RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Back up oxygen systems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Happy Sunday Bruce, It is good to see this LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG   ;)  post. sure have missed them..Your trip sounds like you just went for it. I am so Glad and proud of you for just going all out..Got a question about your scooter. How heavy is it? Just thinking.... Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. SueRather typical battle with oxygen supplier and insurance company.First, you should not have to pay for backup when out. I would trydiplomatically but the ultimate question would be to the insurer "do youwant to be liable for what might happen if the Companion freezes orfails when I'm out?" Getting backups to portables is a common problem.Others might provide more insight of what they've done if you providedthe name of your insurer and oxygen supplier. Unless your insurer is onelike Cigna insisting on a supplier like Apria, if a supplier won't meetyour needs it is always possible to switch. However, it sounds likeoverall your supplier is coming very close.Second, the amounts insurers are billed and patients and doctors andhospitals for some items is absurd. A Nonin 9500 oximeter is sold onlinefor $239.95. Apria was going to bill Aetna either $1580 for a sale or$280 per month for rental and Aetna was going to pay their 80%. Ofcourse my 20% at that time was still more than the cost outright.Doctors and nurses still think oximeters are very expensive because theypay over $1000 for Nonin 9500's. Then they are really shocked to findout there is an FDA approved oximeter for $65 which checks outcompletely beside theirs. So you are being charged an exhorbitant rateon the cart even if their cart is especially high quality. On the otherhand what you're charged on the cylinder doesn't seem bad at all.I applaud a couple of things which you're doing. Unfortunately manycan't afford to. But you got the E cart and cylinder whether you had topay or not. I've also made some purchases on my own and may add to myinventory of items in the future. However, one can still insist on morefrom your insurer and provider.As to the concentrator, at least they were honest in saying it was fortheir convenience. Its also for their cost savings. But I like that theydidn't give you some story about it being all the insurer would pay foror better for you in some way or anything else.One thing too for anyone having trouble getting what they need and want.Have your doctor write a very specific prescription. My currentprescription specifies liquid reservoir at home and Helios Marathonportable by name. So one might try getting specified Companion Tportable with two E tanks and cart for backup. Who knows if that willhelp.Also when you're looking for backup equipment or spares there are manypurveyors of used and rebuilt equipment online (some of which may havecome from oxygen providers but also your oxygen providers buy rebuiltequipment too sometimes). There is also equipment sold regularly oncraigslist and occasionally on ebay.To those of you looking for other things like Scooters or Powerchairs Iwould highly recommend craigslist or any local penny pincher or thattype newspaper. Because most wait for insurance or medicare to pay forsuch there is a horrible resale market. Not that medicare will not payfor a chair until you need it to get around indoors. They don'trecognize any need for you to be mobile outdoors. I purchased a chairwhich retails for over $5000 and sells online for over $4000 from a verynice private individual through craigslist. I paid $500 and it had fewerthan 350 hours on it and the diagnostics I got run on it by The ScooterStore showed it to be in perfect shape.Just keep your eyes open. Just looked out of curiosity today on localcraigslist. Chairs 850-1500 but some probably negotiable. When I boughta few months ago there were many from $400-700. Oxygen concentrators$150-365. Well, a used concentrator for $365, no way. You can buyrebuilt with warranty from reputable firms for $250-325. Or you can buynew for as low as $499 online with warranty.>> Hi list friends>> My insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system> with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2> dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter> concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the> concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and> refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks.> I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails> (which happened for the first time yesterday for about 2 hrs).> For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am> billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at> Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is> charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I> order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for> under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on> what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to> pay for this other system.> Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate> your insight.> Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA>

