RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Wayne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs.com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing. K Illinoisv_since1982 wrote: Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets

that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a > lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How

old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been > reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > **************>

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs.com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing. K Illinoisv_since1982 wrote: Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets

that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a > lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How

old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been > reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > **************>

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Wayne, I just bought an oximeter from the company mentioned. They are on sale for $47.50 or were two days ago. Jack UIP.IPF 06/05 Kennelly wrote: Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs.com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and

puffiing. K Illinoisv_since1982 <v_since1982> wrote: Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is

somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a > lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july

'07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been > reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > **************> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Wayne, I just bought an oximeter from the company mentioned. They are on sale for $47.50 or were two days ago. Jack UIP.IPF 06/05 Kennelly wrote: Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs.com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and

puffiing. K Illinoisv_since1982 <v_since1982> wrote: Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is

somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a > lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july

'07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been > reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > **************> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14

Guest guest

Guest guest

K.... careful...an oximeter may not determine "why you are huffing and puffing". Sats can be up and one still be "huffing and puffing".

Also, as a caregiver, be careful telling anyone on the IPF board what they "need" to do... share instead, what YOU did and how it worked...

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Wayne, I just bought an oximeter from the company mentioned. They are on sale for $47.50 or were two days ago.

Jack

UIP.IPF 06/05 Kennelly <l_kennelly> wrote:

Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs.com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing.

K

Illinoisv_since1982 <v_since1982> wrote:

Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a > lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been > reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > **************> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)>

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

K.... careful...an oximeter may not determine "why you are huffing and puffing". Sats can be up and one still be "huffing and puffing".

Also, as a caregiver, be careful telling anyone on the IPF board what they "need" to do... share instead, what YOU did and how it worked...

Wayne, I just bought an oximeter from the company mentioned. They are on sale for $47.50 or were two days ago.

Jack

Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs.com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing.

K

Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a > lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been > reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > **************> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)>

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Jack

K

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Jack,

Just something to be aware of, I believe the oximeter you bought that was on sale for under $50 is one that's supposed to be used by pilots and in sports situations. It is not FDA approved for medical use. It will have a much greater margin of error which for people with lung disease can be dangerous. If you've already ordered it, you might want to consider returning it for the $65 model. If I'm mistaken and you do have the FDA approved model then you got a great deal!!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Jack

UIP.IPF 06/05 Kennelly <l_kennellyyahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs. com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing.

K

Illinoisv_since1982 <v_since1982@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a >

lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@ ... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been

> reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > ************ **> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food. aol.com/tyler- florence? video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod0003000 0000002)>

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Thank you, Beth. They did not list the $65.00 meter, only this one as on sale and the much more expensive one. There was no identification on the site, so I assumed it was the $65.00 model. When it arrives, how do I identify whether it is the correct one?

Jack

Jack

Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs. com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing.

K

Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a >

lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@ ... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been

> reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > ************ **> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food. aol.com/tyler- florence? video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod0003000 0000002)>

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Beth, I will carefully check it. It was the portable nebs site that I ordered it from. It showed only two oximeteres. The one on the left stated ON SALE - NOW ONLY 47.50. The one the right was around $120.00. There was no other info. My assumption was that the one on sale must by the $65.00. If it isn't correct, I'll return it. At that point, I might as well buy the more expensive one. Thank you for your generosity in guiding me through this maze

Jack

79/UIP - IPF/06/05.

Jack

K

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Beth, I will carefully check it. It was the portable nebs site that I ordered it from. It showed only two oximeteres. The one on the left stated ON SALE - NOW ONLY 47.50. The one the right was around $120.00. There was no other info. My assumption was that the one on sale must by the $65.00. If it isn't correct, I'll return it. At that point, I might as well buy the more expensive one. Thank you for your generosity in guiding me through this maze

Jack

79/UIP - IPF/06/05.

Jack

K

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

Jack

79/UIP - IPF/06/05.

Jack

K

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

Guest guest

May I step in here? I'm sorry! Jack when I checked that sight I couldn't find the one I was talking about earlier for 65.00. An hour or two later, I went back to the website because Don said he really needed it and would be willing to fork out 188.00. I clicked on the website and "walah" there is was. So they must change their main page periodically. Keep going back. Or you could email them and ask. Sorry, I'll bow out now! KJack Marshall wrote: Beth, I will carefully check it. It was the portable nebs site that I ordered it from. It showed only two oximeteres. The one on the left stated ON SALE - NOW ONLY 47.50. The one the right was around $120.00. There was no other info. My assumption was that the one on sale must by the $65.00. If it isn't correct, I'll return it. At that point, I might as well buy the more expensive one. Thank you for your generosity in guiding me through this maze Jack 79/UIP - IPF/06/05. Re: Re: Wayne Wayne, I just bought an oximeter from the company mentioned. They are on sale for $47.50 or were two days ago. Jack UIP.IPF 06/05 Kennelly <l_kennellyyahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs. com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing. K Illinoisv_since1982 <v_since1982@ yahoo.com> wrote: Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a

> lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@ ... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been >

reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > ************ **> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food. aol.com/tyler- florence? video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod0003000 0000002)> K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14 K Central Il Hubby ipf- 2006 As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord 14