RemedySpot.com

Steve aka Knip

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Steve,

I see by your posts that you and I have very similar life styles, as I have always been very athletic, never smoked a cigarette in my life and generally tried to stay away from the smoke.

I was dx with ipf 5/07 and had the VATS done 5/1/08 which really confirmed it. I am particularly interested in your case and your transplant evaluation experience! It is hard for me to get a handle on this disease, when guys like you and I tried to do all the right things and --I have a couple brothers that have smoked more MJ and done more drugs than can be smuggled across the border in a year and they are OK---- go figure.

Have you any idea how or what could have caused your condition? What symptoms did you have that made you go to the Dr. initially?

G. UIP/IPF 5/07

Subject: Re: WaitingTo: Breathe-Support Date: Thursday, June 12, 2008, 3:36 PM

Not a problem, Steve… I’m 57 and other than having to lose a couple of pounds, I am fortunate to have no other issues. Ironic thing is that before this I had never had a broke bone, never smoked because I didn’t want anything to ruin my lungs, and was still playing organized soccer up until I moved up to the mountains of NH four years ago. Oh well…

Steve aka…Knip 57 NH IPF 10/07 confirmed via VATS 12/07