Guest guest

Happy Sunday Bruce, It is good to see this LLLLOOOONNNNNGGGGG   ;)  post. sure have missed them..Your trip sounds like you just went for it. I am so Glad and proud of you for just going all out..Got a question about your scooter. How heavy is it? Just thinking.... Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. SueRather typical battle with oxygen supplier and insurance company.First, you should not have to pay for backup when out. I would trydiplomatically but the ultimate question would be to the insurer "do youwant to be liable for what might happen if the Companion freezes orfails when I'm out?" Getting backups to portables is a common problem.Others might provide more insight of what they've done if you providedthe name of your insurer and oxygen supplier. Unless your insurer is onelike Cigna insisting on a supplier like Apria, if a supplier won't meetyour needs it is always possible to switch. However, it sounds likeoverall your supplier is coming very close.Second, the amounts insurers are billed and patients and doctors andhospitals for some items is absurd. A Nonin 9500 oximeter is sold onlinefor $239.95. Apria was going to bill Aetna either $1580 for a sale or$280 per month for rental and Aetna was going to pay their 80%. Ofcourse my 20% at that time was still more than the cost outright.Doctors and nurses still think oximeters are very expensive because theypay over $1000 for Nonin 9500's. Then they are really shocked to findout there is an FDA approved oximeter for $65 which checks outcompletely beside theirs. So you are being charged an exhorbitant rateon the cart even if their cart is especially high quality. On the otherhand what you're charged on the cylinder doesn't seem bad at all.I applaud a couple of things which you're doing. Unfortunately manycan't afford to. But you got the E cart and cylinder whether you had topay or not. I've also made some purchases on my own and may add to myinventory of items in the future. However, one can still insist on morefrom your insurer and provider.As to the concentrator, at least they were honest in saying it was fortheir convenience. Its also for their cost savings. But I like that theydidn't give you some story about it being all the insurer would pay foror better for you in some way or anything else.One thing too for anyone having trouble getting what they need and want.Have your doctor write a very specific prescription. My currentprescription specifies liquid reservoir at home and Helios Marathonportable by name. So one might try getting specified Companion Tportable with two E tanks and cart for backup. Who knows if that willhelp.Also when you're looking for backup equipment or spares there are manypurveyors of used and rebuilt equipment online (some of which may havecome from oxygen providers but also your oxygen providers buy rebuiltequipment too sometimes). There is also equipment sold regularly oncraigslist and occasionally on ebay.To those of you looking for other things like Scooters or Powerchairs Iwould highly recommend craigslist or any local penny pincher or thattype newspaper. Because most wait for insurance or medicare to pay forsuch there is a horrible resale market. Not that medicare will not payfor a chair until you need it to get around indoors. They don'trecognize any need for you to be mobile outdoors. I purchased a chairwhich retails for over $5000 and sells online for over $4000 from a verynice private individual through craigslist. I paid $500 and it had fewerthan 350 hours on it and the diagnostics I got run on it by The ScooterStore showed it to be in perfect shape.Just keep your eyes open. Just looked out of curiosity today on localcraigslist. Chairs 850-1500 but some probably negotiable. When I boughta few months ago there were many from $400-700. Oxygen concentrators$150-365. Well, a used concentrator for $365, no way. You can buyrebuilt with warranty from reputable firms for $250-325. Or you can buynew for as low as $499 online with warranty.>> Hi list friends>> My insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system> with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2> dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter> concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the> concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and> refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks.> I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails> (which happened for the first time yesterday for about 2 hrs).> For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am> billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at> Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is> charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I> order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for> under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on> what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to> pay for this other system.> Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate> your insight.> Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA>

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Missy, How is your Sunday? Did ya make Church? I did. I was so sore and feeling terrible when I got up. was sitting on the porch like he just had all day. I opened the door and told him AM going-- move it.  lol It was so worth is. Great singing and Good sermon.  I hope you have a Blessed rest of your Sunday.  Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Sue,That is how the providers of home health equipment make thier money.  I don't understand why insurance companies go along with thier exorbitant pricing.  If you are responsible for paying this $45, then yes, I would just buy one for $30. What liter flow are you on?  If you are on low liter flow, you should have a much more convenient portable than the Companion T.  That thing is heavy and bulky.  I know because it is what I use.  But, I am on 10L. It shouldn't be so costly nor so difficult just to breathe. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hi list friends> > My insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system > with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2 > dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter > concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the > concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and > refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks. > I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails > (which happened for the first time yesterday for about 2 hrs).> For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am > billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at > Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is > charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I > order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for > under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on > what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to > pay for this other system. > Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate > your insight.> Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA>

