RemedySpot.com

Re: Back up Beth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Beth, Hi, Hope you are as good as can be expected, It would be of great help tp me if you told me of your journey while in that 2 year wait, as that is what I am facing. Who covers you now and what do they provide for you? If you could please fill me in .

Thank you !

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Back up oxygen systems

Hi list friendsMy insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2 dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks. I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails (which happened for the first time yesterday for about 2 hrs).For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on

what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to pay for this other system. Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate your insight.Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA

Guest guest

Mayleen,

The short answer is no one covers me. I'm currently uninsured. However I have found ways to get what I need. Lots of patience, persistance and probably just plain old stubbornness.

I have been covered since my illness first by my former employers insurance, then that same policy with Cobra. After that I was on Medicaid in NY (I had to meet a deductable with unpaid medical bills) for several months until I moved to North Carolina last December.

When I got here and established 30 days of residency I applied for Medicaid in North Carolina. That was a no go. My income (just over $1000 monthly from SSDI) was "too high". I was told off the record that if I could get myself admitted to the hospital they would cover me. (No thank you)

So here's my cobbled together "plan". I owe Duke a tidy sum at this point. I am on a very very reasonable payment plan with them but currently my care at Duke is being paid for by Dukes financial hardship program. I own my oxygen concentrators ( I have 3, one can refill tanks but only goes up to 3 liters, one is at my sisters where I use the treadmill and one is at my home and goes up to 5 liters.) I have a large M tank in my garage for backup in case of a power outage that I pay $18 monthly rental on. Occasionally I get D tanks delivered when I travel which I pay out of pocket.

I pay out !

Hope that's the kind of information you were looking for!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Back up oxygen systems

Hi list friendsMy insurance company (not medicare) is billed for a liquid o2 system with a Companion T(I think that's the name) portable. The o2 dealer also supplies (they say free of charge) a l0 liter concentrator (which I use in the house). The 02 supplier says the concentrator is for their convenience as far as scheduling and refilling. I get the liquid refilled about every 2 weeks. I also have one of those HUGE tanks in case the electricity fails (which happened for the first time yesterday for about 2 hrs).For my own peace of mind, my other "back up" (for which I am billed)is the cart that holds one E-tank. I have to use that at Pulmonary rehab to get the proper o2 flow. The o2 supplier is charging me $45 a month for cart rental plus $10 for each E-Tank I order. I have been online and find I can buy one of those carts for under $30. i feel I am getting "ripped off" by the o2 supplier on

what I have to pay out of pocket. I am not expecting the ins co. to pay for this other system. Have any of you faced this? What is your solution? Appreciate your insight.Sue D, 62, fibrotic NSIP, dx. 10/07, VA

Guest guest

Mayleen,

The short answer is no one covers me. I'm currently uninsured. However I have found ways to get what I need. Lots of patience, persistance and probably just plain old stubbornness.

I have been covered since my illness first by my former employers insurance, then that same policy with Cobra. After that I was on Medicaid in NY (I had to meet a deductable with unpaid medical bills) for several months until I moved to North Carolina last December.

When I got here and established 30 days of residency I applied for Medicaid in North Carolina. That was a no go. My income (just over $1000 monthly from SSDI) was "too high". I was told off the record that if I could get myself admitted to the hospital they would cover me. (No thank you)

So here's my cobbled together "plan". I owe Duke a tidy sum at this point. I am on a very very reasonable payment plan with them but currently my care at Duke is being paid for by Dukes financial hardship program. I own my oxygen concentrators ( I have 3, one can refill tanks but only goes up to 3 liters, one is at my sisters where I use the treadmill and one is at my home and goes up to 5 liters.) I have a large M tank in my garage for backup in case of a power outage that I pay $18 monthly rental on. Occasionally I get D tanks delivered when I travel which I pay out of pocket.

I pay out !

Beth

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

Mayleen,

I pay out !

Beth

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

Ooops somehow the end of that email got cut off. What it said was I pay out of pocket for the least expensive of my meds and the others I've been able to obtain at no charge from the manufacturers.(for example I receive my Nexium directly from Astra Zeneca at no charge. The Caring Voice Coalition helped me to find the way to apply for these programs. There are lots of them though there are forms to fill out and hoops to jump through. A great website for this is www.needymeds.com.

I think that's about it. I will be Medicare eligible in November. If I have to be hospitalized before then I know Medicaid will cover me and there is comfort in that. This is all somewhat stressful, when you're sick you shouldn't have to do all this legwork for your own care but that's just the way it is and I can't waste energy being upset about it. What I've put together will work for the next few months and then I get to do battle with Medicare... Fun!

Beth

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

Beth, Thank you !! I am sorry, we are in the same boat kid of. Oh my !! I cannot get this darn caseworkers to do their jobs. I cannot copy, print, fax, access places and they will not work. My computer takes my breathe away. As I keep getting worse so does the computer.

Wow, I do not know what to say. These things should not happen. With all the cuts I could only expect things to get worse. I am still looking for assisted devices so I can access things.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

Beth, Thank you !! I am sorry, we are in the same boat kid of. Oh my !! I cannot get this darn caseworkers to do their jobs. I cannot copy, print, fax, access places and they will not work. My computer takes my breathe away. As I keep getting worse so does the computer.

Wow, I do not know what to say. These things should not happen. With all the cuts I could only expect things to get worse. I am still looking for assisted devices so I can access things.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

Beth, Sorry, I know how you feel. Really. We should not have to do any of this. Thank you for the info, that gives us somewhere else to look, I have not seen that site. Any of the two. Thank you again, Hopefully my Mom will be here, I hope soon, I would hate for something before. I have my biggest fights with access.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

Beth, Sorry, I know how you feel. Really. We should not have to do any of this. Thank you for the info, that gives us somewhere else to look, I have not seen that site. Any of the two. Thank you again, Hopefully my Mom will be here, I hope soon, I would hate for something before. I have my biggest fights with access.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Back up oxygen systems

Guest guest

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

< Click on me !!

Back up oxygen systems