RemedySpot.com

Re: newly diagnossed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi military vets with PF. I am U.S. 52859554. For all non-mil I was drafted in 1968. My alias is Joe Lamenskie from Ga.

Just remember we are in another type of war with the disease but we can battle together as we did in military.

I can NOT stress how much I have learned from this site and how much comradery is here. I shed tears as did my wife Joanie until we have learned more about this stupid disease. Do I still get down? Yes but I see people worse than me and thank God I am at present not totally dependent on someone else. I do have some limitations but can work around them. There are some members that have so much help to give it is fantastic. Also it is great to have a place to vent and everyone understands.

I LOVE this group and would miss it if I did not have it daily.

JOE/JOANIE JOE 60 IPF1/2008

GRIFFIN, GA.

-- newly diagnossedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 2:15 AM

I was just diagnossed last thursday. Went for a c/t scan for a nodule on my lung. Doctors haven't said much other than the diagnosis. I am clueless with regard to pf so I can't even ask questions. I am 57 totally disabled viet nam vet with hep c, diabetes and ptsd. I have another md appointment tuesday, kind of interferes with my fishing plans,lol.

Guest guest

Hi

Have a welcome from across the pond, although I'm sorry you had to find us, I am glad that you did. I hope you find the support and help here that I have.

Oh, and don't give up the fishing!

Love Ze xx>> I was just diagnossed last thursday. Went for a c/t scan for a nodule > on my lung. Doctors haven't said much other than the diagnosis. I am > clueless with regard to pf so I can't even ask questions. I am 57 > totally disabled viet nam vet with hep c, diabetes and ptsd. I have > another md appointment tuesday, kind of interferes with my fishing > plans,lol.>

Guest guest

Good morning Joe:

I also am a Viet Nam vet - 1966. RA though!

I was first diagnosed with PF about 12 years ago. It was caused by

methotrexate that I was taking for psoriasis and was caught early

on. The doctors said that it would not spread as long as I was off

methotrexate and for a long time I felt short of breath, but in good

shape. Three years ago I had a massive heart attack and since then

have been feeling the effects more and more. I still need to work

full time but I do not know how I get through the day sometimes. I

was dumb enough to have smoked (haven't had a cigarette since the

heart attack), so I also have COPD. Not only do I have a hard time

breathing in, but also exhaling.

I want to see my doctor to get a PFT and a CT scan to determine if I

am just lazy or if it is getting worse for some reason. If the

methotrexate caused it, maybe one of the medications I am on now is

causing new damage. I go to the V.A. and though the doctors are very

good, it is still " hurry up and wait " !

Hope all goes well for you. Take care,

Bob

>

>

> Subject: newly diagnossed

> To: Breathe-Support

> Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 2:15 AM

>

>

> I was just diagnossed last thursday. Went for a c/t scan for a

nodule

> on my lung. Doctors haven't said much other than the diagnosis. I

am

> clueless with regard to pf so I can't even ask questions. I am 57

> totally disabled viet nam vet with hep c, diabetes and ptsd. I have

> another md appointment tuesday, kind of interferes with my fishing

> plans,lol.

>

Guest guest

Welcome to our "Air-Family". I'm sorry you have your disability and now apparently PF. Were you told exactly "what" you have? How were you dx (diagnosed) and do you have a pulmonologist?

Tell us your name and where you live, are you married,kids?

I'm one of the older ones on the board (70 this Aug). There are all ages here from 30s ---- a new girl just joined us at 22! ---- to 80. Any question you have I'm sure can be answered by someone on our board. Lots of information available as well. Go to the home page where there are files you can click on too.

I'm remembering how I felt when I was new here...over 2 years ago now and I've remained fairly stable since. Don't panic now, you are not going to die next week! I thought sure I would be dead by now.

We will get more acquainted as we read posts.

Hang in there!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

newly diagnossed

I was just diagnossed last thursday. Went for a c/t scan for a nodule on my lung. Doctors haven't said much other than the diagnosis. I am clueless with regard to pf so I can't even ask questions. I am 57 totally disabled viet nam vet with hep c, diabetes and ptsd. I have another md appointment tuesday, kind of interferes with my fishing plans,lol.

Guest guest

Welcome to our "Air-Family". I'm sorry you have your disability and now apparently PF. Were you told exactly "what" you have? How were you dx (diagnosed) and do you have a pulmonologist?

Tell us your name and where you live, are you married,kids?

I'm one of the older ones on the board (70 this Aug). There are all ages here from 30s ---- a new girl just joined us at 22! ---- to 80. Any question you have I'm sure can be answered by someone on our board. Lots of information available as well. Go to the home page where there are files you can click on too.

I'm remembering how I felt when I was new here...over 2 years ago now and I've remained fairly stable since. Don't panic now, you are not going to die next week! I thought sure I would be dead by now.

We will get more acquainted as we read posts.

Hang in there!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

newly diagnossed