RemedySpot.com

Re: Hi everyone I am newly diagonsed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Kim... Welcome to our "Air-Family". I'm glad you are here. It's always sad to have a new member but the good you will get from this board will be so helpful to you.

Any questions you have there will be someone here who can answer. We share many dx (diagnoses) with each other and other diseases as well.

I'm sorry you have been through so much! My golly girl and at such a young age. Do you have family support?

I'm nearly 70, one of the older ones here. (Well, Jack is older than I...hahahahaa). I was dx more than 2 years ago and have held stable pretty much since then. I'm on O2 with exertion and always at night during sleep. I was dx with IPF and then changed to NSIP.

We will get more acquainted as we read each others posts. Oh. Go to home page and there are files you can click on for more information.

God Bless you!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi everyone I am newly diagonsed

Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8 months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last year, he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment. Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches, they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I dunno how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail, there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;

Guest guest

Hi , My name is Mayleen (dragonflymcs) I was diagnosed with IDL still of unknown type in 2007/feb. After a Hospital stay. I am glad you found this group, though saddened by why and how. You have been threw much. You will be able to find a lot of information here. I am not on any medications or under treatment for it except for an inhaler. I have a difficult situation and when I do go for treatment my route will be threw alternative medicine since one of my conditions precludes me from using pharmaceutical drugs for therapy. If I can be of any help to you I would be more than happy to do so.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8 months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was following up with the doctor that had

placed the chest tubes last year, he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment. Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches, they only gave me three this pain is horriable... I'll need more I dunno how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail, there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;

Guest guest

Hello

Have a welcome from across the pond, but oh my you've had a hell of a lot to deal with. I'm sorry you've had to find us, but glad that you did.

I hope you get as much comfort and support here as I have.

Love Ze (38) Dermatomyositis, PF etc for years, ph 2008>> > Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I> would introduce myself.> > My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell> Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through> chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's> almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my> transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my> lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand> my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8> months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and> with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it> was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a> semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to> check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial> lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was> following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last year,> he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down> to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted> for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by> chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment.> Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent> home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches,> they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I dunno> how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail,> there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;>

Guest guest

Hello

Have a welcome from across the pond, but oh my you've had a hell of a lot to deal with. I'm sorry you've had to find us, but glad that you did.

Love Ze (38) Dermatomyositis, PF etc for years, ph 2008>> > Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I> would introduce myself.> > My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell> Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through> chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's> almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my> transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my> lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand> my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8> months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and> with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it> was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a> semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to> check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial> lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was> following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last year,> he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down> to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted> for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by> chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment.> Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent> home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches,> they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I dunno> how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail,> there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;>

Guest guest

Hello

Guest guest

, welcome to the group! Oh my gosh, you are so young! I hate

that drugs meant to keep you alive after one awful disease gave you

THIS awful disease.

Do you have family? Are you married?

Do you have a pulmonary physician? He/She will give you a prescription

for pain meds. Is there a family member who can help you with the

office visits, etc.?

Feel free to post anything to this group. They are a strong bunch and

full of love and support for each other. They will gather you under

their wings in no time! :)

Wishing you all the best in this fight! You are in my prayers!

Hugs!

Babs in Texas

Age 47 DX with PF due to lupus/scleroderma/rheumatoid arthritis 11/99

Also have raynauds, sjogrens and crohns...among other things.

>

>

> Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I

> would introduce myself.

>

> My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell

> Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through

> chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's

> almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my

> transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my

> lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand

> my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8

> months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and

> with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it

> was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a

> semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to

> check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial

> lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was

> following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last year,

> he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down

> to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted

> for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by

> chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment.

> Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent

> home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches,

> they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I dunno

> how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail,

> there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;

>

Guest guest

Yes, I have family support. They've supported me through my cancer

diagonsis and treatments too. My oxygen is used with exertion (on 2

liters) as well, but sometimes I feel comfterable with it on while I

sleep (even though my stats are normal while at rest). Silly docs

didn't give me a oxygen script for a portable tank so I'm kinda home

bound until I get one. I cannot walk far distances, when I did the

walking test at the hospital I went from the 90s to the low 70s in

under a minute & it took me several minutes for it to go back up to

the 90s while I was resting.

>

> Kim... Welcome to our " Air-Family " . I'm glad you are here. It's

always sad to have a new member but the good you will get from this

board will be so helpful to you.

> Any questions you have there will be someone here who can answer.

We share many dx (diagnoses) with each other and other diseases as

well.

> I'm sorry you have been through so much! My golly girl and at such

a young age. Do you have family support?

> I'm nearly 70, one of the older ones here. (Well, Jack is older

than I...hahahahaa). I was dx more than 2 years ago and have held

stable pretty much since then. I'm on O2 with exertion and always at

night during sleep. I was dx with IPF and then changed to NSIP.

>

> We will get more acquainted as we read each others posts. Oh. Go to

home page and there are files you can click on for more information.

>

> God Bless you!

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Hi everyone I am newly diagonsed

>

>

>

> Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I

thought I would introduce myself.

>

Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through

chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006

(it's almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my

transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and

my lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-

expand my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year

(around 8 months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a

vengence and with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at

first, saying it was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain

felt like I had a semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had

to get a CT scan to check for cancer remission and it picked up some

fibrosis and partial lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This

last monday, I was following up with the doctor that had placed the

chest tubes last year, he told me it would be useless to open me up

for that. He sent me down to the ER due to my shortness of breath and

heart rate, I was admitted for a week. I found out I had pulmonary

fibrosis (it was caused by chemotherapy) but there isn't much they

can do for me at the moment. Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like

the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent home with oxygen and new scripts for

inhalers and also pain patches, they only gave me three this pain is

horriable...I'll need more I dunno how the dr thinks I can handle it.

