RemedySpot.com

Things I Didn't Know

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Things I didn't know from my Monday morning newspaper:

Vinyl shower curtains sold at major US retailers emit toxic chemicals that have been linked to serious health problems. . . the curtains contained high concentrations of chemicals that are linked to liver damage as well as damage to the central nervous, RESPIRATORY and reproductive systems. . . one curtain released as many as 108 volatile organic compounds into the air, some persisted for nearly a month.. .seven of these chemicals have been identified by EPA as hazardous air pollutants.

(I hate to think that I was done in by my shower curtain.)

The American Lung Association of Maine raised $1,300,00 for research and education on lung disease

through its three day, 169 mile bicycle trek across Maine. It has raised $13,000,000 since its inception.

(And I never knew of it.)

Jack

79/UIP - IPF/06/05 Maine

Guest guest

Jack, Thank you for sharing that information with us. This is exactly what I realize in many things. So many products that are just unsafe for people with respiratory problems it is unbelievable. They are in almost everything we use in everyday life. VOC's severely impair breathing. They not only impair breathing as you mentioned they destroy immune systems, nervous systems and more. Thank you so much !! Let's not forget our skin, it is our largest organ. Threw it we absorb these VOC's as well. You get more chlorine in a shower than if you drank a glass of water.

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

Things I Didn't Know

Things I didn't know from my Monday morning newspaper:

Vinyl shower curtains sold at major US retailers emit toxic chemicals that have been linked to serious health problems. . . the curtains contained high concentrations of chemicals that are linked to liver damage as well as damage to the central nervous, RESPIRATORY and reproductive systems. . . one curtain released as many as 108 volatile organic compounds into the air, some persisted for nearly a month.. .seven of these chemicals have been identified by EPA as hazardous air pollutants.

(I hate to think that I was done in by my shower curtain.)

The American Lung Association of Maine raised $1,300,00 for research and education on lung disease

through its three day, 169 mile bicycle trek across Maine. It has raised $13,000,000 since its inception.

(And I never knew of it.)

Jack

79/UIP - IPF/06/05 Maine