RemedySpot.com

Re: Wigs???

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Joyce, My Pastors wife wears a wig because of cancer years ago. Her's is so pretty. She is 6' tall so she can wear itvery easily. We shorties would have to have one thinned for our little size. ;)I am going to check it out. I have a friend that is a hair dresser, she'll fix it.. she just doesn't know it yet.  lolI just can not believe you are going through all this and still manage to make up all laugh while crying for you.My Grandma had a Jed Clampet (Bev. hillbillys) hat. I loved it. I remember her in the yard working in her garden so well shaded. Loved that hat.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Joan, I am not sure I thanked you for the post about the wigs. My mind is LEAVING me.  I am going to check out some on line. I think I will have to try one before I would but though. Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Joan,This Lupus Rash is making my hair fall out and is going to make it impossible to color the gray.  I am considering a wig.  I can spot one a mile away.  So, were you comfortable with wearing it?  Did you feel conspicuous?I think I will get a Dolly Parton style.....WOO HOO! Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hi Peggy -> > When I first moved to NC and didn't have a hairdresser, I went to a salon that was recommended by a neighbor. Well the stylist, apparently did not know how to give a short haircut with the bangs and sides and neckline 'feathered' or 'wispy' or 'fringe-like'. She had turned the chair around (I wasn't facing the mirror) and when she turned it back for me to check her work, I nearly died! I was about 1-inch all over and bluntly cut at all the edges. I'm overweight and looked like a big bowling ball with fringe on it! > > My daughter took me to one of the malls and I bought an expensive wig, but at least it looks natural (color and cut) and I felt that I could now go out without wearing a brown paper bag over my head!> > You can also find wig ads in some magazines (I think about $29 and $49...I believe some are nationwide). The newer styles have a sort of 'beehive' of elasticized strips with spaces in between that allow your scalp to breathe and are much more comfortable (I had an 'old style' wig in the 70s that was like that). The only thing that I would say is to be sure that it is combed or 'styled' before you go out. I know a lady who always wears a wig and it never looks nice...all messy and looks like a bird's nest or something...you can definitely tell that she's wearing a wig.> > Good luck -> > JoanM>

Guest guest

Peggy,

The 90 year old lady who lives next door to my sister has been wearing wigs since she was seventy! She said that one day she woke up and decided that she just couldn't be bothered with her hair any longer, went out bought a few wigs and has been wearing them since. She has two or three different styles and matches them to her outfits. She actually looks really cute. I have already decided that if I get too sick to go to the beauty shop or to do my own hair-I'm going for the wigs. Who knows, maybe I willget a blonde one in honor of you! Love you-

Sarcoid/PF 3/2006 California

Re: Re: Wigs???

Joyce, My Pastors wife wears a wig because of cancer years ago. Her's is so pretty. She is 6' tall so she can wear it

very easily. We shorties would have to have one thinned for our little size. ;)

I am going to check it out. I have a friend that is a hair dresser, she'll fix it.. she just doesn't know it yet. lol

I just can not believe you are going through all this and still manage to make up all laugh while crying for you.

My Grandma had a Jed Clampet (Bev. hillbillys) hat. I loved it. I remember her in the yard working in her garden so well shaded. Loved that hat.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---

Joan, I am not sure I thanked you for the post about the wigs. My mind is LEAVING me. I am going to check out some on line. I think I will have to try one before I would but though.

Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida

Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God.

Joan,

This Lupus Rash is making my hair fall out and is going to make it impossible to color the gray. I am considering a wig. I can spot one a mile away. So, were you comfortable with wearing it? Did you feel conspicuous?

I think I will get a Dolly Parton style.....WOO HOO!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hi Peggy -> > When I first moved to NC and didn't have a hairdresser, I went to a salon that was recommended by a neighbor. Well the stylist, apparently did not know how to give a short haircut with the bangs and sides and neckline 'feathered' or 'wispy' or

'fringe-like' . She had turned the chair around (I wasn't facing the mirror) and when she turned it back for me to check her work, I nearly died! I was about 1-inch all over and bluntly cut at all the edges. I'm overweight and looked like a big bowling ball with fringe on it! > > My daughter took me to one of the malls and I bought an expensive wig, but at least it looks natural (color and cut) and I felt that I could now go out without wearing a brown paper bag over my head!> > You can also find wig ads in some magazines (I think about $29 and $49...I believe some are nationwide). The newer styles have a sort of 'beehive' of elasticized strips with spaces in between that allow your scalp to breathe and are much more comfortable (I had an 'old style' wig in the 70s that was like that). The

only thing that I would say is to be sure that it is combed or 'styled' before you go out. I know a lady who always wears a wig and it never looks nice...all messy and looks like a bird's nest or something... you can definitely tell that she's wearing a wig.> > Good luck -> > JoanM>

