RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: For tommorrow....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Irene, Doctors have large egos. Physicians have even larger. They need this to be confident to get through medical school and to face life and death decisions. But underneath they have same worries and fears we alll face. They deal best with single issues and tend to get defensive or upset if things are brought up that they have no control or limited knowledge of. So in preparation have listed your important concern first and try not to let emotions and feelings get in the way of primary concern. History is just history.

The best surgeon I see is a big jerk who says outright things are his way or no way. Also doesn't care if I use him or another surgeon. The worst doctor I went to was the nicest guy you could meet. We became friends and even went to ball games or had beers together. The problem was he never had an inkling of what was coming for me. I still miss the guy but have not seen him for 2 years in any capacity.

Anyway usually you get treated better if you come prepared mentally and where I live there are lots of surgeons. So easy to get another. Hopefully you get this before your appointment. Most worries tend to be worse than the actual experience. Good luck, if I lived close I would go with you to insure you get the respect we all deserve.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: For tommorrow....Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:34:15 -0000

thanks GeetaIrene> >> > Hi All, > > For tommorrow....I'm seeing the surgeon, since surgery and discharge > > from hospital, please tell me everything will be OK...I really don't > > have the heart or even looking forward to the appointment > > etc...emotionally it still hurts!> > > > I don't know how to get past these feelings....> > > > Thanks> > Irene> > PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> > Crohn's Disease 03/95

Guest guest

Irene, Doctors have large egos. Physicians have even larger. They need this to be confident to get through medical school and to face life and death decisions. But underneath they have same worries and fears we alll face. They deal best with single issues and tend to get defensive or upset if things are brought up that they have no control or limited knowledge of. So in preparation have listed your important concern first and try not to let emotions and feelings get in the way of primary concern. History is just history.

The best surgeon I see is a big jerk who says outright things are his way or no way. Also doesn't care if I use him or another surgeon. The worst doctor I went to was the nicest guy you could meet. We became friends and even went to ball games or had beers together. The problem was he never had an inkling of what was coming for me. I still miss the guy but have not seen him for 2 years in any capacity.

Anyway usually you get treated better if you come prepared mentally and where I live there are lots of surgeons. So easy to get another. Hopefully you get this before your appointment. Most worries tend to be worse than the actual experience. Good luck, if I lived close I would go with you to insure you get the respect we all deserve.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: For tommorrow....Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:34:15 -0000

thanks GeetaIrene> >> > Hi All, > > For tommorrow....I'm seeing the surgeon, since surgery and discharge > > from hospital, please tell me everything will be OK...I really don't > > have the heart or even looking forward to the appointment > > etc...emotionally it still hurts!> > > > I don't know how to get past these feelings....> > > > Thanks> > Irene> > PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> > Crohn's Disease 03/95