I didn't get to much into detail, there's more but I did the short

version. ^_^;

>

Guest guest

>

well.

>

>

> God Bless you!

>

>

>

>

>

version. ^_^;

>

Guest guest

>

well.

>

>

> God Bless you!

>

>

>

>

>

version. ^_^;

>

Guest guest

I have a family, but I'm not married. I live with my parents, and I'm

on Social Security and Medicaid since before my bone marrow

transplant since I cannot work. I have a pulmonary doctor, I've been

seeing her on and off since my breathing problems began (I guess it

will be a more common dr appt like my oncologist is now), she first

diagonsed me with COPD/Asthma. I see her in a couple weeks for a

follow up. They have to try and get a atery blood gas since they

couldn't get one from me at the hospital for some reason.

> >

> >

> > Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I

thought I

> > would introduce myself.

> >

> > My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell

> > Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through

> > chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006

(it's

> > almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my

> > transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up

and my

> > lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-

expand

> > my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year

(around 8

> > months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a

vengence and

> > with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first,

saying it

> > was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I

had a

> > semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT

scan to

> > check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and

partial

> > lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was

> > following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last

year,

> > he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me

down

> > to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was

admitted

> > for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by

> > chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the

moment.

> > Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got

sent

> > home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain

patches,

> > they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I

dunno

> > how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into

detail,

> > there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;

> >

>

Guest guest

Kim...let me add in here when you go for a ABG (blood gas) be sure and insist on a little numbing med (brain fade...can't remember what it's called) on the site. Makes a huge difference!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Hi everyone I am newly diagonsed

I have a family, but I'm not married. I live with my parents, and I'm on Social Security and Medicaid since before my bone marrow transplant since I cannot work. I have a pulmonary doctor, I've been seeing her on and off since my breathing problems began (I guess it will be a more common dr appt like my oncologist is now), she first diagonsed me with COPD/Asthma. I see her in a couple weeks for a follow up. They have to try and get a atery blood gas since they couldn't get one from me at the hospital for some reason.> >> > > > Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I> > would introduce myself.> > > > My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell> > Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through> > chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's> > almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my> > transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my> > lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand> > my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8> > months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and> > with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it> > was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a> > semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to> > check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial> > lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was> > following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last year,> > he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down> > to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted> > for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by> > chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment.> > Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent> > home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches,> > they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I dunno> > how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail,> > there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;> >>

Guest guest

My heart just stopped when I read how old you are. I am so sorry that you are going through all this when you should be enjoying yourself and looking forward to a long healthy life. My son is 22 (he'll be 23 next month) so your age really hits me where I live.

I want to welcome you to the board. I'm sorry that you have reason to be here but I'm glad you found us. We all have various forms of pulmonary fibrosis and differing prognosis but we support each other and learn from each other every day.

Please use the board in whatever way suits you. I hope that you can find some of the support and friendship that I've found here.

Beth

Moderator Breathe-Support

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8 months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was following up with the doctor that had

placed the chest tubes last year, he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment. Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches, they only gave me three this pain is horriable... I'll need more I dunno how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail, there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;

Guest guest

hi , I am sorry you are having to join this group. but i do

want to send you a nice welcome. I am new here and I am very shy,

mostly because i don't know alot about what is going on. Maybe we can

learn together.i have been on o2 for several years and each day I

feel it gets harder to breath.I admair these people on this board and

thank them for all the knowledge and friendship I have received. I'm

sure you will be just fine here.

Ruth

>

>

> Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought

I

> would introduce myself.

>

> Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through

> chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006

(it's

> almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my

> transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up

and my

> lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-

expand

> my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year

(around 8

> months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a

vengence and

> with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying

it

> was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a

> semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan

to

> check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and

partial

> lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was

> following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last

year,

> he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me

down

> to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was

admitted

> for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by

> chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment.

> Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got

sent

> home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches,

> they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I

dunno

> how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail,

> there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;

>

Guest guest

Guest guest

, welcome to this group, although it is under circumstances that break my heart. I don't complain about my condition because I am at the other end of the life span. But you are so young that it seems unfair. This group will give you support and education, both of which are necessary in the fight, and which I hope will bring you solace and strength.

Jack

79/UIP - IPF/06 - 05 Maine

Guest guest

Hi ,

Welcome to the group although I am saddened that you had to find us. This is the best place to go for strength, advice, answers, and support. I wish you all the best. I am here if you need me!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Hi everyone I am newly diagonsedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 4:59 PM

, welcome to this group, although it is under circumstances that break my heart. I don't complain about my condition because I am at the other end of the life span. But you are so young that it seems unfair. This group will give you support and education, both of which are necessary in the fight, and which I hope will bring you solace and strength.

Jack

79/UIP - IPF/06 - 05 Maine

Guest guest

Hi ,

My name is --- It sounds like you have a very loving and supportive

family to help you through this---so I would like to ask your parents to give you a huge

hug and kiss from all of us. We will do everything we can to help with any questions

and be understanding and supportive when you need it.

The people here are about as knowledgeable as you will find and through my experience with them, I have been able to understand what the Dr. is telling me. I hope

we can help you and everything you have been through you will probably be able to help us also. Take care---will be looking foward to your posts.

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ

Subject: Hi everyone I am newly diagonsedTo: Breathe-Support Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 7:22 PM