RemedySpot.com

Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I' sorry you're in so much pain, Mama Sher. I used to think I could walk on water, but when it came time to prove it, they had made the water. . . well, water that you can't walk on. And so I lost my healing powers, but at least I am thinking of you and hoping all will go well and get you into a painless state, but still living. That presence you will feel next to you as you go through this will be me. Just hold my hand. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Sher needs to talk >>>>

Hi my air family... I need to talk, vent, cry, take your pick.

I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired that I'm nearly down in bed.

Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent years. This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx by Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember I already have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months prior to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with not much relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this morning...WAS.

Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a creatinine test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dye used, before the scan and "we have to have the results prior to the scan so go now if you can and have the labs"...."Go" means traveling to the hospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to a closer hospital (about 10 miles)...."ok" .

She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan, one after, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said, I called to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.

Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax there either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax at the pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was agitated to say the least.

I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical care and the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went through (her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more unhappy if we had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they could have called the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much pain until I knew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be gone for the day...blah blah blah.

I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this all done this late in the day. She didn't like to have to "re-do" and I didn't care.

Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and taking everything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain pills at once. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.

It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done and pick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.

My stomach is fairly quiet right now. hanks for reading.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Guest guest

Thank you Jack. "Just hold my hand" brought tears to my eyes.

Strange how today now, the pain is not as bad. Just like going to a dentist and when you get there the toothache is gone.

I won't know results from scan until Mon or Tues...I'll post when I know.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher needs to talk >>>>

I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired that I'm nearly down in bed.

Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent years. This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx by Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember I already have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months prior to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with not much relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this morning...WAS.

Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a creatinine test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dye used, before the scan and "we have to have the results prior to the scan so go now if you can and have the labs"...."Go" means traveling to the hospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to a closer hospital (about 10 miles)...."ok" .

She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan, one after, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said, I called to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.

Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax there either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax at the pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was agitated to say the least.

I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical care and the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went through (her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more unhappy if we had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they could have called the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much pain until I knew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be gone for the day...blah blah blah.

I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this all done this late in the day. She didn't like to have to "re-do" and I didn't care.

Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and taking everything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain pills at once. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.

It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done and pick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Guest guest

Hi Sher: I sure do have my prayers going strong this evening in your

direction. They are really meant to do a lot of good. I so wish I

could take your pain away Sher, I so wish it. I am so sorry you have

to endure all of this. It is such a heartache not to be able to

reach out and touch you, but as Jack said, hold his hand. That is

beautiful. So beautiful.

I love you this day.

Heaven is in the next room

Lou (74) Richmond VA

IPF '02

>

> Hi my air family... I need to talk, vent, cry, take your pick.

> I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and

tired that I'm nearly down in bed.

>

> Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent

years. This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx by

Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember

I already have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months

prior to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with

not much relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this

morning...WAS.

>

> Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a

creatinine test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the

contrast dye used, before the scan and " we have to have the results

prior to the scan so go now if you can and have the labs " .... " Go "

means traveling to the hospital where Dr has privileges about 30

miles away. I asked to go to a closer hospital (about 10

miles).... " ok " .

> She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan,

one after, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said,

I called to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.

> Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax there

either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax

at the pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was

agitated to say the least.

> I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical

care and the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went

through (her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more

unhappy if we had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they

could have called the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much

pain until I knew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be

gone for the day...blah blah blah.

> I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this all

done this late in the day. She didn't like to have to " re-do " and I

didn't care.

> Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and

taking everything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain

pills at once. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.

> It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done and

pick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.

>

> My stomach is fairly quiet right now. hanks for reading.

>

>

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

Guest guest

Sher,I'm so sorry that you are in so mych

distress. My Mom had gastritis on the week-end of the baby's

party and ended up in the hospital instead of the party because she's

88 and lives alone and the doctor wasn't taking any chances with her.

She went through all the tests and just had gastritis!!! JUST..she had

a great deal of pain and after several days it subsided.