Guest guest

Hi Missy, How is your Sunday? Did ya make Church? I did. I was so sore and feeling terrible when I got up. was sitting on the porch like he just had all day. I opened the door and told him AM going-- move it.  lol It was so worth is. Great singing and Good sermon.  I hope you have a Blessed rest of your Sunday.  Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Sue,That is how the providers of home health equipment make thier money.  I don't understand why insurance companies go along with thier exorbitant pricing.  If you are responsible for paying this $45, then yes, I would just buy one for $30. What liter flow are you on?  If you are on low liter flow, you should have a much more convenient portable than the Companion T.  That thing is heavy and bulky.  I know because it is what I use.  But, I am on 10L. It shouldn't be so costly nor so difficult just to breathe. Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hi list friends> > My insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system > with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2 > dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter > concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the > concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and > refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks. > I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails > (which happened for the first time yesterday for about 2 hrs).> For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am > billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at > Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is > charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I > order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for > under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on > what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to > pay for this other system. > Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate > your insight.> Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA>

Guest guest

Sue,

Try not to get too down because you've had a few cruddy days. The heat we've been having is brutal and I'm sure your air quality in VA isn't any better than ours here in NC when we have a stationary front like we do now. This kind of stuff can wreak havoc with our breathing. Just go slow and don't panic.

I hate when doctors circumstances change and we have to make adjustments. I go to Duke also, it's actually practically in my backyard. LOL Only about 4 miles from my house to the clinc building where I see Dr. on. I'm sure whoever you choose at Duke will be fine. My only advice would be make sure the doctor you choose is a specialist in interstitial lung diseases as opposed to a general pulmonologist or a specialist in some other type of lung disease. You can get some info about the doctors their educations, background and areas of expertise at this website. http://www.dukehealth.org/physicians

Hope that helps!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Back up oxygen systems

Thanks guys for your responses. To answer some of your questions –MB: the cart is not made of platinum with mink tips (too bad) in fact, the wheels are well worn and the screw that holds the cylinder is almost stripped. When I said Pulmonary

rehab, I actually meant a cardiac and pulmonary maintenance program at the local wellness center. When I went through the hospital approved program, they supplied the o2. I am on 4 liters at rest, but I find 3 is OK too, but I’m on 6-8 on exertion. When I’m exercising, I also have to use a rebreather mask which I hate to keep the o2 levels up.

I am going to take Bruce’s advice and “diplomatically” inquire of the o2 supplier about the cost of the cart rental. I guess what really got me to thinking about this, is that I got a bill for over $200 which covered several months. It’s much easier to pay a smaller amount each month than be hit with a whopper of a bill.

I have my 3-month check up coming in a week and I guess I’m nervous about that. I just have this gnawing feeling that the disease has progressed. When you have a few bad days, you can’t help but think it’s the disease, but it could be the weather or meds too. I have been going to Duke for my care, and was told that my dr. is going to be taking over the medical aspects of the transplant program and has to give up his fibrosis patients. I’ve heard a couple of you mention Dr. on and a dr. friend also suggested a Dr. Govert. I will see who Dr. Steele recommends and go from there.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sue D, 62 yr old, Fibrotic NSIP dx 9/07, VA

Guest guest

Sue,

Try not to get too down because you've had a few cruddy days. The heat we've been having is brutal and I'm sure your air quality in VA isn't any better than ours here in NC when we have a stationary front like we do now. This kind of stuff can wreak havoc with our breathing. Just go slow and don't panic.

I hate when doctors circumstances change and we have to make adjustments. I go to Duke also, it's actually practically in my backyard. LOL Only about 4 miles from my house to the clinc building where I see Dr. on. I'm sure whoever you choose at Duke will be fine. My only advice would be make sure the doctor you choose is a specialist in interstitial lung diseases as opposed to a general pulmonologist or a specialist in some other type of lung disease. You can get some info about the doctors their educations, background and areas of expertise at this website. http://www.dukehealth.org/physicians

Hope that helps!

Beth

Thanks guys for your responses. To answer some of your questions –MB: the cart is not made of platinum with mink tips (too bad) in fact, the wheels are well worn and the screw that holds the cylinder is almost stripped. When I said Pulmonary

rehab, I actually meant a cardiac and pulmonary maintenance program at the local wellness center. When I went through the hospital approved program, they supplied the o2. I am on 4 liters at rest, but I find 3 is OK too, but I’m on 6-8 on exertion. When I’m exercising, I also have to use a rebreather mask which I hate to keep the o2 levels up.

I am going to take Bruce’s advice and “diplomatically” inquire of the o2 supplier about the cost of the cart rental. I guess what really got me to thinking about this, is that I got a bill for over $200 which covered several months. It’s much easier to pay a smaller amount each month than be hit with a whopper of a bill.

