RemedySpot.com

Re: Hi everyone I am newly diagonsed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I am late in sending my welcome to you. I've been sick and have gotten so far behind with posting. I am even way behind in reading posts.

Yours is one story that no 22 year old should be writing. At 22 I would have been coming apart with such illness to deal with.

Did the doctor say what was causing the pain? In the early days of my disease (before diagnosis), I was having so much rib cage pain. When I breathed in the pain was gripping. I also had to use heavy pain meds to exist. They were treating me for pleuritis.

Do you have family to support you as you struggle through all this? Please know that we are a great group. Not perfect, but great. You don't have to feel alone here. Not only can you gain support and information. You can reciprocate.

Hugs, Joyce Dalton

Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

>> > Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I> would introduce myself.> > My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell> Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through> chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's> almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my> transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my> lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand> my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8> months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and> with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it> was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a> semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to> check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial> lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was> following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last year,> he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down> to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted> for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by> chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment.> Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent> home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches,> they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I dunno> how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail,> there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;>

Guest guest

The pain is from my chest, it mainly radiates to my shoulder blades

and it can travel to my lower back..both sides but more so on the

right then the left. I'm waiting on a phone call back from my doctor

to see if they can up the strength on my pain patches, I'm on 25 mcg

of Fentenyal, it doesn't take all the edge off.

/22/ Ohio ~ Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma Survivor of 2 years 12/2005

~ Autologus Bone Marrow Transplant 09/2006 ~ Pulmonary Fibrosis

caused by chemotherapy 06/2008 ~

> >

> >

> > Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I

thought I

> > would introduce myself.

> >

> > My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell

> > Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through

> > chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006