Guest guest

, Every day I comb this head and think OH a wig would solve this hair problem. If you do a blond you can use the blond thing A LOT. lol I really need that in my corner.sad thing is it is becoming true. Have a good day Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God. Peggy,  The 90 year old lady who lives next door to my sister has been wearing wigs since she was seventy!  She said that one day she woke up and decided that she just couldn't be bothered with her hair any longer, went out bought a few wigs and has been wearing them since.  She has two or three different styles and matches them to her outfits.  She actually looks really cute.  I have already decided that if I get too sick to go to the beauty shop or to do my own hair-I'm going for the wigs.  Who knows, maybe I willget a blonde one in honor of you!  Love you-    Sarcoid/PF  3/2006   California Re: Re: Wigs???Joyce, My Pastors wife wears a wig because of cancer years ago. Her's is so pretty. She is 6' tall so she can wear itvery easily. We shorties would have to have one thinned for our little size. ;)I am going to check it out. I have a friend that is a hair dresser, she'll fix it.. she just doesn't know it yet.  lolI just can not believe you are going through all this and still manage to make up all laugh while crying for you.My Grandma had a Jed Clampet (Bev. hillbillys) hat. I loved it. I remember her in the yard working in her garden so well shaded. Loved that hat.------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---Joan, I am not sure I thanked you for the post about the wigs. My mind is LEAVING me.  I am going to check out some on line. I think I will have to try one before I would but though.Peggy, ipf 6/04 Florida  Happy moments, praise God.Difficult moments, seek God.Quiet moments, worship God.Painful moments, trust God.Every moment, thank God.Joan,This Lupus Rash is making my hair fall out and is going to make it impossible to color the gray.  I am considering a wig.  I can spot one a mile away.  So, were you comfortable with wearing it?  Did you feel conspicuous?I think I will get a Dolly Parton style.....WOO HOO! Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997    Bronchiectasis 2004    Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)  Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you.  Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands.  Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hi Peggy -> > When I first moved to NC and didn't have a hairdresser, I went to a salon that was recommended by a neighbor. Well the stylist, apparently did not know how to give a short haircut with the bangs and sides and neckline 'feathered' or 'wispy' or 'fringe-like' . She had turned the chair around (I wasn't facing the mirror) and when she turned it back for me to check her work, I nearly died! I was about 1-inch all over and bluntly cut at all the edges. I'm overweight and looked like a big bowling ball with fringe on it! > > My daughter took me to one of the malls and I bought an expensive wig, but at least it looks natural (color and cut) and I felt that I could now go out without wearing a brown paper bag over my head!> > You can also find wig ads in some magazines (I think about $29 and $49...I believe some are nationwide). The newer styles have a sort of 'beehive' of elasticized strips with spaces in between that allow your scalp to breathe and are much more comfortable (I had an 'old style' wig in the 70s that was like that). The only thing that I would say is to be sure that it is combed or 'styled' before you go out. I know a lady who always wears a wig and it never looks nice...all messy and looks like a bird's nest or something... you can definitely tell that she's wearing a wig.> > Good luck -> > JoanM>

Guest guest

Wow, I've been thinking about a wig too. There are very real looking

hair pieces and so pretty. A blond one...my hair cut is doing

better. It was cut so short I could hardly pull hair! Still going

for the gray! Joy in Seattle

> >

> > Hi Peggy -

> >

> > When I first moved to NC and didn't have a hairdresser, I went

to

> a salon that was recommended by a neighbor. Well the stylist,

> apparently did not know how to give a short haircut with the bangs

> and sides and neckline 'feathered' or 'wispy' or 'fringe-like' .

She

> had turned the chair around (I wasn't facing the mirror) and when

she

> turned it back for me to check her work, I nearly died! I was about

1-

> inch all over and bluntly cut at all the edges. I'm overweight and

> looked like a big bowling ball with fringe on it!

> >

> > My daughter took me to one of the malls and I bought an

expensive

> wig, but at least it looks natural (color and cut) and I felt that

I

> could now go out without wearing a brown paper bag over my head!

> >

> > You can also find wig ads in some magazines (I think about $29

and

> $49...I believe some are nationwide). The newer styles have a sort

of

> 'beehive' of elasticized strips with spaces in between that allow

> your scalp to breathe and are much more comfortable (I had an 'old

> style' wig in the 70s that was like that). The only thing that I

> would say is to be sure that it is combed or 'styled' before you

go

> out. I know a lady who always wears a wig and it never looks

> nice...all messy and looks like a bird's nest or something... you

can

> definitely tell that she's wearing a wig.

> >

> > Good luck -

> >

> > JoanM

> >

>