resolve this one day. Right now the providers who won the bids here on

oxygen and scooter and such could not possibly service all the new

customers.

> >

> > ... I hear you loud and clear and you are facing what many of

> will be facing with perhaps Lincare (for me) and other providers. I'm

> relieved Tim (oh I hope I have the right name) is going to bat for

you!

> I'll be watching his lead and keeping notes.

> >

> > These upcoming changes could be what forces us into living with

Lysa.

> If we have to pay out much " more " of just about any medical expense,

we

> are going to be in deep doo-doo. Especially DME. It's expensive!

> >

> > Thanks for your heads-up post.

> > I hope you're comfortable and breathing ok today.

> > Love ya,

> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > Apria

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello everyone

> > Just a note about Apria. You know how much trouble some of us have

had

> with them...especially me and Joyce. Well, something new has happened.

> >

> > Apria states it was a Corporate decision:

> > Apria will no longer provide liquid oxygen to patients. Because of

the

> increased fuel and delivery men wages. It is not profitable for them.

> So, they have made the decision that if you are now on liquid oxygen,

> that they will replace liquid with a new concentrator which will

handle

> high flow. That way it will not have to be refilled etc.

> >

> > Here's my problem with this. Concentrated oxygen was not good enough

> for me. I needed and still need liquid. And, portable oxygen tanks do

> not go high enough or last long enough for anyone to go to the Dr.,

> church, etc. Apria states that if you need this much oxygen, then you

do

> not need to be leaving the house.

> >

> > Well...if they think we will just let them arbitrarily make us

> housebound..well they need to think again. My husband will go to the

> local TV station, write letters and do whatever is necessary. He has

> already called Cigna to complain and he is writing a letter. He will

> also contact an attorney.

> >

> > Apria said a letter will be delivered to us probably tomorrow, and

> will tell us how much time we have to appeal, although they do not

think

> an appeal will do anything. As we were told. THIS IS A CORPORATE

> DECISION!

> >

> > Apria!!!! I get so tired of fighting with them. So very tired.

> >

> >

> >

>

Guest guest

I dont understand any of the medical insurances. it seems it should

be so much more simple I mean if you have a certain condition you

need certain drugs if you have certain types of income you have a

certain amount of funds, right? if you have no income it should be

even much more simple...........Gosh, I cry so much, last month

I cried due to pain, alot of physical pain, they gave me a tornadol

injection, of course that day was the last day my county services

ended, I was pain free within the hour and have been until

last week, now, today I cry out of frustration, my doctor FINALLY

feels I need to see a lung spiecalist, havent yet. County services

dont look at the ailment they seem to address what paper work

you have first. I dont get it. what a mess. I am the same

person they okayed last month, live in the same place, except

my condition has progressed, today I have no medications, none.

I could go to emergency. I have a feeling the people who make up

all the rules for medi-cal, cms , medicare etc. aren't ill. If we the peeps

who have the disabilities were made to make the rules, I think

it could be better.

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: bofus@...Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:46:26 -0700Subject: Re: Re: Medicare

Bruce... you write....Paying more of your costs isn't probably what's in store. Getting poorer service or having fewer options is.

I'm thinking 'poorer service and/or fewer options very well could translate into paying more. If I can't get a provider to 'service' me then I may have to pay...if I can't get what I need because the option is no longer available...I may have to pay. Right???

I'm infuriated that Medicare or providers or whomever may make decisions about we as patients (pt) need or deserve. I still have on my mind re: her possible loss of liquid.

If we have to pick up our Part "B" insurance on our Medicare...we pay.

I know all this is in transition but what do you see as a way to protect ourselves if these things go into effect? I guess there is no way...

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Apria>>>> Hello everyone> Just a note about Apria. You know how much trouble some of us have hadwith them...especially me and Joyce. Well, something new has happened.>> Apria states it was a Corporate decision:> Apria will no longer provide liquid oxygen to patients. Because of theincreased fuel and delivery men wages. It is not profitable for them.So, they have made the decision that if you are now on liquid oxygen,that they will replace liquid with a new concentrator which will handlehigh flow. That way it will not have to be refilled etc.>> Here's my problem with this. Concentrated oxygen was not good enoughfor me. I needed and still need liquid. And, portable oxygen tanks donot go high enough or last long enough for anyone to go to the Dr.,church, etc. Apria states that if you need this much oxygen, then you donot need to be leaving the house.>> Well...if they think we will just let them arbitrarily make ushousebound..well they need to think again. My husband will go to thelocal TV station, write letters and do whatever is necessary. He hasalready called Cigna to complain and he is writing a letter. He willalso contact an attorney.>> Apria said a letter will be delivered to us probably tomorrow, andwill tell us how much time we have to appeal, although they do not thinkan appeal will do anything. As we were told. THIS IS A CORPORATEDECISION!>> Apria!!!! I get so tired of fighting with them. So very tired.>> >

Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More

Guest guest

... I am so sorry you are hurting. Pain is one thing I well understand. Without meds I don't know what I would do and I'm angry that you keep walking into walls. I feel so much for you in your circumstances. I don't even have any advice, only to let you know I read your posts and want something better for you.

Go on the home page and look around at the files, maybe there will be something there that sounds good to try. Beth was writing something about a web site that helps with medication...I deleted it, sorry but she will know or maybe someone else will.

Have you tried every agency you can think of to be of help to you? Can your county services be reinstated? Why would they be discontinued for a person who is ill?

Who would pay the bill if you DID go to the ER? If it's necessary for relief can you do that?

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Apria>>>> Hello everyone> Just a note about Apria. You know how much trouble some of us have hadwith them...especially me and Joyce. Well, something new has happened.>> Apria states it was a Corporate decision:> Apria will no longer provide liquid oxygen to patients. Because of theincreased fuel and delivery men wages. It is not profitable for them.So, they have made the decision that if you are now on liquid oxygen,that they will replace liquid with a new concentrator which will handlehigh flow. That way it will not have to be refilled etc.>> Here's my problem with this. Concentrated oxygen was not good enoughfor me. I needed and still need liquid. And, portable oxygen tanks donot go high enough or last long enough for anyone to go to the Dr.,church, etc. Apria states that if you need this much oxygen, then you donot need to be leaving the house.>> Well...if they think we will just let them arbitrarily make ushousebound..well they need to think again. My husband will go to thelocal TV station, write letters and do whatever is necessary. He hasalready called Cigna to complain and he is writing a letter. He willalso contact an attorney.>> Apria said a letter will be delivered to us probably tomorrow, andwill tell us how much time we have to appeal, although they do not thinkan appeal will do anything. As we were told. THIS IS A CORPORATEDECISION!>> Apria!!!! I get so tired of fighting with them. So very tired.>> >

Earn cashback on your purchases with Live Search - the search that pays you back! Learn More