RemedySpot.com

Re: Sher-GERD, gastritis and NAC

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thanks MB for a very clear explanation. I am surprised I guess that NAC could be the culprit.>>>>>>>>>Peggy, do you take NAC too?

I will definitely mention it to my Gastro.

I'm between a rock and hard place. Pain pills can cause irritation to the stomach (he told me this) and I can't get by w/o them.

Lord, I wonder what is next.

I did not know there are two 'types' of gastritis. I will ask him about this too.

Thanks again.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>

Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.

I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.�

I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..�

Love and Prayers, Peggy ��

IPF �2004, �Florida

"Worry looks around,

�Sorry looks back,

��Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Thanks MB for a very clear explanation. I am surprised I guess that NAC could be the culprit.>>>>>>>>>Peggy, do you take NAC too?

I will definitely mention it to my Gastro.

I'm between a rock and hard place. Pain pills can cause irritation to the stomach (he told me this) and I can't get by w/o them.

Lord, I wonder what is next.

I did not know there are two 'types' of gastritis. I will ask him about this too.

Thanks again.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.

I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.�

IPF �2004, �Florida

"Worry looks around,

�Sorry looks back,

��Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Thanks Vicky! I'm glad I vented...brought out some good information for everyone.

Hope you're having a good night .

Re: Sher-GERD, gastritis and NAC

I took NAC for over a year, no problems, then one night at 1am ended up in the ER, thought I was having a heart attack, it was the NAC. Needless to say I dont take it anymore, but I had to double up on my Prisolec.

Vicky81856

Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

Guest guest

Sher,

There are many types of gastritis, not just two. By definition all gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. The cause is what sorts out the different types, infection (H. Pylori is the usual culprit), pain medication (aspirin, ibuprofen etc) alcohol, a connective tissue or autoimmune disease (though this is fairly rare).

You might ask the doctor what he thinks is causing yours. That info would help you sort things out more.

I just hope you can get feeling better soon!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

IPF �2004, �Florida

"Worry looks around,

�Sorry looks back,

��Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Sher

So little is known or documented about NAC, i know if I could get by

without it and was experiencing what you are, I'd drop it quickly and at

least see if there was improvement while also advising him you were on

it. For anyone with list of meds you're on, do not leave off vitamins,

health store products, or over the counter meds.

>

> Thanks MB for a very clear explanation. I am surprised I guess that

NAC could be the culprit.>>>>>>>>>Peggy, do you take NAC too?

> I will definitely mention it to my Gastro.

>

> I'm between a rock and hard place. Pain pills can cause irritation to

the stomach (he told me this) and I can't get by w/o them.

> Lord, I wonder what is next.

> I did not know there are two 'types' of gastritis. I will ask him

about this too.

> Thanks again.

>

>

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>

>

>

> Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the

pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am

sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do

understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three

weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.

>

>

> I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do

you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope

you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.�

> I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..�

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Love and Prayers, Peggy ��

> IPF �2004, �Florida

>

>

> " Worry looks around,

> �Sorry looks back,

> ��Faith looks up. "

>

Guest guest

Sher/MB

Have beautiful pictures of when my stomach was inflamed. Medication was

to coat stomach walls which are basically protein and protect them.

Typically projected results in about six weeks although to be safe he

put me on the med for longer than than.

>

> Sher,

> There are many types of gastritis, not just two. By definition all

gastritis is an inflammation of the lining of the stomach. The cause is

what sorts out the different types, infection (H. Pylori is the usual

culprit), pain medication (aspirin, ibuprofen etc) alcohol, a connective

tissue or autoimmune disease (though this is fairly rare).

> You might ask the doctor what he thinks is causing yours. That info

would help you sort things out more.

> I just hope you can get feeling better soon!

>

> Â BethÂ

> Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

> Â

> Change everything. Love and Forgive  Â

> Â

> Â

>

>

>

> Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>

> Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the

pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am

sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do

understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three

weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.

