RemedySpot.com

RE: newly diagnosed with ipf

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the group. I am Joe Lamenskie=diagnosed in Jan. Of this year. First of all don't panic as there is no emergency but learn as much as you can. This group will inform you and is the greatest moral support as well as informative. The info you gather will assist you from now on. I do not get on a lot but read every day as well as my wife does too.

It is a nasty disease but with knowledge you can get by very well.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- newly diagnosed with ipf

Help,I was diagnosed with IPF 2 days ago and am still in shock as for 6 months I'd been told this was asthma, allergies, etc. None of the inhalers I have been using seemed to present with any benefit. My mother passed away from IPF several years ago and I remember it was a horrible process for her. I could use some hand holding.

Guest guest

Welcome Kieth, You have certainly found the right group for mental and informational support. They are all going to want to know where you are from, other diseases etc. I have been dx sinc 2006 with IPF after being treated for asthma also. there will be recommendations from the group on Pulmologists, teaching hospitals. Anyway hang in, death is not imminent with IPF. Life changes possibly. Be talking to you along the way.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: newly diagnosed with ipfDate: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:43:05 -0700 (PDT)

Help,I was diagnosed with IPF 2 days ago and am still in shock as for 6 months I'd been told this was asthma, allergies, etc. None of the inhalers I have been using seemed to present with any benefit. My mother passed away from IPF several years ago and I remember it was a horrible process for her. I could use some hand holding.