RemedySpot.com

Sher-GERD, gastritis and NAC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sher,

My gastroenterologist told me that the NAC could aggravate my GERD and the last time I saw him (this was in NY) when he increased my Nexium to twice a day he told me in no uncertain terms to stop taking the NAC. I've read in other places that NAC can aggravate GERD and other stomach issues. If you're taking it you might want to mention it to your doctor.

Also GERD is stomach acid backing up into your esophogus. Your stomach is made to handle high acid levels, your esophogus is not. When the sphincter (muscle) between your esophogus and stomach weakens and lets acid back up, it wears away the esphogus and causes lots of pain.

Gastritis is any type of inflammation of the lining of the stomach. It can be caused by infection, use of pain relievers, alcohol use. There is a type of gastritis that's autoimmune in nature and there is gastritis that's associated with connective tissue disease.

But all in all, gastritis is a disease of the stomach, while GERD is a disease of the esophogus.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>

Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.

I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.�

I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..�

Love and Prayers, Peggy ��

IPF �2004, �Florida

"Worry looks around,

�Sorry looks back,

��Faith looks up."