RemedySpot.com

Re: Flower Symbology

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, Red is the predominant color that grows wild here. Red is good. I had to google yours too because I'm on MSN Hotmail and it doesn't show the flower in your signature. Add more green leaves and it would be similar.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Flower SymbologyDate: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 03:22:37 -0000

Ta Steve,

Do you have a colour preference??? I just looked it up on Wikpedia & have saved it to my special Air Family File .

GIO

Guest guest

Well now Steve, RED, it is...now I've just put a photo oh my Red Kangaroo Paw in the Photo Album named " in OZ"...I'm surprised you find it so similar to the Rugosa...maybe you can post a pic of that in Your album for me to have a squizzy!

Cheers,

GIO

Guest guest

If i have to choose something living I'm choosing a Palm Tree.....oh so

beautiful and the nice breeze off the ocean....and the.....well, lets

just leave it at that

> >

> > A Stargazer Lily. Smell like Heaven.

> >

> > I like this smiley daisy too. ;)

> >

> > 

> >

> > Love and Prayers, Peggy

> > IPF 2004, Florida

> >

> > " Worry looks around,

> > Sorry looks back,

> > Faith looks up. "

> >

>

Guest guest

Really? Can it be the real weed, the one and only weed? I've heard it is good medicine, too.

Jack, a guy

Flower SymbologyDate: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000

I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!

Vicky & Joyce; Daisies

Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???

Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums

Z: Periwinkle

Zena had one but I forget what

Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!

Who else???????? ??

Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!

Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)

Cheers,

in Oz

Guest guest

oh man I love this flower thing! I have a great one.

With Warm Regards, Ali Klisser"Be who you are, & say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, & those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Suess ~

To: Breathe-Support From: gina.francis@...Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 03:25:48 +0000Subject: Re: Flower Symbology

Now BWBB this is magic CYBERSPACE..you don't hafta have 'em in your PERSONAL space.....just look into you MIND"S eye ...what would be your fave floral emblem there...no physical nasty side-effects I PROMISE!

SGIO>> > Steve> > I'm allergic to flowers so not about to have real flowers. Sorry,> they're beautiful but I'm against sneezing and congestion and sore> throats and more breathing issues. So, silk it shall be. Also, so much> less work. lol> > See, its not that I don't appreciate the beauty of flowers, just can't> be close to them. But, I do have some beautiful silk flowers and can> change them seasonally.>

Use video conversation to talk face-to-face with Windows Live Messenger. Get started.

Guest guest

Thanks Steve..now we just need to get Bruce to let us in one WHICH flowering Palm he most relates to....I'll go Googling for some evidence right after I manage to GET OFF THIS BLINKIN' BOARD.....

I reckon the idea of a flower Album is a beaudie- bottla, then everyone could find their own flower pic & we can all have a geezer!

Cheers,

GIO

Guest guest

Thanks Steve..now we just need to get Bruce to let us in one WHICH flowering Palm he most relates to....I'll go Googling for some evidence right after I manage to GET OFF THIS BLINKIN' BOARD.....

I reckon the idea of a flower Album is a beaudie- bottla, then everyone could find their own flower pic & we can all have a geezer!

Cheers,

GIO

Guest guest

Cheers,

GIO

Guest guest

Having spent my first 17 years picking cotton in 100 degree heat in Texas, I find it hard to relate to any plant that doesn't provide full shade. But I have learned to appreciate the beauty of flowers and they decorate my lawns and the interior of my home. A favorite? I'm hard pressed to choose. It's like being asked which is you favorite child. All of them. I'll ponder this question and try to come up with probably a giggly ansswer.

Jack

Flower Symbology> Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???> Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> Z: Periwinkle> Zena had one but I forget what> Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> Who else???????? ??> Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent

to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> Cheers,> in Oz> >

Guest guest

Having spent my first 17 years picking cotton in 100 degree heat in Texas, I find it hard to relate to any plant that doesn't provide full shade. But I have learned to appreciate the beauty of flowers and they decorate my lawns and the interior of my home. A favorite? I'm hard pressed to choose. It's like being asked which is you favorite child. All of them. I'll ponder this question and try to come up with probably a giggly ansswer.