I have my 3-month check up coming in a week and I guess I’m nervous about that. I just have this gnawing feeling that the disease has progressed. When you have a few bad days, you can’t help but think it’s the disease, but it could be the weather or meds too. I have been going to Duke for my care, and was told that my dr. is going to be taking over the medical aspects of the transplant program and has to give up his fibrosis patients. I’ve heard a couple of you mention Dr. on and a dr. friend also suggested a Dr. Govert. I will see who Dr. Steele recommends and go from there.

Guest guest

Sue,

Hope that helps!

Beth

Guest guest

Bruce

Where do I get the concentrators for $250 to $500? I have not found them at that price and I would like to have a couple. Thanks for the help.

Fay

SueRather typical battle with oxygen supplier and insurance company.First, you should not have to pay for backup when out. I would trydiplomatically but the ultimate question would be to the insurer "do youwant to be liable for what might happen if the Companion freezes orfails when I'm out?" Getting backups to portables is a common problem.Others might provide more insight of what they've done if you providedthe name of your insurer and oxygen supplier. Unless your insurer is onelike Cigna insisting on a supplier like Apria, if a supplier won't meetyour needs it is always possible to switch. However, it sounds likeoverall your supplier is coming very close.Second, the amounts insurers are billed and patients and doctors andhospitals for some items is absurd. A Nonin 9500 oximeter is sold onlinefor $239.95. Apria was going to bill Aetna either $1580 for a sale or$280 per month for

rental and Aetna was going to pay their 80%. Ofcourse my 20% at that time was still more than the cost outright.Doctors and nurses still think oximeters are very expensive because theypay over $1000 for Nonin 9500's. Then they are really shocked to findout there is an FDA approved oximeter for $65 which checks outcompletely beside theirs. So you are being charged an exhorbitant rateon the cart even if their cart is especially high quality. On the otherhand what you're charged on the cylinder doesn't seem bad at all.I applaud a couple of things which you're doing. Unfortunately manycan't afford to. But you got the E cart and cylinder whether you had topay or not. I've also made some purchases on my own and may add to myinventory of items in the future. However, one can still insist on morefrom your insurer and provider.As to the concentrator, at least they were honest in saying it was

fortheir convenience. Its also for their cost savings. But I like that theydidn't give you some story about it being all the insurer would pay foror better for you in some way or anything else.One thing too for anyone having trouble getting what they need and want.Have your doctor write a very specific prescription. My currentprescription specifies liquid reservoir at home and Helios Marathonportable by name. So one might try getting specified Companion Tportable with two E tanks and cart for backup. Who knows if that willhelp.Also when you're looking for backup equipment or spares there are manypurveyors of used and rebuilt equipment online (some of which may havecome from oxygen providers but also your oxygen providers buy rebuiltequipment too sometimes). There is also equipment sold regularly oncraigslist and occasionally on

ebay.To those of you looking for other things like Scooters or Powerchairs Iwould highly recommend craigslist or any local penny pincher or thattype newspaper. Because most wait for insurance or medicare to pay forsuch there is a horrible resale market. Not that medicare will not payfor a chair until you need it to get around indoors. They don'trecognize any need for you to be mobile outdoors. I purchased a chairwhich retails for over $5000 and sells online for over $4000 from a verynice private individual through craigslist. I paid $500 and it had fewerthan 350 hours on it and the diagnostics I got run on it by The ScooterStore showed it to be in perfect shape.Just keep your eyes open. Just looked out of curiosity today on localcraigslist. Chairs 850-1500 but some probably negotiable. When I boughta few months ago there were many from $400-700. Oxygen concentrators$150-365. Well, a used

concentrator for $365, no way. You can buyrebuilt with warranty from reputable firms for $250-325. Or you can buynew for as low as $499 online with warranty.>> Hi list friends>> My insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system> with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2> dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter> concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the> concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and> refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks.> I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails> (which happened for the first time

yesterday for about 2 hrs).> For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am> billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at> Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is> charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I> order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for> under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on> what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to> pay for this other system.> Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate> your insight.> Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA>

Guest guest

Bruce

Where do I get the concentrators for $250 to $500? I have not found them at that price and I would like to have a couple. Thanks for the help.

