Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sher

Thats great news. For many of us thats what we aim for and hope for

that, although we have no say in the progression of the PF, at least we

hope to minimize other problems.

>

> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE!

I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess

is the fibromyalgia I have. " Often deep muscular pain can feel as if

it's in the stomach when in fact it is not. "

> There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So

lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy,

stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal.

So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good

condition for an " old lady " almost 70.

> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...

> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about

the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.

>

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Guest guest

Bruce ...I wish we all could have as good of reports as these. BUT, I still have the pain. On a scale of 1-10 it gets close to a 12!

So the Dr visits are not over with but I've eliminated the Gastro man at least.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: LUCKY SHER

SherThats great news. For many of us thats what we aim for and hope forthat, although we have no say in the progression of the PF, at least wehope to minimize other problems.>> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE!I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guessis the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as ifit's in the stomach when in fact it is not."> There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. Solucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy,stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal.So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in goodcondition for an "old lady" almost 70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything aboutthe IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.>> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.> Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Sher

Yes, and still need them to determine the cause of the pain and how to

treat it. Now you just know one thing it isn't. While that is a relief

it doesn't make the pain feel any better which is the goal.

> >

> > Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE!

> I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess

> is the fibromyalgia I have. " Often deep muscular pain can feel as if

> it's in the stomach when in fact it is not. "

> > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So

> lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy,

> stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal.

> So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good

> condition for an " old lady " almost 70.

> > Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...

> > but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything

about

> the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.

> >

> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

>

Guest guest

Sher

> >

about

> >

> > Nasturtiums

> >

>

Guest guest

Sher

> >

about

> >

> > Nasturtiums

> >

>

Guest guest

Mama Sher, what do you mean by "old lady of 70." Seventy isn't old, it's the beginning of your real adulthood. You already know that I am looking at 80 in seven months, and I veiw that as a new beginning and a new phase of my life with all kinds of things to explore and discover, one of which, hopefully, will be wisdom. I have another book or two to write and several plays in different stages of development. I am excited to reach this new plateau. I don't see that much difference in myself today than when I was forty. IPF? That's just another thing I carry along with full knowledge of its potential, thanks to this group of wonderful people, but I refuse to let it govern my life despite what it might do to me physically.

Now Mama, I've read your posts closely, and I am here to tell you that you are not old. At most around 35. Now kick up those heels and let's dance!

Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

LUCKY SHER

Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not."

There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.

Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again. ..

but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Guest guest

Mama Sher, what do you mean by "old lady of 70." Seventy isn't old, it's the beginning of your real adulthood. You already know that I am looking at 80 in seven months, and I veiw that as a new beginning and a new phase of my life with all kinds of things to explore and discover, one of which, hopefully, will be wisdom. I have another book or two to write and several plays in different stages of development. I am excited to reach this new plateau. I don't see that much difference in myself today than when I was forty. IPF? That's just another thing I carry along with full knowledge of its potential, thanks to this group of wonderful people, but I refuse to let it govern my life despite what it might do to me physically.

Now Mama, I've read your posts closely, and I am here to tell you that you are not old. At most around 35. Now kick up those heels and let's dance!

Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

LUCKY SHER

Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not."

There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.

but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.

Guest guest

Sher, Good news about your scan!!! 

Hopefully they can figure

out medications for the pain that won't irritate your already irritated

stomach!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara      

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion”  Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Sher Bauman wrote:

Well, the results are in on the

stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes

the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often

deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it

is not."

There is nothing in my scan to

worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too.

I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and

good labs. All clear and normal.  So, I have ONLY IPF and pain.

(that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady"

almost 70.

Pain meds will need to be

adjusted...again...

but I am very grateful for such

good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can

do something about the ongoing pain.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.  

Nasturtiums

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.10/1551 - Release Date: 7/14/2008 6:49 AM

Guest guest

>Sher ,

I am so happy for you, no ulcers no problems is good news, hope the

pain too reduces.love

Geeta

> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is

FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says

his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. " Often deep muscular pain can

feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not. "

stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and

normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really

am in good condition for an " old lady " almost 70.

> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything

about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing

pain.

>

> Nasturtiums

>

Guest guest

Jack ... OK. Give me a minute to put on my pink gossamer dress with violets at the neck.

When in Feb. is your b'day?

LUCKY SHER

Guest guest

Bruce ... as I said yesterday, the pain is better and for some hours there can be none. Strange. The pain is always in the same place, never varies. I find that strange too.

SherYes, and still need them to determine the cause of the pain and how totreat it. Now you just know one thing it isn't. While that is a reliefit doesn't make the pain feel any better which is the goal.> >> > Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE!> I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess> is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if> it's in the stomach when in fact it is not."> > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So> lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy,> stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal.> So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good> condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> > Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> > but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anythingabout> the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> >> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.> > Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Z. ... I'm trying to figure out, if there is nothing wrong in my stomach per the scan, then why the pain.

He thinks the fibromyalgia I have but the pain is always in the same place.

Time will tell. I hope!

Sher, Good news about your scan!!! Hopefully they can figure out medications for the pain that won't irritate your already irritated stomach!

