RemedySpot.com

Re: Fine thanks, how are you?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Ze,

It depends on whether it's a person who 'knows' about my Dx or not....if it IS & they're NOT a really close friend, I say "Oh I'm fine, I'm running Behind Schedule right now"...... & then I have a laugh with them usually & they look relieved that we don't have to go there!

Close friends get the Full Monty!

Obviously to a passing acqaintance it's the usual polite I'm fine how are you crapola..I HATE that particular greeting because it's such a usless, nothing, generally meaningless greeting!

GIO>> > Just wondering.> > > > When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually reply> 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that and> a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my> health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so> why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of> hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that> usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!'> > > > I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me'> it's just the way it is [:)] ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. > How about you?> > > > Love Ze xx>

Guest guest

I always so, "I'm fine, how are you?" no matter how I feel. Then after they tell me how they feel, I say, "I hope you have a great day." Just me, I guess. I don't like talking to people about how bad I feel. Some people look at you differently when they find out you are sick, so I would rather not say. That is why I love this group so much!! CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Fine thanks, how are you?To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, July 4, 2008, 6:38 AM

Just wondering.

When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually reply 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that and a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!'

I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me' it's just the way it is ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. How about you?

Love Ze xx

Guest guest

I always so, "I'm fine, how are you?" no matter how I feel. Then after they tell me how they feel, I say, "I hope you have a great day." Just me, I guess. I don't like talking to people about how bad I feel. Some people look at you differently when they find out you are sick, so I would rather not say. That is why I love this group so much!! CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Fine thanks, how are you?To: Breathe-Support Date: Friday, July 4, 2008, 6:38 AM

Just wondering.

When people say to you 'how are you?' how do you reply? I usually reply 'fine thanks, how are you?' or 'not too bad' or something like that and a friend told me off for this as she was genuinely enquiring about my health rather than passing a politeness. She said 'you're not fine, so why don't you say so?' and I thought, well, because I'm bored of hearing it and, let's face it, I'm so used to running under par that usually it's a case of I feel fine FOR ME!'

I've forgotten what feeling good feels like. (this isn't a 'poor me' it's just the way it is ) but I will still reply 'fine thanks'. How about you?

Love Ze xx