until I'm down to 5 or 10 mg. daily. ughhhh.I'm at 25. One of my friends said it was distinguished looking -double ugggggghhhhh.I have in the past used the water-based temporary stuff fromSally for in-betweens, and it's good stuff. I'm not liking thisno-color business, though.My dad and I went to church today at a small country church whereone of my mom's caregivers was singing this morning. It was thepastor's last Sunday there, and they had a reception at Carol's houseafter church. Everyone was very warm and welcoming, and it was

thefirst time I've been to church since transplant - wearing my mask, ofcourse - and it was a lovely day. We didn't get home until 4:00, butthat includes the stop at Starbuck's on the way back. It did my dadgood to spend the day with me. The grief for my mom hits him,and all of us, in waves. He thanked me again for teaching him howto cry, and said that there are times when it really helps. That mademe feel very gratified - another blessing to come from the hardships.I'm doing fine. Officially started rehab here Friday, and they'restarting me off slower than they did in San . But I can seewhy they do - my pulse rate can really climb if I don't pace myselfand take it steady but easy. I've got three trips to Dallas this weekfor doctors - seems like overkill but can't be helped. I think thetubes in both ears have come out, and now my ears are filling withfluid and popping. Sounds like tubes

will have to go back in.Tomorrow's clinic, and I do have a new nurse coordinator. I REALLYlike her, and she's very responsive and communicative. I'm notused to that but can definitely deal just fine with it!Sher,Thank you so very much for the treat. It's always a good time tothink of this air family and to pause for a minute to keep themclose to the heart, especially associating them with somethingpleasant.Joyce,I'm still sending deep breaths your way (and to everyone) everysingle day. I hate your rash, damnit. Is it any better at all?Hugs and blessings,Gwynnie 57 Single-lung transplant 4-3-08 atUTHSC San , TX Fort Worth, TX

Guest guest

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Guest guest

Gwynne....I didn't know that PRed made your hair break and fall

out....Ach..hasn't happened to me..and I hope it doesn't. I'll buy a

wig, which I'm thinking of doing anyway!!!

Your daddy makes me sad...my dad lost my mom, and it's a very hard thing

losing a spouse and parent. Hugs to the both of you.

Joy in Seattle

>

> Gwynne, I am happy to hear you are doing well after such trauma, both

physically and emotionally, keep your spirits high !!

>

>

> God Bless !!

> dragonflymcs

> Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

> < Click on me !!

>

>

>

> hair color; Sher and Joyce

>

>

> Hi Gang,

> Post-transplant (58 days ago) I was told not to color my hair for

> at least 3 months. They said that because of the Prednisone and

> other drugs, my hair could break off or fall out. Not good. I've

> let it grow out quite a bit, which I also don't really like, and it's

> not really grey, it's more like white. Now they're saying they don't

> want me to color it until I'm down to 5 or 10 mg. daily. ughhhh.

> I'm at 25. One of my friends said it was distinguished looking -

> double ugggggghhhhh.

> I have in the past used the water-based temporary stuff from

> Sally for in-betweens, and it's good stuff. I'm not liking this

> no-color business, though.

>

> My dad and I went to church today at a small country church where

> one of my mom's caregivers was singing this morning. It was the

> pastor's last Sunday there, and they had a reception at Carol's house

> after church. Everyone was very warm and welcoming, and it was the

> first time I've been to church since transplant - wearing my mask, of

> course - and it was a lovely day. We didn't get home until 4:00, but

> that includes the stop at Starbuck's on the way back. It did my dad

> good to spend the day with me. The grief for my mom hits him,

> and all of us, in waves. He thanked me again for teaching him how

> to cry, and said that there are times when it really helps. That made

> me feel very gratified - another blessing to come from the hardships.

>

> I'm doing fine. Officially started rehab here Friday, and they're

> starting me off slower than they did in San . But I can see

> why they do - my pulse rate can really climb if I don't pace myself

> and take it steady but easy. I've got three trips to Dallas this week

> for doctors - seems like overkill but can't be helped. I think the

> tubes in both ears have come out, and now my ears are filling with

> fluid and popping. Sounds like tubes will have to go back in..

> Tomorrow's clinic, and I do have a new nurse coordinator. I REALLY

> like her, and she's very responsive and communicative. I'm not

> used to that but can definitely deal just fine with it!

>

> Sher,

> Thank you so very much for the treat. It's always a good time to

> think of this air family and to pause for a minute to keep them

> close to the heart, especially associating them with something

> pleasant.

>

> Joyce,

> I'm still sending deep breaths your way (and to everyone) every

> single day. I hate your rash, damnit. Is it any better at all?

>

> Hugs and blessings,

> Gwynnie 57 Single-lung transplant 4-3-08 at

> UTHSC San , TX Fort Worth, TX

>