Jack

Flower Symbology> Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???> Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> Z: Periwinkle> Zena had one but I forget what> Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> Who else???????? ??> Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent

to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> Cheers,> in Oz> >

Guest guest

--

i would like to be associated with the Jasmine

for it lovely fragrance

Geeta-

In Breathe-Support , " " wrote:

>

>

> I agree wholeheartedly, nothun' WRONG with the FLOWER choice

BUT......

> was Jack choosing it BECAUSE of the lovely Flower or the effect of

it's

> dried flower HEAD or LEAF??????? [:-/] [O:)] Watcha say Jack?

>

> SGIO

>

Guest guest

--

i would like to be associated with the Jasmine

for it lovely fragrance

Geeta-

In Breathe-Support , " " wrote:

>

>

> I agree wholeheartedly, nothun' WRONG with the FLOWER choice

BUT......

> was Jack choosing it BECAUSE of the lovely Flower or the effect of

it's

> dried flower HEAD or LEAF??????? [:-/] [O:)] Watcha say Jack?

>

> SGIO

>

Guest guest

I was not choosing, just being a bit of a smart ass. Back in my New York days when I was somewhat younger, I had my one and only encounter with this flower. At a little soire before going to the theater, I was pressed to try the dried leaves, rolled up like a cigarette, and being passed around. In an effort to fit in, I did. Later, at the theater, when the curtain went up and there was a spatter of applause, my hands wouldn't respond. Neither did my feet, my head, nor any part of me. I sat there paralyzed through out the performance. Only at the end, an hour and half later, could I move. So no weed for my bouquet. No cotton flower either.

I'll try to very adult like and think of one.

Jack

I agree wholeheartedly, nothun' WRONG with the FLOWER choice BUT...... was Jack choosing it BECAUSE of the lovely Flower or the effect of it's dried flower HEAD or LEAF??????? Watcha say Jack?

SGIO

Guest guest

Hey Jack....see if Peggy will give you her "stinkweed" :o)

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

I agree wholeheartedly, nothun' WRONG with the FLOWER choice BUT...... was Jack choosing it BECAUSE of the lovely Flower or the effect of it's dried flower HEAD or LEAF??????? Watcha say Jack?

SGIO

Guest guest

Geeta,

What a perfect choice! It reminds me of you-elegant and with a lovely lasting fragrance.

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

-- ,i would like to be associated with the Jasminefor it lovely fragranceGeeta- In Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com, "" <gina.francis@ ...> wrote:>> > I agree wholeheartedly, nothun' WRONG with the FLOWER choice BUT......> was Jack choosing it BECAUSE of the lovely Flower or the effect of it's> dried flower HEAD or LEAF??????? [:-/] [O:)] Watcha say Jack?> > SGIO>

Guest guest

Jack,

I too am having a hard time chosing. I love carnations , gardenias, and jasmine for their fragrance, hyacinths because they are in my favorite poem ( if of all wordly goods thou are bereft, and your cupboards bare save two small loaves, then sell one loaf and with the dole , buy hyacinths to feed your soul) and dafodills for their happy little faces and joyous color. Each day I choose and then change my mind. . .Now if we were picking candy bars I could choose in a moment-Almond Joy, practically packages in two convenient bites, a little nutty and a dramatic contrast of creamy white coconut filling covered with dark chocolate. Oh no-now I am huingry again!

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Guest guest

Now Jack don't blame the pretty little FLOWER for what the LEAF did to you!

SGIO>> I was not choosing, just being a bit of a smart ass. Back in my New York days when I was somewhat younger, I had my one and only encounter with this flower. At a little soire before going to the theater, I was pressed to try the dried leaves, rolled up like a cigarette, and being passed around. In an effort to fit in, I did. Later, at the theater, when the curtain went up and there was a spatter of applause, my hands wouldn't respond. Neither did my feet, my head, nor any part of me. I sat there paralyzed through out the performance. Only at the end, an hour and half later, could I move. So no weed for my bouquet. No cotton flower either. I'll try to very adult like and think of one.> Jack> > > Re: Flower Symbology> > > I agree wholeheartedly, nothun' WRONG with the FLOWER choice BUT...... was Jack choosing it BECAUSE of the lovely Flower or the effect of it's dried flower HEAD or LEAF??????? Watcha say Jack?> SGIO>

Guest guest

Now Jack are you telling us you're a Cheap Drunk as well as as one off Weed Inhaler!

