RemedySpot.com

POC for Denver trip

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Beth - Thanks for the prompt reply! (I'm leaving tomorrow). I've found a supplier in Broomfield, CO (where my son lives) who will rent me a unit for a week on short notice (apparently they usually require 30 days advance notice). It will be $195, which seems like quite a bit to me, but I'm glad to be able to find one. I've checked in with the airline, printed out our boarding passes, made arrangements to have wheelchairs at all airports, have my POC Rx from my doctor here, have counted out my pharmacy (thought that I took a lot...but in reading some of you may take more...I'm on 14, and nothing so far for the PF). A bit more about me...I was a technical writer for a major computer company in 'Silicon Valley' until I had to quit due to illness in 97. I have four wonderful grown children, 12 grandchildren (two sets of identical twin boys),

and a terrific support group of friends, neighbors and former co-workers. I consider myself quite fortunate, even with this PF. I'm a 70-yr old widow, and spend part of each year in Raleigh, NC and part in San , CA. I used to raise and show Havanese (still considered a rare breed, I think, by AKC). They look a little like ShihTsu, but without the smushed-in noses. I have two and they are marvelous little snuggle-buddies and make me laugh. At this time, I'm still able to drive and get around on my own, but it is getting more difficult as I go. Seven years ago, I was told that I had 5 years to live at most...well, I'm still here, so I choose to use the time-line that Fidelity Investments gave me for withdrawing from my measly IRA...living to be 100 years! Grandparents on both sides have lived to be in their 90s (but then they didn't have all my 'issues')...however, as

my aunt in TX says, we are from 'strong stock' and are 'tough ole birds'! :<) Looking forward to hearing from more of you...and thanks again, Beth for your input! Warmest regards - JoanM - 70 yrs, lv in Raleigh, NC and San , CA; PF dx 5/08; diab II dx 96, CAD dx 97, GERD dx 96, arth dx 94, glaucoma dx 05, cataracts (one removed last mo, other to come), clinically depressed dx 76, etc., etc.