>

>

> I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do

you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope

you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.�

> I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..�

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Love and Prayers, Peggy ��

> IPF �2004, �Florida

>

> " Worry looks around,

> �Sorry looks back,

> ��Faith looks up. "

>

Guest guest

Sher,

How are you today?

It is awful to hear about your pain and sickness, you have been

having a bad time lately , i pray things change and you soon feel

better,

feeling anxious could worsen your pain ,so try to rest and sleep,

you are getting plenty of sound medical advice from the others i

can only send my sincere prayers and plenty of love.

Geeta

- In Breathe-Support , " Sher Bauman "

wrote:

>

> Thanks Vicky! I'm glad I vented...brought out some good

information for everyone.

> Hope you're having a good night .

>

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Re: Sher-GERD, gastritis and NAC

>

>

>

> I took NAC for over a year, no problems, then one night at 1am

ended up in the ER, thought I was having a heart attack, it was the

NAC. Needless to say I dont take it anymore, but I had to double up

on my Prisolec.

>

> Vicky81856

>

>

>

>

>

> -------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------

> Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music

scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

>

Guest guest

Firstly Sher, I'm so sorry you're feeling so darn CROOK...not good m'dear! What a rotten day you had with the tests & appointments etc!

Secondly NAC can definitely cause gastritis due to the fact that is a Sulphur Based medicine. There is a slow release version available that could solve that problem for some.

Sulphur occurs naturally in food & many people are sensitive to those foods too (eggs, dried apricots are 2 that I knmow can give problems).

Sulphur based anti-biotics cause tummy upsets for those sensitive to it as well.

Hope it gets sorted ASAP Sher,

GIO

> >> > Thanks MB for a very clear explanation. I am surprised I guess that> NAC could be the culprit.>>>>>>>>>Peggy, do you take NAC too?> > I will definitely mention it to my Gastro.> >> > I'm between a rock and hard place. Pain pills can cause irritation to> the stomach (he told me this) and I can't get by w/o them.> > Lord, I wonder what is next.> > I did not know there are two 'types' of gastritis. I will ask him> about this too.> > Thanks again.> >> >> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >> > Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>> >> >> > Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the> pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am> sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do> understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three> weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.> >> >> > I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do> you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope> you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.�> > I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..�> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Love and Prayers, Peggy ��> > IPF �2004, �Florida> >> >> > "Worry looks around,> > �Sorry looks back,> > ��Faith looks up."> >>

Guest guest

Hi Gita... In reading my other posts you will read I'm doing better the last two days. I stopped taking NAC and the pain is less.

Speaking of sleep, I have taken a two hour nap for the last many days and I'm not usually a napper. Slept ok at night too.

If can "only" send your prayers and plenty of love well send 'em on friend! Glad to receive them.

Re: Sher-GERD, gastritis and NAC> > > > I took NAC for over a year, no problems, then one night at 1am ended up in the ER, thought I was having a heart attack, it was the NAC. Needless to say I dont take it anymore, but I had to double up on my Prisolec.> > Vicky81856> > > > > > ---------------------------------------------------------------------> Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!>

Guest guest

Thanks for the added info . I will not take NAC again.

You sound like you're doing ok. Goodie goodie goodie!

Re: Sher needs to talk >>>>> >> >> > Ladybug Oh Ladybug, I think you need a good break yourself, all the> pain you have been fighting now this.. I pray it will be gone soon. I am> sorry you have to endure this. I had a spell of gastritis and do> understand the pain your in from that. Mine lasted for about three> weeks. I certainly hope you don't have this much longer.> >> >> > I went to my Dr. today because of this cough that has started and do> you know IT IS GERD.. I'm back on my tummy medicine. I am well and hope> you are hummin' a pretty tune soon.�> > I'll come hold your other hand. Ya gotta walk slow though..�> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > Love and Prayers, Peggy ��> > IPF �2004, �Florida> >> >> > "Worry looks around,> > �Sorry looks back,> > ��Faith looks up."> >>