RemedySpot.com

Just approved for disability

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Everybody,

I just learned that I was approved for SSDI. The process took less than two months. I have felt very emotional, for at 52, my brain hasn't caught up with my diagnosis, and I don't think of myself as being that sick, unable to work, disabled, and all the rest. I don't think I've even begun to think about the "what now" piece. But the truth is, my disability benefit is so small, it will only pay my mortgage, and nothing else. I have contacted caringvoice.com, and spoke to them at length. They were very caring and kind, but admitted that they could offer no help, as I am not taking any trial or experimental medications that would qualify for their reimbursement. I am a single mother with four children, ages 18, 20, 22, and 23. I have two sons who have graduated from college, one of them at home for the summer, deciding on his next direction, the other living and working in Idaho. My daughter will be

a junior in college and my youngest son will be a senior in high school. Can ANYONE offer any help as to how they make it? God is mighty and able, and in Him all things are possible. He is more than able to do above and beyond all that we would dare ask, hope, or think. I am trusting in Him for all things. My fellow sojourners, if you can offer your insight, I would welcome it. Thank you for listening.

(Dx. with IPF 11/07)