RemedySpot.com

Prednisone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I've read many posts re Prednisone, nearly all of them negative. Are there any positives? I ask because in the three years since dx, the pulmo has not prescribed any medication nor even mentioned any. When I told my regular doctor this, he was angry and said I should have been Prenisone immediately. He thinks I should be on it now.

I have an appointment with the pulmo coming up and will bring up the issue of Prednisone. I don't have much faith in the pulmo since all he does is look at the xrays and ct scans and the breathing results and nods his head.

Obviously, if there are any positives to balance the negatives, I would want to take it. So many of you have had experience with this drug that your comments will help me decide.

Jack

79/UIP/IPF/6 - 05

Guest guest

-

Jack,

we are a few of us here who have benefitted from Prednosone.I am

one of them I have been on for 13 yrs, from 6omg (oral) to as low as

5mg .at present on 10mg and fairly stable i think i owe to

prednisonethat ia m still alive.I have taken 120mg by IV too.

I was diagnosed with IPF in 1995 but it could be NSIP

I have several side effects including severe osteoporosis but I am

still here .I am on o2 24/7 at 2lit permin when static and 4lit on

exertion

I f you read our posts you will know it doesnt work in all cases ,

you will have to take your own decision

Geeta--

>

> I've read many posts re Prednisone, nearly all of them negative. 

Are there any positives?  I ask because in the three years since dx,

the pulmo has not prescribed any medication nor even mentioned any. 

When I told my regular doctor this, he was angry and said I should

have been Prenisone immediately.  He thinks I should be on it now.

> I have an appointment with the pulmo coming up and will bring up

the issue of Prednisone.   I don't have much faith in the pulmo

since all he does is look at the xrays and ct scans and the

breathing results and nods his head.

> Obviously, if there are any positives to balance the negatives, I

would want to take it.  So many of you have had experience with this

drug that your comments will help me decide.

> Jack

> 79/UIP/IPF/6 - 05

>

Guest guest

Jack

You sounds like a good candidate for the upcoming study to determine if Prednisone and Immuran have any benefit to us patience. You might want to contact a research hospital to find out when they are enrolling patience in the study. I know that CardiPulmonary Associates at Hospital in St Louis will be enrolling patience in the next couple months.

Prednisone

I've read many posts re Prednisone, nearly all of them negative. Are there any positives? I ask because in the three years since dx, the pulmo has not prescribed any medication nor even mentioned any. When I told my regular doctor this, he was angry and said I should have been Prenisone immediately. He thinks I should be on it now.

I have an appointment with the pulmo coming up and will bring up the issue of Prednisone. I don't have much faith in the pulmo since all he does is look at the xrays and ct scans and the breathing results and nods his head.

Obviously, if there are any positives to balance the negatives, I would want to take it. So many of you have had experience with this drug that your comments will help me decide.

Jack

79/UIP/IPF/6 - 05

Guest guest

Been on Prednisone every day since 1998. From 60 to 10mg, been at 20 for over a year. I take it for my Polymositis which causes my UIP. If the PM doesn't go in to a flare my UIP progress is slower P Jack Marshall wrote: I've read many posts re Prednisone, nearly all of them negative. Are there any positives? I ask because in the three years since dx, the pulmo has not prescribed any

medication nor even mentioned any. When I told my regular doctor this, he was angry and said I should have been Prenisone immediately. He thinks I should be on it now. I have an appointment with the pulmo coming up and will bring up the issue of Prednisone. I don't have much faith in the pulmo since all he does is look at the xrays and ct scans and the breathing results and nods his head. Obviously, if there are any positives to balance the negatives, I would want to take it. So many of you have had experience with this drug that your comments will help me decide. Jack 79/UIP/IPF/6 - 05 P PM (Polymositis) 12/98, UIP 8/00, o2 24/7 8/04, PH 3/06, ILL yo 59