Guest guest

Jack

What a nice thing to do. You may just save a life. Certainly may make

some better. Sometimes we just watch and you are doing so much more. I

hope some do take you up on it.

>

> If there is one thing that has been impresed upon me from reading so

many posts it is the importance of having an 02meter and the frequent

monitoring of your SATS (do I have the right acronym here?)

> So I was really taken aback recently to learn that at least two and

possibly three of our members did not have 02 meters. They do now.

> I believe that all of us with this terrible disease should have an 02

meter. If there are any members of this group who do not have an 02

meter nor the means of getting one, please send me privately your name

and address to jckmarshall@... and I will see that you get one as soon

as it can be shipped. There is no cost to you, only that you do a good

deed for someone else, even it's just a smile.

> Jack

> 79/UIP - IPF-06/05 - Maine

>

Guest guest

Jack,

That's a kind and generous offer. Thanks on behalf of the entire group!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

02 meters

If there is one thing that has been impresed upon me from reading so many posts it is the importance of having an 02meter and the frequent monitoring of your SATS (do I have the right acronym here?)

So I was really taken aback recently to learn that at least two and possibly three of our members did not have 02 meters. They do now.

I believe that all of us with this terrible disease should have an 02 meter. If there are any members of this group who do not have an 02 meter nor the means of getting one, please send me privately your name and address to jckmarshall@ verizon.net and I will see that you get one as soon as it can be shipped. There is no cost to you, only that you do a good deed for someone else, even it's just a smile.

Jack

79/UIP - IPF-06/05 - Maine

Guest guest

Oooo, wish list! I don't have a Harley!

Love Ze xx> >> > If there is one thing that has been impresed upon me from reading > so many posts it is the importance of having an 02meter and the > frequent monitoring of your SATS (do I have the right acronym here?)> > So I was really taken aback recently to learn that at least two and > possibly three of our members did not have 02 meters. They do now.> > I believe that all of us with this terrible disease should have an > 02 meter. If there are any members of this group who do not have an > 02 meter nor the means of getting one, please send me privately your > name and address to jckmarshall@ and I will see that you get one > as soon as it can be shipped. There is no cost to you, only that you > do a good deed for someone else, even it's just a smile.> > Jack> > 79/UIP - IPF-06/05 - Maine > >>

Guest guest

What an awesome gesture. I know their are a few who need them.

IPF 2/07 Raynauds Sjogrens Scleroderma 4/08

>

> If there is one thing that has been impresed upon me from reading

so many posts it is the importance of having an 02meter and the

frequent monitoring of your SATS (do I have the right acronym here?)

> So I was really taken aback recently to learn that at least two and

possibly three of our members did not have 02 meters.  They do now.

> I believe that all of us with this terrible disease should have an

02 meter.  If there are any members of this group who do not have an

02 meter nor the means of getting one, please send me privately your

name and address to jckmarshall@... and I will see that you get one

as soon as it can be shipped.  There is no cost to you, only that you

do a good deed for someone else, even it's just a smile.

> Jack

> 79/UIP - IPF-06/05 - Maine 

>

Guest guest

Dear Jack,

I do not need a meter ( I bought one right after my biopsy) but I am so moved by your very generous offer. May God bless you for your kind heart-

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

02 meters

If there is one thing that has been impresed upon me from reading so many posts it is the importance of having an 02meter and the frequent monitoring of your SATS (do I have the right acronym here?)

So I was really taken aback recently to learn that at least two and possibly three of our members did not have 02 meters. They do now.

I believe that all of us with this terrible disease should have an 02 meter. If there are any members of this group who do not have an 02 meter nor the means of getting one, please send me privately your name and address to jckmarshall@ verizon.net and I will see that you get one as soon as it can be shipped. There is no cost to you, only that you do a good deed for someone else, even it's just a smile.

Jack

Guest guest

Thank for your kind thoughts, but please don't place a halo on my head. I have a dirty little secret that I will share with you: I do this because it makes me feel good. It is a high that I don't think drugs and alcohol could ever achieve (I may err here because I've never used either one). I learned this from my older brother who is also my hero and role model. We are a Great Depression family, although I remember little of it. Most of my memories start with World War II.

I do know that my brother was working at age 10 to help support the family (my parents and seven children). He continued to support the family until all the children were on their own. Even then he was helping them while they were getting established.

During the War, I know that he was helping hundreds of children while stationed in England, and later in Okinawa.

Today, at 86, after three heart attacks, a quintuple by-pass and rheumatoid arthritist of the spine, he still is helping old ladies with their electrical and plumbing problems.

I asked him once why he did this. "It makes me feel good," he said.

With a hero like that, and knowing that it also makes me feel good, I could not but help someone in need.

It doubles the pleasure knowing that it is someone with whom I share this affliction called fibrosis.

Thanks to all of you who have said nice things about this old reprobate. I accept them with pleasure. And I thank you for taking me into the fold and letting be one of you

Jack

79/UIP - IPF -06/05 Maine

02 meters

Jack

Guest guest

Jack... I want to tell you that I totally relate to doing something because it "feels good". The 25 years I did pro-bono work and whatever good I have done on the board is for the same reason. It makes me feel good to do it.

Our age group has those memories back to WWll and/or the Depression.

Your brother is some kind of guy! Lucky you to have such a "hero" to emulate. Do you see him often? Perhaps he is in NC.

Keep on keepin' on...

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

02 meters

Jack

Guest guest

Yes, Sher, I see him yearly on my annual trip to Texas.

Jack

02 meters

Jack

Guest guest

Well Jack,

No wonder you are an amazing man -you come from an amazing family. Where are you in the lineup of 7 children?

02 meters

Jack

Guest guest

Well Jack,

No wonder you are an amazing man -you come from an amazing family. Where are you in the lineup of 7 children?

02 meters

Jack

Guest guest

Smack in the middle, . For some time I was the baby of the family with three older siblings. Then one day they were gone and I was the oldest with three younger siblings. It was like having two different families. It was kind of nice to be able to lord it over three little kids. But somehow, they still think I'm the king. At least to my face. Life is easier when you create a fantasy world for yourself.

Jack

79/UIP - IPF 06/05 Maine

02 meters

Jack