Fay

SueRather typical battle with oxygen supplier and insurance company.First, you should not have to pay for backup when out. I would trydiplomatically but the ultimate question would be to the insurer "do youwant to be liable for what might happen if the Companion freezes orfails when I'm out?" Getting backups to portables is a common problem.Others might provide more insight of what they've done if you providedthe name of your insurer and oxygen supplier. Unless your insurer is onelike Cigna insisting on a supplier like Apria, if a supplier won't meetyour needs it is always possible to switch. However, it sounds likeoverall your supplier is coming very close.Second, the amounts insurers are billed and patients and doctors andhospitals for some items is absurd. A Nonin 9500 oximeter is sold onlinefor $239.95. Apria was going to bill Aetna either $1580 for a sale or$280 per month for

rental and Aetna was going to pay their 80%. Ofcourse my 20% at that time was still more than the cost outright.Doctors and nurses still think oximeters are very expensive because theypay over $1000 for Nonin 9500's. Then they are really shocked to findout there is an FDA approved oximeter for $65 which checks outcompletely beside theirs. So you are being charged an exhorbitant rateon the cart even if their cart is especially high quality. On the otherhand what you're charged on the cylinder doesn't seem bad at all.I applaud a couple of things which you're doing. Unfortunately manycan't afford to. But you got the E cart and cylinder whether you had topay or not. I've also made some purchases on my own and may add to myinventory of items in the future. However, one can still insist on morefrom your insurer and provider.As to the concentrator, at least they were honest in saying it was

fortheir convenience. Its also for their cost savings. But I like that theydidn't give you some story about it being all the insurer would pay foror better for you in some way or anything else.One thing too for anyone having trouble getting what they need and want.Have your doctor write a very specific prescription. My currentprescription specifies liquid reservoir at home and Helios Marathonportable by name. So one might try getting specified Companion Tportable with two E tanks and cart for backup. Who knows if that willhelp.Also when you're looking for backup equipment or spares there are manypurveyors of used and rebuilt equipment online (some of which may havecome from oxygen providers but also your oxygen providers buy rebuiltequipment too sometimes). There is also equipment sold regularly oncraigslist and occasionally on

ebay.To those of you looking for other things like Scooters or Powerchairs Iwould highly recommend craigslist or any local penny pincher or thattype newspaper. Because most wait for insurance or medicare to pay forsuch there is a horrible resale market. Not that medicare will not payfor a chair until you need it to get around indoors. They don'trecognize any need for you to be mobile outdoors. I purchased a chairwhich retails for over $5000 and sells online for over $4000 from a verynice private individual through craigslist. I paid $500 and it had fewerthan 350 hours on it and the diagnostics I got run on it by The ScooterStore showed it to be in perfect shape.Just keep your eyes open. Just looked out of curiosity today on localcraigslist. Chairs 850-1500 but some probably negotiable. When I boughta few months ago there were many from $400-700. Oxygen concentrators$150-365. Well, a used

concentrator for $365, no way. You can buyrebuilt with warranty from reputable firms for $250-325. Or you can buynew for as low as $499 online with warranty.>> Hi list friends>> My insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system> with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2> dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter> concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the> concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and> refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks.> I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails> (which happened for the first time

yesterday for about 2 hrs).> For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am> billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at> Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is> charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I> order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for> under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on> what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to> pay for this other system.> Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate> your insight.> Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA>

Guest guest

Fay

A few sources for concentrators.

Craigslist, etc. generally from individuals with no warrantee but may find some with little usage due to deaths.

Dealers with rebuilt concentrators with warrantees.

http://www.hytechre spiratory. com/

http://advantagemed icalsystems. com/health- equipment- discounts. htm

http://www.dotmed. com/equipment/ 7/10/491/ all/ always has a large listing from various sources.

As to new concentrators:

http://www.cpapusa. com/oxygen/ search.php? category= O2%20Concentrato rs & type=machine starting at $735.

http://www.tri- medinc.com/ TM/concentrator_ index.html starting at $629.95.

https://www. suprememedical. com/pc-282- 9-oxygen- concentrators. aspx starting at $499.

http://portablenebs .com/concentrato r.htm starting at $657.

I have purchased from Tri-Med and Portable Nebs and had good service.

> >> > Hi list friends> >> > My insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system> > with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2> > dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter> > concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the> > concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and> > refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks.> > I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails> > (which happened for the first time yesterday for about 2 hrs).> > For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am> > billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at> > Pulmonary

rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is> > charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I> > order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for> > under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on> > what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to> > pay for this other system.> > Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate> > your insight.> > Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA> >>