RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: memorials

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bruce... I wasn't clear...a database is sort of what I had in mind. I used the word memorial and didn't explain. I agree...something minimal but yet something remembering those who are dear to us.

There again, you wouldn't have to 'encounter it regularly' unless you clicked on it.

It makes me feel sad that at my death I'd just be "out of sight out of mind". My name someplace, with minimal data, maybe something I'm most remembered by....like Ginger with her beautiful, frequent prayers. The good, the bad or the ugly, but something that tells others I was here and put in my time trying to help others.

I can't begin to catch up on all the posts while we were gone but hope you're doing ok and feeling ok. I am so refreshed after our PNW gathering. I wish I could go again next month! It was an easy gathering. We drove the farthest, about 140 miles. Nice drive. The rest came from 45 min to an hour or so away.

Where are you going next, do you know?

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: memorials

MayI'm afraid what I'm about to say may offend some and I fully respectdiffering opinions and don't intend to offend. However, I prefer thatany memorials be done elsewhere. There are several online sitesavailable for that. I wouldn't object to something minimal here like adatabase of those who are no longer with us in body. However, I don'tfeel a site with memorials is a way to welcome newcomers. Nor, frankly,is it something I want to encounter regularly. We remember individuallyand in our hearts and souls. We can memorialize elsewhere, but I greatlyprefer to keep this site as much about living as possible.So, my suggestion is that those interested in memorials use one of theother sites and email links to friends or post links here occasionallywhen the person's name comes up.Please forgive me if I've offended anyone but I have been on a boardwhere death became too visible to remain healthy. Now, admittedly I'mdifferent than others. For instance, I don't visit cemetaries. I justremember lives on my own and in my own way.However, forget me. Just think if the first time you ever came here youhad visited the memorials instead of the focus of the forum. And, whilethose who would be memorialized today are few in number, as the boardages, it will greatly increase.>>> we have talked before of creating some kind of memorial to mark> our friends who pass to the other side and haven't came up with> the right thing yet.>> what about a word doc with a text box for each person containing> a picture of a beautiful flower with their name and dates on it.> mary-beth would perhaps have to keep the original one in her own pcand> add it to files anew every time we add to it. i think it would be> hard to update on the board so re-loading every time may work.>> what kind of flower would remind you of ginger? i did think about a> pic but that might prove a bit too difficult.>> any other ideas>> may uip 0606> glasgow, scotland>

Guest guest

Bruce... I wasn't clear...a database is sort of what I had in mind. I used the word memorial and didn't explain. I agree...something minimal but yet something remembering those who are dear to us.

There again, you wouldn't have to 'encounter it regularly' unless you clicked on it.

It makes me feel sad that at my death I'd just be "out of sight out of mind". My name someplace, with minimal data, maybe something I'm most remembered by....like Ginger with her beautiful, frequent prayers. The good, the bad or the ugly, but something that tells others I was here and put in my time trying to help others.

I can't begin to catch up on all the posts while we were gone but hope you're doing ok and feeling ok. I am so refreshed after our PNW gathering. I wish I could go again next month! It was an easy gathering. We drove the farthest, about 140 miles. Nice drive. The rest came from 45 min to an hour or so away.

MayI'm afraid what I'm about to say may offend some and I fully respectdiffering opinions and don't intend to offend. However, I prefer thatany memorials be done elsewhere. There are several online sitesavailable for that. I wouldn't object to something minimal here like adatabase of those who are no longer with us in body. However, I don'tfeel a site with memorials is a way to welcome newcomers. Nor, frankly,is it something I want to encounter regularly. We remember individuallyand in our hearts and souls. We can memorialize elsewhere, but I greatlyprefer to keep this site as much about living as possible.So, my suggestion is that those interested in memorials use one of theother sites and email links to friends or post links here occasionallywhen the person's name comes up.Please forgive me if I've offended anyone but I have been on a boardwhere death became too visible to remain healthy. Now, admittedly I'mdifferent than others. For instance, I don't visit cemetaries. I justremember lives on my own and in my own way.However, forget me. Just think if the first time you ever came here youhad visited the memorials instead of the focus of the forum. And, whilethose who would be memorialized today are few in number, as the boardages, it will greatly increase.>>> we have talked before of creating some kind of memorial to mark> our friends who pass to the other side and haven't came up with> the right thing yet.>> what about a word doc with a text box for each person containing> a picture of a beautiful flower with their name and dates on it.> mary-beth would perhaps have to keep the original one in her own pcand> add it to files anew every time we add to it. i think it would be> hard to update on the board so re-loading every time may work.>> what kind of flower would remind you of ginger? i did think about a> pic but that might prove a bit too difficult.>> any other ideas>> may uip 0606> glasgow, scotland>

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bruce...re: your next post.........what is the "present" you refer too?

May/SherI do want to add one thing. I probably said more than I should have andthe decision really rests with the board owners and administrators andI'd fully respect their decision if they changed from the present.> >> >> > we have talked before of creating some kind of memorial to mark> > our friends who pass to the other side and haven't came up with> > the right thing yet.> >> > what about a word doc with a text box for each person containing> > a picture of a beautiful flower with their name and dates on it.> > mary-beth would perhaps have to keep the original one in her own pc> and> > add it to files anew every time we add to it. i think it would be> > hard to update on the board so re-loading every time may work.> >> > what kind of flower would remind you of ginger? i did think about a> > pic but that might prove a bit too difficult.> >> > any other ideas> >> > may uip 0606> > glasgow, scotland> >>