They gave her strong pain meds  and told her to stay on a bland diet

for a few days. After three days in the hospital

she went home and was fine enough to go get her hair done the very next

day!

Z fibriotic NSIP/05

Z 64,

fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild”

PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not

self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter,

reader,carousel lover and MomMom to

Darah

and Sara      

“I’m gonna

be iron like a lion in Zion”  Bob Marley

Vinca

Minor-periwinkle is my flower

Sher Bauman wrote:

Hi my air family...   I need to

talk, vent, cry, take your pick.

I'm feeling so sick and I'm so

sick and tired of being sick and tired that I'm nearly down in bed.

Yesterday was one of the hardest

days I can remember in recent years.  This gastritis I have is so damn

painful and the meds Rx by Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've

had this pain (remember I already have existing chronic pain every day

) for about 3 months prior to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over

a month now with not much relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for

this morning...WAS.

Long story short...Drs nurse

called me to tell me I need a creatinine test (appraise if kidneys are

working properly) for the contrast dye used, before the scan and "we

have to have the results prior to the scan so go now if you can and

have the labs"...."Go" means traveling to the hospital where Dr has

privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to a closer hospital

(about 10 miles)...."ok".

She will also call in a Rx for 2

pills to take, one before scan, one after, because I am allergic to the

contrast dye. All that said, I called to be sure fax had been sent

before I started out.

Of course you know it hadn't and

so I called hospital, no fax there either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called

Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax at the pharmacy and again after no

fax at the hospital. I was agitated to say the least. 

I told her I did not like running

interference for my own medical care and the responsibility was on her

to be sure these faxes went through (her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I

also told her I would be more unhappy if we had driven to hospital and

no fax was there. Yes, they could have called the Dr. but I wasn't

leaving my house in so much pain until I knew fax was in place...the

waiting, someone sure to be gone for the day...blah blah blah.

I insisted she change the date

for scan--no way I can get this all done this late in the day. She

didn't like to have to "re-do" and I didn't care.

Through all this, what made the

day so bad, is I'm in pain and taking everything I can...more stomach

meds, and even took 2 pain pills at once. I was taking Tylenol as well.

Not much relief.

It was a very bad day.  This

morning we're off to get labs done and pick up the pills. Friday will

be the scan.

My stomach is fairly quiet right

now. hanks for reading.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

Nasturtiums

Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com

Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.7/1542 - Release Date: 7/9/2008 6:50 AM

Guest guest

Z. I'm glad to know your mom is ok and at her age I'm sure the hospital was the best place for her. Yeah, when the pain is gone, it's gone and no residue...right out to get hair done. I'll just say I'm glad I just had a haircut...I don't want to go anyplace!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher,I'm so sorry that you are in so mych distress. My Mom had gastritis on the week-end of the baby'sparty and ended up in the hospital instead of the party because she's 88 and lives alone and the doctor wasn't taking any chances with her.She went through all the tests and just had gastritis!!! JUST..she had a great deal of pain and after several days it subsided.They gave her strong pain meds and told her to stay on a bland diet for a few days. After three days in the hospitalshe went home and was fine enough to go get her hair done the very next day!

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->Sher Bauman wrote:

Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a creatinine test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dye used, before the scan and "we have to have the results prior to the scan so go now if you can and have the labs"...."Go" means traveling to the hospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to a closer hospital (about 10 miles)...."ok".

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!No virus found in this incoming message.

Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com Version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.4.7/1542 - Release Date: 7/9/2008 6:50 AM

Guest guest

MY sweet MamaSher,

It breaks my heart to see you suffer, you are always so busy uplifting someone else. Just know I will keep you in my prayers and I love you.......

Vicky81856Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

Guest guest

Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope you are hummin' a pretty tune soon. I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..  Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Peggy, NAC just might be the problem...

That's easy to correct.

Thanks for your reply.

I take Prilosec too. My Dr said today to take it every AM.. she knows me.