The more (giggling) the merrier!

Look forward to you final selection!

SGIO> >> > Really? Can it be the real weed, the one and only weed? I've heard it is good medicine, too.> > Jack, a guy> > Flower Symbology> > Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > > > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> > Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> > Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???> > Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> > Z: Periwinkle> > Zena had one but I forget what> > Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> > Who else???????? ??> > Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> > Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> > Cheers,> > in Oz> > > >>

Guest guest

You have a jasmine bush in your garden ? what a pleasant surprise!

Thank you.

- In Breathe-Support , " "

wrote:

>

>

> Your WISH is my command Geeta..now I can think of you whenever my

> Jasmine is doin' its number every Spring outside my bedroom window.

>

> Lovely Fragrant Choice!

>

> Cheers,

>

> GIO

>

> > >

> > >

> > > I agree wholeheartedly, nothun' WRONG with the FLOWER choice

> > BUT......

> > > was Jack choosing it BECAUSE of the lovely Flower or the

effect of

> > it's

> > > dried flower HEAD or LEAF??????? [:-/] [O:)] Watcha say Jack?

> > >

> > > SGIO

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Well now, I guess I'll just have to tell you my drunk story. I grew up in a dry county, meaning alcohol (drinking type) could not be sold. So I grew up ignorant of drinking. I was 17 when I went into the USAF, and pretty much a naif in that world. When I got to my first base after boot camp and could go off base, I went into town, Biloxi, MS. Not knowing what to do with myself, I drifted into a bar and sat on a stool, trying to look and act as manly as I could. The bar lady asked what would I have? I didn't know a single name, so I pointed to what the guy next to me had, and said "Gimme one of those." I really liked the looks of his set up: a tall glass of

liquid, and this tiny glass of another liquid, and he would drop the little one in the big one, take a long swig, wipe his mouth with the back of his hand, give a big sigh, then lean back with a big smile on his face. Just what I wanted to do because it seemed so grown up.

After a couple or three of those and the clock getting closer and closer to curfew time, I crawled my way to the bus. Fortunately, I sat next to a window which was a life saver when the motion of the bus caused my stomach to become upset. By the time I got back to the base, most of my entraills had been left

scattered behind on the road.

Drinking ain't never cheap, whether the currency is your money or your guts. I never drank again.

Jack

Flower Symbology> > Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > > > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> > Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> > Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???> >

Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> > Z: Periwinkle> > Zena had one but I forget what> > Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> > Who else???????? ??> > Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> > Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> > Cheers,> > in Oz> > > >>

Guest guest

And I never grew up, either.

Jack

Flower Symbology> > Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > > > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> > Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> > Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???>

> Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> > Z: Periwinkle> > Zena had one but I forget what> > Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> > Who else???????? ??> > Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> > Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> > Cheers,> > in Oz> > > >>

Guest guest

I have always liked pink carnations. No specific reason. I just think they are beautiful!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Re: Flower SymbologyTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 9:08 AM

Well now, I guess I'll just have to tell you my drunk story. I grew up in a dry county, meaning alcohol (drinking type) could not be sold. So I grew up ignorant of drinking. I was 17 when I went into the USAF, and pretty much a naif in that world. When I got to my first base after boot camp and could go off base, I went into town, Biloxi, MS. Not knowing what to do with myself, I drifted into a bar and sat on a stool, trying to look and act as manly as I could. The bar lady asked what would I have? I didn't know a single name, so I pointed to what the guy next to me had, and said "Gimme one of those." I really liked the looks of his set up: a tall glass of liquid, and this tiny glass of another liquid, and he would drop the little one in the big one, take a long swig, wipe his mouth with the back of his hand, give a big

sigh, then lean back with a big smile on his face. Just what I wanted to do because it seemed so grown up.

