RemedySpot.com

Re: Wayne

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jack,

I'm not sure what website you purchased from so my suggestion would be when it comes check the packaging carefully and see if it states that the oxymeter is "FDA approved". If it does not state that and talks instead about being useful for pilots, sports and general use then you know you have one that will not give you an accurate, dependable picture of what your blood oxygen levels are. Here is the link to Portable Nebs website's oxymeter page. The one on the left is the non FDA approved model and the $65 dollar one is the one several people from the group have purchased and are happy with.

http://www.portablenebs.com/tripleoximeter.htm

Hope that helps!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: Re: Wayne

Wayne, I just bought an oximeter from the company mentioned. They are on sale for $47.50 or were two days ago.

Jack

UIP.IPF 06/05 Kennelly <l_kennellyyahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Wayne Do you have an oximeter? You need to monitoring your O2 and the only way to do that yourself is with an oximeter. You can buy one at portablenebs. com. It doesn't cost a whole lot. Very helpful to determine why you are huffing and puffiing.

K

Illinoisv_since1982 <v_since1982@ yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi Wayne, my mom turns 50 later this year. i can understand your irritation about people asking you if you are 'OK' and how you are doing? my mom gets that a lot not only from strangers but also from acquaintances and relatives, and absolutely detests it.do you have a oximeter? it would help to keep a check of your saturation levels. sats going below 90 is strictly not advised by doctors. do keep in touchwarm regards,vrinda >> Dear Vrinda,> > Thank you for the information about that site.> > I wish your mother well. She is somewhat more incapacitated than I am. I > have not yet obtained oxygen, though I suspect I should have done so. I do a >

lot of huffing and puffing. People keep asking me if I am OK and one rather > nasty immigration official asked me not to breathe on her when I came back > from an overseas trip.> > Please keep me updated on her course. How old is she? I am at Columbia > and luckily they seem to accept us old goats (not that your mother is anywhere > near as old as I am).> > Best,> > Wayne Hening> NY/63/IPF 5/06> > Re: Lung Transplant> Posted by: "v_since1982" v_since1982@ ... v_since1982> Mon Jun 2, 2008 1:14 am (PDT)> > Hi Wayne,> > my mom is currently being evaluated for a transplant. a few tests are > pending. she was> diagnosed with IPF in june '04. a series of infections after july '07 made > her condition> worse, and the last couple of months she has been on o2 24/7. we have been

> reading a> lot about the transplant process - pre and post. i found the website > www.2ndwind. lot> particularly resourceful.> > regards,> > vrinda> > > > ************ **> Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with > Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.> (http://food. aol.com/tyler- florence? video=4 & amp;> ?NCID=aolfod0003000 0000002)>

K

Central Il

Hubby ipf- 2006

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

Guest guest

Also be aware that if, as was the case with me, your health

insurance may cover the cost if the oximeter is prescribed by your Dr. In my

case, he just sent the prescription directly to the company that provides my

concentrator and liquid oxygen and they took care of everything…I never

saw a bill!

Steve…aka Knip in NH IPF 12/07

Guest guest