About two years ago I was on NAC 3 a day and I started diarrhea and cramping something terrible.

THREE weeks later I finally got into a Gassy Dr.... He was a jerk and I walked out of there. He didn't say one word about the cramps. �Anyhow bottom line is NAC was my problem. Horrible. I have tried it again at 1 a day and still have the problem. Funny thing is I talked to my Dr about it today and she said not to take it again. So that just might be your problem.�

Love and Prayers, Peggy ��

IPF �2004, �Florida

"Worry looks around,

�Sorry looks back,

��Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Sher

Just got home from giving one friend a birthday treat and visiting

another in hospital. Now to my friend here, you....

Gastro problems are not only serious but extremely painful and

dehabilitating. To this point of life I've certainly had more days of

misery from those than PF.

As to the belly scan, not sure why they didn't already have creatinine

numbers on you or anticipate. Obviously if its high, then contrast isn't

a good idea as kidneys can fail. I cannot have contrast and while some

will say how much its needed most of my doctors have said they can get

what they want without it. Especially since you already know you're

allergic to the iodine. Also, have they done sonogram? That could show a

lot. Reason to do scan on top of endoscopy is to see if anything

external to the stomach or other organs as endoscopy does cover internal

only. One last thing, we talk about switching pulmonologists if not

getting what we need, same applies to gastroenterologists.

By the way, what medications were you given by the gastroenterologists

and what did he say they were for?

Well, I felt as angry as you when typing this. I know the pain you're

experiencing and every day is one too many. Hopefully more comes out of

Friday.

>

> I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tired

that I'm nearly down in bed.

>

> Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent years.

This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx by

Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember I

already have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months prior

to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with not much

relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this morning...WAS.

>

> Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a creatinine

test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dye

used, before the scan and " we have to have the results prior to the scan

so go now if you can and have the labs " .... " Go " means traveling to the

hospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to a

closer hospital (about 10 miles).... " ok " .

> She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan, one

after, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said, I

called to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.

either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax at

the pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was agitated to

say the least.

> I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical care

and the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went through

(her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more unhappy if

we had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they could have

called the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much pain until I

knew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be gone for the

day...blah blah blah.

didn't care.

> Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and taking

everything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain pills at

once. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Oh how tragic for Steve and Vicky. Just heart breaking. I will be praying for them too. No more NAC for me.  to much belly pain and toooo much time in the LOO.. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Peggy

If you have GERD, the odds that you should ever be off meds for it are

extremely slim. Do not think because you're not feeling symptoms it is

gone. When I thought I was better and stopped meds a couple of years

ago, I was in fact worse. I am on 80 mg Nexium and will always be.

>

> Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the

> pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I

> am sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do

> understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three

> weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.

>

> I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do

> you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and

> hope you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.

> I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..

>

>

> 

>

>

>

> Love and Prayers, Peggy

> IPF 2004, Florida

>

> " Worry looks around,

> Sorry looks back,

> Faith looks up. "

>

Guest guest

Bruce...no doubt about it, at least currently, I have the least problems with IPF. I can fix what problems I have with O2.

Dr Rx Carafate, Prilosec and Dicyclomine.

Oh, I like my Gastro just fine. I've been going to him for a long time and he treated me for gastritis a year or so ago. He was surprised too that it's still evident and worse. My fault, not his, that I just didn't go see him. After awhile, I just plain don't want to see another Dr with another problem. Pain drove me in this last time.

No sonogram.

There is hardly a part of me left unturned. Colonoscopy, endoscopy, Echo, heart cath, Cscans and x-rays. If I forgot anything I probably had it! This is beginning to get silly.