After a couple or three of those and the clock getting closer and closer to curfew time, I crawled my way to the bus. Fortunately, I sat next to a window which was a life saver when the motion of the bus caused my stomach to become upset. By the time I got back to the base, most of my entraills had been left

Drinking ain't never cheap, whether the currency is your money or your guts. I never drank again.

Jack

Flower Symbology> > Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > > > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> > Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> > Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???>

> Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> > Z: Periwinkle> > Zena had one but I forget what> > Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> > Who else???????? ??> > Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> > Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> > Cheers,> > in Oz> > > >>

Guest guest

Caro, A pink carnation means " I shall never forget you"

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Re: Flower SymbologyDate: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 08:55:11 -0700 (PDT)

I have always liked pink carnations. No specific reason. I just think they are beautiful!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

From: Jack Marshall <mrshlljck>Subject: Re: Re: Flower SymbologyTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 9:08 AM

Well now, I guess I'll just have to tell you my drunk story. I grew up in a dry county, meaning alcohol (drinking type) could not be sold. So I grew up ignorant of drinking. I was 17 when I went into the USAF, and pretty much a naif in that world. When I got to my first base after boot camp and could go off base, I went into town, Biloxi, MS. Not knowing what to do with myself, I drifted into a bar and sat on a stool, trying to look and act as manly as I could. The bar lady asked what would I have? I didn't know a single name, so I pointed to what the guy next to me had, and said "Gimme one of those." I really liked the looks of his set up: a tall glass of liquid, and this tiny glass of another liquid, and he would drop the little one in the big one, take a long swig, wipe his mouth with the back of his hand, give a big sigh, then lean back with a big smile on his face. Just what I wanted to do because it seemed so grown up.

Jack

Flower Symbology> > Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > > > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> > Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> > Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???> > Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> > Z: Periwinkle> > Zena had one but I forget what> > Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> > Who else???????? ??> > Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> > Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> > Cheers,> > in Oz> > > >>

Guest guest

A 1 POT SCREAMER heh!

You've saved a lot of $$$$$ & a lot of MEMORY that way Jack!

Cheers,

SGIO> > >> > > Really? Can it be the real weed, the one and only weed? I've heard it is good medicine, too.> > > Jack, a guy> > > Flower Symbology> > > Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 02:49:14 -0000> > > > > > > > > I enjoyed catching up on people's choice of flower as their personal symbol...I started a list but I've mislaid the little book it's all kept in! HELP!> > > Vicky & Joyce; Daisies> > > Peggy: Stinkweed was over-ruled by popular vote but what WAS your choice in the end???> > > Mama-Sher: Nasturtiums> > > Z: Periwinkle> > > Zena had one but I forget what> > > Bruce: SILK!!!!!! of any kind!> > > Who else???????? ??> > > Anyone who hasn't chosen we were thinking about a Flower to 'represent' us...a symbol if you like! Choose away!> > > Mine is the Red Kangaroo Paw, an Aussie Native...I've made it part of my signature but only those who get their Air Mail sent to their personal systems would have it show up. Doesn't work fro those of us who read directly from the Web site message Board (unless you have a Yahoo mail address)> > > Cheers,> > > in Oz> > > > > >> >>

Guest guest

Oh wow!! I didn't know that! I just know they are beautiful flowers and smell so good!! Thanks, Steve!Caro, 47ASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

From: Jack Marshall <mrshlljckyahoo (DOT) com>Subject: Re: Re: Flower SymbologyTo: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. comDate: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 9:08 AM

Well now, I guess I'll just have to tell you my drunk story. I grew up in a dry county, meaning alcohol (drinking type) could not be sold. So I grew up ignorant of drinking. I was 17 when I went into the USAF, and pretty much a naif in that world. When I got to my first base after boot camp and could go off base, I went into town, Biloxi, MS. Not knowing what to do with myself, I drifted into a bar and sat on a stool, trying to look and act as manly as I could. The bar lady asked what would I have? I didn't know a single name, so I pointed to what the guy next to me had, and said "Gimme one of those." I really liked the looks of his set up: a tall glass of liquid, and this tiny glass of another liquid, and he would drop the little one in the big one, take a long swig, wipe his mouth with the back of his hand, give a big

sigh, then lean back with a big smile on his face. Just what I wanted to do because it seemed so grown up.

Jack