RemedySpot.com

Re: I'm very new to this

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,When going in for a consultation for augmentation, the issue of the capsules rarely, if ever, comes up. I never knew about capsules until it was an issue at explant. So, most women don't have a clue that the capsules could ever be a problem, because doctors don't recognize them as a problem. After all, they believe implants are safe, so why wouldn't scar capsules be safe as well? It's a normal process in the human body. The truth is that when a person becomes ill from implants, the scar capsules contains residual silicone debris that also must go; yet doctors (wrongly) don't believe it to be a concern.No, it is not possible to keep implants for life, unless, of course, one dies early or gets implants late in life. Implants will rupture by 10 years at the minimum, and by 20 years, nearly all implants are

ruptured.PattyFrom: <seBiz@...>Subject: Re: I & #39;m very new to this"glory2glory1401" <glory2glory1401@...>Date: Friday, December 26, 2008, 10:54 PM

Thank you for the detailed explanation Patty but it leads me to another question:If all implants develop capsules, why in the world would anyone have the surgery done but more to the point, is it not possible for an implant patient to keep them in for life...?Thanks for the timely reply, by the way...!

=====================

Posted through Grouply, the better way

to access your like this one.

http://www.grouply.com/?code=post

--- Original message posted by "glory2glory1401" <glory2glory1401@...> on 2008-12-26 08:38:00 ---

,A capsule is the scar tissue that the body forms around the implantitself, as a preservation reaction by the immune system. It is tryingto wall off the foreign object, and so it is only there as a result ofhaving implants. It forms over time, but quite soon after havingimplants. All women with implants will have a capsule form, and thesecan range from being tissue paper thin, to being quite thick and rubbery.It is not a natural part of the female body at all.In fact, it is even dangerous to leave a capsule in the body after theimplants have been removed, as Dr. Pierre Blais has written about.Many doctors do not subscribe to this view, and therefore leave theirpatients at risk if they do not remove all of the capsule. It is apoint that we stress heavily when we talk to women about gettingexplant. A total capsulectomy MUST be done if a women is sick andwants her

implants removed.We have pictures of capsules in our photo section, and on ourShutterfly site.Patty>> Since I'm so new, I would like to know if any of you can tell me what> a capsule is and what it does in the body. Is it part of the implant> surgery or is it a natural part of the female body...?>> Please forgive me for sounding so foolish but I'd never know if I> never asked, right...!>