SherJust got home from giving one friend a birthday treat and visitinganother in hospital. Now to my friend here, you....Gastro problems are not only serious but extremely painful anddehabilitating. To this point of life I've certainly had more days ofmisery from those than PF.As to the belly scan, not sure why they didn't already have creatininenumbers on you or anticipate. Obviously if its high, then contrast isn'ta good idea as kidneys can fail. I cannot have contrast and while somewill say how much its needed most of my doctors have said they can getwhat they want without it. Especially since you already know you'reallergic to the iodine. Also, have they done sonogram? That could show alot. Reason to do scan on top of endoscopy is to see if anythingexternal to the stomach or other organs as endoscopy does cover internalonly. One last thing, we talk about switching pulmonologists if notgetting what we need, same applies to gastroenterologists.By the way, what medications were you given by the gastroenterologistsand what did he say they were for?Well, I felt as angry as you when typing this. I know the pain you'reexperiencing and every day is one too many. Hopefully more comes out ofFriday.>> Hi my air family... I need to talk, vent, cry, take your pick.> I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tiredthat I'm nearly down in bed.>> Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent years.This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx byGastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember Ialready have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months priorto endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with not muchrelief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this morning...WAS.>> Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a creatininetest (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dyeused, before the scan and "we have to have the results prior to the scanso go now if you can and have the labs"...."Go" means traveling to thehospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to acloser hospital (about 10 miles)...."ok".> She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan, oneafter, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said, Icalled to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.> Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax thereeither. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax atthe pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was agitated tosay the least.> I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical careand the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went through(her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more unhappy ifwe had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they could havecalled the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much pain until Iknew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be gone for theday...blah blah blah.> I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this alldone this late in the day. She didn't like to have to "re-do" and Ididn't care.> Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and takingeverything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain pills atonce. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.> It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done andpick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.>> My stomach is fairly quiet right now. hanks for reading.>>> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

Guest guest

NAC/Peggy

While most consider NAC to be generally harmless and the benefits may

outway the risks, there are no studies and they only information is

anecdotal. However, your problems point out one very important thing to

remember. There is nothing completely safe as far as putting it in our

systems. We hear words like health food store or organic or all natural

and none of those mean it can't have side effects. Those differ greatly

from person to person. Anytime you start taking something new,

regardless of how safe you believe it to be, always be watching for

changes or side effects. With what many of us are already taking it gets

even more complicated.

One thing I'd suggest too and always talk to your doctor about. That is

only making one medication change, addition or deletion at a time.

Otherwise how do you know what to attribute changes to? I was having med

reactions a few years ago and on several so that doctors had no idea

what was causing what. As much distress as it brought short term to do

so their only answer was to get off everything and then one by one

reintroduce the meds. Well, the third one reintroduced, which was

generally considered one of the mildest, turned out to be the problem.

>

> I take Prilosec too. My Dr said today to take it every AM.. she knows

> me.

> About two years ago I was on NAC 3 a day and I started diarrhea and

> cramping something terrible.

> THREE weeks later I finally got into a Gassy Dr.... He was a jerk and

> I walked out of there. He didn't say one word about the cramps.

> Anyhow bottom line is NAC was my problem. Horrible. I have tried it

> again at 1 a day and still have the problem. Funny thing is I talked

> to my Dr about it today and she said not to take it again. So that

> just might be your problem.

>

>

> 

>

>

>

> IPF 2004, Florida

>

> " Worry looks around,

> Sorry looks back,

> Faith looks up. "

>

Guest guest

Bruce...This is what happened to me too. Thought I was better and stopped meds. One Dr took me off Prilosec and put me on Previcid which, looking back, is what started the slide again I think.

Dr Rx a few prednisone pills before the scan, along with other pills to counter my allergy to contrast dye.

PeggyIf you have GERD, the odds that you should ever be off meds for it areextremely slim. Do not think because you're not feeling symptoms it isgone. When I thought I was better and stopped meds a couple of yearsago, I was in fact worse. I am on 80 mg Nexium and will always be.>> Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the> pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I> am sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do> understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three> weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.>> I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do> you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and> hope you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.> I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..>>> >>>> Love and Prayers, Peggy> IPF 2004, Florida>> "Worry looks around,> Sorry looks back,> Faith looks up.">

Guest guest

Oh so true Bruce. I can't take hardly anything from health food stores. Natural does not mean safe.My daughter thinks if it says natural it can't hurt you.. she now knows better.I am very careful with what I take. I am allergic to NSAID's. I took a anti-inflammatory and wound up in a life threatening situation. Thanks for caring.. ;)When is your next trip?? Disney World is a steam pot until Oct or Nov. but come on anytime your ready. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Sher

Carafate should coat and protect linings of stomach although might take

a bit longer than you've been on it. Prilosec works for many but some

need a different inhibitor. Thats a reason that although the insurers

hate paying for Nexium they still agree to if you've tried others.

Also, to everyone, ultimately the only way to monitor acid reflux and

its damage, or inflammation of your stomach, or erosion of esophagus is

with upper endoscopy. Therefore, especially with those of us with PF and

esophagus and stomach history, they need repeating more frequently than

doctors may be accustomed. Actually, my pulmonologist is the one stating

that I need to have my gastroenterologist repeat mine to see how well

the meds are working. In fact, I need to call about that in the next

couple of days-thanks for reminding me. Oh well, I've had five upper

endoscopies so lets go for number six.

> >

> > Hi my air family... I need to talk, vent, cry, take your pick.

> > I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and

tired

> that I'm nearly down in bed.

> >

> > Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent

years.

> This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx by

> Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember I

> already have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months

prior

> to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with not much

> relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this morning...WAS.

> >

> > Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a

creatinine

> test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dye

> used, before the scan and " we have to have the results prior to the

scan

> so go now if you can and have the labs " .... " Go " means traveling to the

> hospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to

a

> closer hospital (about 10 miles).... " ok " .

> > She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan, one

> after, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said, I

> called to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.

> > Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax there

> either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax

at

> the pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was agitated to

> say the least.

> > I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical

care

> and the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went through

> (her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more unhappy

if

> we had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they could have

> called the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much pain until I

> knew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be gone for the

> day...blah blah blah.

> > I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this all

> done this late in the day. She didn't like to have to " re-do " and I

> didn't care.

> > Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and

taking

> everything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain pills at

> once. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.

> > It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done and

> pick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.

> >

> > My stomach is fairly quiet right now. hanks for reading.

> >

> >

> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

>

Guest guest

Peggy

Have no idea on trips. I need to at least plan some short ones soon.

Disneyworld a bit up in the air as and I were planning to do

together but she's got some medical issues of her own and probable

surgery coming up. She's got to have her third hernia surgery and hard

to know when to schedule it. She no longer has enough summer left for

full recovery and doesn't know if she'll be able to wait until holidays

or not. Either way it may prevent her from being able to escape in

October to Disneyworld. So lots up in the air at the moment.

>

> Oh so true Bruce. I can't take hardly anything from health food

> stores. Natural does not mean safe.

> My daughter thinks if it says natural it can't hurt you.. she now

> knows better.

> I am very careful with what I take. I am allergic to NSAID's. I took

> a anti-inflammatory and wound up

> in a life threatening situation.

> Thanks for caring.. ;)

> When is your next trip?? Disney World is a steam pot until Oct or

> Nov. but come on anytime your ready.

>

>

> 

>

>

>

> IPF 2004, Florida

>

> " Worry looks around,

> Sorry looks back,

> Faith looks up. "

>

Guest guest

Oh Sher! oh my gosh, I know the frustration, you would think in this day of computers and

instant data that the different fachets of our medical needs would make it so

that what is important "that would us the patients" could just get what could make our

lives at the least livable.

You have been there and heard my pain, tears, rants and raves. I pray you comfort.

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: brucemoreland@...Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 02:18:08 +0000Subject: Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>

SherJust got home from giving one friend a birthday treat and visitinganother in hospital. Now to my friend here, you....Gastro problems are not only serious but extremely painful anddehabilitating. To this point of life I've certainly had more days ofmisery from those than PF.As to the belly scan, not sure why they didn't already have creatininenumbers on you or anticipate. Obviously if its high, then contrast isn'ta good idea as kidneys can fail. I cannot have contrast and while somewill say how much its needed most of my doctors have said they can getwhat they want without it. Especially since you already know you'reallergic to the iodine. Also, have they done sonogram? That could show alot. Reason to do scan on top of endoscopy is to see if anythingexternal to the stomach or other organs as endoscopy does cover internalonly. One last thing, we talk about switching pulmonologists if notgetting what we need, same applies to gastroenterologists.By the way, what medications were you given by the gastroenterologistsand what did he say they were for?Well, I felt as angry as you when typing this. I know the pain you'reexperiencing and every day is one too many. Hopefully more comes out ofFriday.>> Hi my air family... I need to talk, vent, cry, take your pick.> I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tiredthat I'm nearly down in bed.>> Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent years.This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx byGastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember Ialready have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months priorto endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with not muchrelief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this morning...WAS.>> Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a creatininetest (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dyeused, before the scan and "we have to have the results prior to the scanso go now if you can and have the labs"...."Go" means traveling to thehospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to acloser hospital (about 10 miles)...."ok".> She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan, oneafter, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said, Icalled to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.> Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax thereeither. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax atthe pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was agitated tosay the least.> I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical careand the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went through(her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more unhappy ifwe had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they could havecalled the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much pain until Iknew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be gone for theday...blah blah blah.> I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this alldone this late in the day. She didn't like to have to "re-do" and Ididn't care.> Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and takingeverything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain pills atonce. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.> It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done andpick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.>> My stomach is fairly quiet right now. hanks for reading.>>> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.

Guest guest

...thanks for your reply. Seems we all get a turn at venting don't we.

Your "presents" are wonderful for you. I'm glad you have them both and it will make you life certainly more comfortable.

SherJust got home from giving one friend a birthday treat and visitinganother in hospital. Now to my friend here, you....Gastro problems are not only serious but extremely painful anddehabilitating. To this point of life I've certainly had more days ofmisery from those than PF.As to the belly scan, not sure why they didn't already have creatininenumbers on you or anticipate. Obviously if its high, then contrast isn'ta good idea as kidneys can fail. I cannot have contrast and while somewill say how much its needed most of my doctors have said they can getwhat they want without it. Especially since you already know you'reallergic to the iodine. Also, have they done sonogram? That could show alot. Reason to do scan on top of endoscopy is to see if anythingexternal to the stomach or other organs as endoscopy does cover internalonly. One last thing, we talk about switching pulmonologists if notgetting what we need, same applies to gastroenterologists.By the way, what medications were you given by the gastroenterologistsand what did he say they were for?Well, I felt as angry as you when typing this. I know the pain you'reexperiencing and every day is one too many. Hopefully more comes out ofFriday.>> Hi my air family... I need to talk, vent, cry, take your pick.> I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and tiredthat I'm nearly down in bed.>> Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent years.This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx byGastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember Ialready have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months priorto endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with not muchrelief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this morning...WAS.>> Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a creatininetest (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the contrast dyeused, before the scan and "we have to have the results prior to the scanso go now if you can and have the labs"...."Go" means traveling to thehospital where Dr has privileges about 30 miles away. I asked to go to acloser hospital (about 10 miles)...."ok".> She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan, oneafter, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said, Icalled to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.> Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax thereeither. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax atthe pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was agitated tosay the least.> I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical careand the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went through(her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more unhappy ifwe had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they could havecalled the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much pain until Iknew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be gone for theday...blah blah blah.> I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this alldone this late in the day. She didn't like to have to "re-do" and Ididn't care.> Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and takingeverything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain pills atonce. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.> It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done andpick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.>> My stomach is fairly quiet right now. hanks for reading.>>> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Nasturtiums> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!>

The i’m Talkaton. Can 30-days of conversation change the world? Find out now.

Guest guest

Sher, I hope you have been feeling much better today.

I think tomorrow is your big day,I hope you get lots of rest

tonight.And know that we will all be there with you. holding hands

peeking over shoulders , praying and any thing else that will help

you feel better.I wish you well.

Ruth

>

> I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick and

tired that I'm nearly down in bed.

>

> Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent

years. This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx by

Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain (remember

I already have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3 months

prior to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now with

not much relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this

morning...WAS.

>

> Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a

creatinine test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for the

contrast dye used, before the scan and " we have to have the results

prior to the scan so go now if you can and have the labs " .... " Go "

means traveling to the hospital where Dr has privileges about 30

miles away. I asked to go to a closer hospital (about 10

miles).... " ok " .

> She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before scan,

one after, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that said,

I called to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.

either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no fax

at the pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was

agitated to say the least.

> I told her I did not like running interference for my own medical

care and the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes went

through (her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be more

unhappy if we had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes, they

could have called the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so much

pain until I knew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure to be

gone for the day...blah blah blah.

didn't care.

> Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and

taking everything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2 pain

pills at once. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

-Sher,

All the best for your scan, evrything will be fine, I send my

prayers and my love

Geeta

-- In Breathe-Support , " Sher Bauman "

wrote:

>

> Thanks Ruth.... I'll be up about 5:30 AM to take meds prior to

scan, drinking lots of liquids and taking pills to counteract my

allergy to the contrast dye. Ho Hum.

>

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums

>

> Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>

>

>

> Sher, I hope you have been feeling much better today.

> I think tomorrow is your big day,I hope you get lots of rest

> tonight.And know that we will all be there with you. holding

hands

> peeking over shoulders , praying and any thing else that will

help

> you feel better.I wish you well.

> Ruth

>

>

> >

> > Hi my air family... I need to talk, vent, cry, take your pick.

> > I'm feeling so sick and I'm so sick and tired of being sick

and

> tired that I'm nearly down in bed.

> >

> > Yesterday was one of the hardest days I can remember in recent

> years. This gastritis I have is so damn painful and the meds Rx

by

> Gastroenterologist aren't helping much. I've had this pain

(remember

> I already have existing chronic pain every day ) for about 3

months

> prior to endoscopy/Rx for meds and it's been over a month now

with

> not much relief. Scan of my belly was scheduled for this

> morning...WAS.

> >

> > Long story short...Drs nurse called me to tell me I need a

> creatinine test (appraise if kidneys are working properly) for

the

> contrast dye used, before the scan and " we have to have the

results

> prior to the scan so go now if you can and have the

labs " .... " Go "

> means traveling to the hospital where Dr has privileges about 30

> miles away. I asked to go to a closer hospital (about 10

> miles).... " ok " .

> > She will also call in a Rx for 2 pills to take, one before

scan,

> one after, because I am allergic to the contrast dye. All that

said,

> I called to be sure fax had been sent before I started out.

> > Of course you know it hadn't and so I called hospital, no fax

there

> either. Now it's 4 P.M. I called Ellie (the nurse) once after no

fax

> at the pharmacy and again after no fax at the hospital. I was

> agitated to say the least.

> > I told her I did not like running interference for my own

medical

> care and the responsibility was on her to be sure these faxes

went

> through (her excuse)! Blah blah blah. I also told her I would be

more

> unhappy if we had driven to hospital and no fax was there. Yes,

they

> could have called the Dr. but I wasn't leaving my house in so

much

> pain until I knew fax was in place...the waiting, someone sure

to be

> gone for the day...blah blah blah.

> > I insisted she change the date for scan--no way I can get this

all

> done this late in the day. She didn't like to have to " re-do "

and I

> didn't care.

> > Through all this, what made the day so bad, is I'm in pain and

> taking everything I can...more stomach meds, and even took 2

pain

> pills at once. I was taking Tylenol as well. Not much relief.

> > It was a very bad day. This morning we're off to get labs done

and

> pick up the pills. Friday will be the scan.

> >

> > My stomach is fairly quiet right now. hanks for reading.

> >

> >

> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

>