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Sher Bauman wrote:

Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.10/1551 - Release Date: 7/14/2008 6:49 AM

Guest guest

Thanks Geeta...sure do appreciate your post and those from others keeping in contact.

Hope today is good for you!

>Sher ,I am so happy for you, no ulcers no problems is good news, hope the pain too reduces.loveGeeta> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

The 28th. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

LUCKY SHER

Guest guest

That's great news Sher..did you ask him about NAC?

Cheers,

GIO>> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

... no I did not ask about the NAC. Just told him I had stopped taking it. As the Gastro Dr he may not even know what it is. I'll ask my pulmo when I see him next, in 6 months.

That's great news Sher..did you ask him about NAC?

Cheers,

GIO>> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Sher, I am glad your test results are clear.

That is a lot to be thankful for,

sure hope your pain will go away soon.

Ruth

>

> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE!

I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess

is the fibromyalgia I have. " Often deep muscular pain can feel as if

it's in the stomach when in fact it is not. "

stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal.

So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good

condition for an " old lady " almost 70.

> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about

the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.

>

> Nasturtiums

>

Guest guest

Thanks Ruth ... I'm sure you've read my other posts here on the board so I won't repeat everything again. I'm grateful the scan was clear and will pursue the pain problem.

I called my Gastro. again late yesterday and by golly was able to talk to him. I needed him to go over it again...if there is "nothing" then why am I hurting??? Always in the same place. He repeated to me what he previously said. "Deep muscular pain can feel like it's in the stomach but it's not". I've had thorough workups and nothing points to "pain" that can be "fixed." Only controlled.

I do have the gastritis which is painful and the meds help some with that. That is definitely much better.

Dr says there is nothing left "to hurt" but the skeletal-muscular system. So back to square one I guess with the severe arthritis/fibromyalgia. One is joint the other muscle, tendon and ligament.

There. That's enough of all that.

How are you doing? How is your husband?

Sher, I am glad your test results are clear. That is a lot to be thankful for,sure hope your pain will go away soon.Ruth>> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Hi Sher,

I'm glad to hear your tests are clear. I do hope your pain goes away soon! It just been

hectic over here the past 3 weeks....every 3-4 days been seeing a plastic surgeon for

follow-ups...was on IV antibiotics ANCEF 3000mg once a day, at home for 7 days.

Tendons and joints were infected.

Last week, I was cleared for not having to have surgery on the finger and palm, to drain

out the infection. They have no idea what caused it and we may never find out.

My dr's recommendation don't use the finger or hand to do things and stay off of it.

Easy for him lol! they've been really nice to me...!

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

Sher, I am glad your test results are clear. That is a lot to be thankful for,sure hope your pain will go away soon.Ruth>> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost

70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again. ..> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

Guest guest

Irene ... I know you've been having a tough time but I had to chuckle when you said Dr tell you to stay "off" your/finger and hand. lol. Did your arms grow longer and you step on your fingers?? lol

It's good to hear you have been treated well.

Keep on keepin' on.

Sher, I am glad your test results are clear. That is a lot to be thankful for,sure hope your pain will go away soon.Ruth>> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again. ..> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

lol! thanks Sher

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

Sher, I am glad your test results are clear. That is a lot to be thankful for,sure hope your pain will go away soon.Ruth>> Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost

70.> Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again. ..> but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

Thing is Sher..if it is fibromyalgia causing the pain should you consider re-starting the NAC.? After all it does seem to have considerable potential benefits for PF...the Pulmos recognise it as worthy of testing!

GIO> >> > Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> > Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> > but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > > > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > > Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >>

Guest guest

... Oh my no. I will not take NAC again. I'm convinced it contributed and/or caused the stomach pain. I think you missed some of the posts about NAC...but one day I just couldn't swallow any more pills and did not take the 3 NAC that day. I noticed almost immediate pain decrease. Did not take them again the 2nd day and pain was less. My pulmo suggested it for me as well but the difference is glaring off of it.

The pain is now better. But when I get a stomach flare, nothing helps. Nothing. I just lay down and wait it out.

Thing is Sher..if it is fibromyalgia causing the pain should you consider re-starting the NAC.? After all it does seem to have considerable potential benefits for PF...the Pulmos recognise it as worthy of testing!

GIO> >> > Well, the results are in on the stomach scan and everything is FINE! I'm so lucky. However, what causes the ongoing pain? Dr says his guess is the fibromyalgia I have. "Often deep muscular pain can feel as if it's in the stomach when in fact it is not." > > There is nothing in my scan to worry about. No ulcers, nothing. So lucky me. I have been lucky too. I've had colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach scan, full cardio workup and good labs. All clear and normal. So, I have ONLY IPF and pain. (that's all, lol). I really am in good condition for an "old lady" almost 70.> > Pain meds will need to be adjusted...again...> > but I am very grateful for such good reports. Can't do anything about the IPF but hopefully I can do something about the ongoing pain.> > > > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. > > Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >>

Guest guest

.... forgot to add, there is no evidence that NAC is beneficial for fibromyalgia....