RemedySpot.com

Re: Using a POC in Denver

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Joan,

If you know you require oxygen in Denver and you want to be out and about renting a portable concentrator is probably a great option. Just make sure than when you receive it someone teaches you how to use it, to charge the batteries and make sure the unit is fully functional.

I don't use a POC because my oxygen needs are too high when I'm active for a POC to be adequate. But for someone in your position, it's a great option. I know others have used them in similar situations, hopefully someone will weigh in here!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Traveling to Denver???

Hello everyone -I'm flying to Denver tomorrow with my oldest son and granddaughter (12), to visit my younger son and his family. I've flown fairly regularly (2-3 times a year) and haven't had any problems. I have an oxygen concentrator in Denver, but my son wants me to rent a portable unit so he can take me sightseeing. I've got an Rx and have contacted suppliers in the area about a week's rental. Have any of you done this? What do you do? I don't require oxygen in Raleigh, NC or San , CA (near sea level), but I do in Denver (mile high city :<) Any tips or suggestions? Thanks -Joan M

Guest guest

Joan,

If you know you require oxygen in Denver and you want to be out and about renting a portable concentrator is probably a great option. Just make sure than when you receive it someone teaches you how to use it, to charge the batteries and make sure the unit is fully functional.

I don't use a POC because my oxygen needs are too high when I'm active for a POC to be adequate. But for someone in your position, it's a great option. I know others have used them in similar situations, hopefully someone will weigh in here!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Traveling to Denver???

Hello everyone -I'm flying to Denver tomorrow with my oldest son and granddaughter (12), to visit my younger son and his family. I've flown fairly regularly (2-3 times a year) and haven't had any problems. I have an oxygen concentrator in Denver, but my son wants me to rent a portable unit so he can take me sightseeing. I've got an Rx and have contacted suppliers in the area about a week's rental. Have any of you done this? What do you do? I don't require oxygen in Raleigh, NC or San , CA (near sea level), but I do in Denver (mile high city :<) Any tips or suggestions? Thanks -Joan M