RemedySpot.com

Webcams

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

There was some discussion earlier this week of webcams and using them to stay in touch with family and friends who live far away.

I'd just like to add my comments on this most useful technology. My family just had the most wonderful hour long webcam visit with my sister, her husband and their 5 children, including one day old Logan from her hospital room in NY.

My brother in law brought his laptop and webcam to the hospital (the hospital has wireless internet access) and all the family was able to join in. It was great to see the kids all interacting, holding the baby, climbing up on Mom's bed and just being the lovely family that they are. I got to see them, hear them, they saw and heard me and we could all be together in a way that, while it's not as satisfying as an in person visit, it's infinitely better than a phone call. All five of us grown siblings, spouses and our families joined the visit as did my parents. It was like the line from that old commercial, "next best thing to being there".

Webcams are very inexpensive, (under $50) and can be set up with virtually any computer that most of us would be using. It really is fabulous technology!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive