RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Caro/Bruce/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Bruce... you must keep an extensive medical-type journal to remember all the different situations you post at different times. I used to do that, it was the only way I could keep track of the many medical problems I have...I need to do it again!

Recalling your follow thru, reminds me of my own and I do think we need to follow up on symptoms.

In 2006, after an endoscopy, I too was found to have GERD. Didn't take it really seriously, did take the Rx meds and had occasional stomach pain. I was careful what I ate. Now, I'm once again dealing with GERD and it's worse than ever. I'm on 5-8 Carafact (coats the stomach) daily, plus Prilosec and Dyclomine. Still have the stomach pain intermittently and have ANOTHER call into Dr today. He mentioned a scan of the belly if I did not improve...

I was also dx with IPF that same year. I thought my SOB was just being overweight and out of shape...let it go until I really needed to see a Dr for it. Surprise! I'm now on O2 that makes my life easier too.

I've been having colonoscopies every few years since '90s. When once polyps are found, especially the type that are pre-cancerous, they are removed during exam (I'm sedated, no pain after) and then follow-up colonoscopies are done regularly. Mine are 4 years. (I know you know all this Bruce). Polyps are always found during exam. Twice found, we are then known as "polyp growers"! What a title. My last one was this year and more polyps were found and some removed.

Absolutely for me too I would have had colon cancer. Sure a colonoscopy is dreaded (until you have 4-5) and the preparation is worse then the exam but the needed info. is so important! Especially if one is found to be a "grower".

For anyone who has not had one in a regular course of complete health exam, please do so. There is absolutely no way one can second-guess polyps...no symptoms, no pain, unless there are other problems associated.

Depression is something that definitely needs treatment. Mine started as a young teen and fast forward to today I am on 60 mg of Cymbalta that really helps w/symptoms.

Hopefully a few heads-up will help others to seek medical advice Bruce.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Caro> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 11:13 AM> >> >> > Caro,> > I'm so glad that your biopsy is done and you're on the road to> recovery. It's a miserable procedure (but you know that already, don't> you?). When have they told you to expect the final results? I'm sure> you feel you probably already know the results. And in a weird way it> would almost be a relief to know what caused the fibrosis wouldn't it?I> know that's kind of what I've been going through with my probable> diagnosis of "undifferentiated connective tissue disease" or maybe> "polymyositis" or maybe "dermatomyositis" or some other bizaare thing.> LOL> >> > Anyway, I'm glad it's over and hope you're feeling like your self> soon!> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >> >> >>

Guest guest

Yeah Steve! That's what I say!! Where's DOOGIE!!????CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: Re: Caro/Bruce/To: Breathe-Support Date: Monday, July 7, 2008, 11:54 AM

Bruce... you must keep an extensive medical-type journal to remember all the different situations you post at different times. I used to do that, it was the only way I could keep track of the many medical problems I have...I need to do it again!

Recalling your follow thru, reminds me of my own and I do think we need to follow up on symptoms.

In 2006, after an endoscopy, I too was found to have GERD. Didn't take it really seriously, did take the Rx meds and had occasional stomach pain. I was careful what I ate. Now, I'm once again dealing with GERD and it's worse than ever. I'm on 5-8 Carafact (coats the stomach) daily, plus Prilosec and Dyclomine. Still have the stomach pain intermittently and have ANOTHER call into Dr today. He mentioned a scan of the belly if I did not improve...

I was also dx with IPF that same year. I thought my SOB was just being overweight and out of shape...let it go until I really needed to see a Dr for it. Surprise! I'm now on O2 that makes my life easier too.

I've been having colonoscopies every few years since '90s. When once polyps are found, especially the type that are pre-cancerous, they are removed during exam (I'm sedated, no pain after) and then follow-up colonoscopies are done regularly. Mine are 4 years. (I know you know all this Bruce). Polyps are always found during exam. Twice found, we are then known as "polyp growers"! What a title. My last one was this year and more polyps were found and some removed.

Absolutely for me too I would have had colon cancer. Sure a colonoscopy is dreaded (until you have 4-5) and the preparation is worse then the exam but the needed info. is so important! Especially if one is found to be a "grower".

For anyone who has not had one in a regular course of complete health exam, please do so. There is absolutely no way one can second-guess polyps...no symptoms, no pain, unless there are other problems associated.

Depression is something that definitely needs treatment. Mine started as a young teen and fast forward to today I am on 60 mg of Cymbalta that really helps w/symptoms.

Hopefully a few heads-up will help others to seek medical advice Bruce.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Caro> > To: Breathe-Support@ yahoogroups. com> > Date: Sunday, July 6, 2008, 11:13 AM> >> >> > Caro,> > I'm so glad that your biopsy is done and you're on the road to> recovery. It's a miserable procedure (but you know that already, don't> you?). When have they told you to expect the final results? I'm sure> you feel you probably already know the results. And in a weird way it> would almost be a relief to know what caused the fibrosis wouldn't it?I> know that's kind of what I've been going through with my probable> diagnosis of "undifferentiated connective tissue disease" or maybe> "polymyositis" or maybe "dermatomyositis" or some other

bizaare thing.> LOL> >> > Anyway, I'm glad it's over and hope you're feeling like your self> soon!> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >> >> >>