RemedySpot.com

Re: Sher-Meds and others

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Everyone would do well to search and look and spend lots of time on the needymeds site. There is disease specific help (not for PF though), medication specific, state and city specific...so much to find. For instance, I found this for Oregon:

http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/spwpd/hlth_med/rx/spdap.shtml

But that program was before Part D medicare so the good state of Oregon then passed another program too:

http://www.oregon.gov/OHPPR/OPDP/index.shtml

The second program is a discount program.

Now I don't know how well the programs work, just that there is a wealth of information and many programs, just hard to find them.

> >> > MB... I've been looking at this site and apparently, one cannot have> Rx insurance and must be UNDER 65, We do have it even tho' I'm now in> the "hole"...guess that takes care of that.> > Drats!> >> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.> > Nasturtiums> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!> >> > Sher-Meds> >> >> >> > Sher,> >> > www.needymeds.com has links to most of the different manufacturers for> their various programs for low or no cost meds for those who need them.> I've been able to get my meds through a couple of these programs.> >> > Hope that helps.> >> >> >> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >>

Guest guest

Thanks Bruce. Needymeds.com as you say, has a HUGE amount of information and can require some patience to wade through it but it can be worthwhile. Needymeds.com is not a program itself it's just a source of many many programs to help with the cost of prescriptions. Everything from free meds from manufacturers to discount cards (like TogetherRx) to state run programs.

The Caring Voice Coalition put me in touch with needymeds originally and I've been getting my two most expensive meds at no charge from the manufacturers. It can work!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Sher-Meds> >> >> >> > Sher,> >> > www.needymeds. com has links to most of the different manufacturers for> their various programs for low or no cost meds for those who need them.> I've been able to get my meds through a couple of these programs.> >> > Hope that helps.> >> >> >> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >>

Guest guest

Beth

Well, I hadn't been there until just now but went through the site many

different ways and was amazed. I think so many programs were developed

before Part D and that throws some of them for a loop. It's just like

Walgreen's low cost prescription plan. You're ineligible if you have

Part D.

> > >

> > > MB... I've been looking at this site and apparently, one cannot

have

> > Rx insurance and must be UNDER 65, We do have it even tho' I'm now

in

> > the " hole " ...guess that takes care of that.

> > > Drats!

> > >

> > > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > > Nasturtiums

> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > >

> > > Sher-Meds

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Sher,

> > >

> > > www.needymeds. com has links to most of the different

manufacturers for

> > their various programs for low or no cost meds for those who need

them.

> > I've been able to get my meds through a couple of these programs.

> > >

> > > Hope that helps.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Beth

> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

> > >

> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Well Bruce, bless your little pointed head. How nice of you to do this research. I'll check them out in a min. I'm signing off for today. More tomorrow.

I did call my BCBS and after much conversation she referred me to SS low income but we still don't qualify because we "make too much money". We do happen to have a little more than the min: $29k and change...in assets. I'm tired for today. DAMNIT DAMNIT DAMNIT.

We don't have enough to take care of ourselves and we have to much to qualify for "help".

This is a situation any of you can find yourselves in later on.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher-Meds> >> >> >> > Sher,> >> > www.needymeds.com has links to most of the different manufacturers for> their various programs for low or no cost meds for those who need them.> I've been able to get my meds through a couple of these programs.> >> > Hope that helps.> >> >> >> > Beth> > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> >> > Change everything. Love and Forgive> >>

Guest guest

Sher

Oh, I'm very familiar with the situation. I'm fortunate to still be

getting some private disability but it definitely makes me ineligible

for many things and of course its all taxable and makes my social

security partly taxable. It means no drug programs for me and ineligible

for all senior apartment complexes in this area. So, ultimately, I'm

better off but not that much. Now, if I do make it to 65 against all

odds, then I'm exactly where you and others are.

> > >

> > > MB... I've been looking at this site and apparently, one cannot

have

> > Rx insurance and must be UNDER 65, We do have it even tho' I'm now

in

> > the " hole " ...guess that takes care of that.

> > > Drats!

> > >

> > > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > > Nasturtiums

> > > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> > >

> > > Sher-Meds

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Sher,

> > >

> > > www.needymeds.com has links to most of the different manufacturers

for

> > their various programs for low or no cost meds for those who need

them.

> > I've been able to get my meds through a couple of these programs.

> > >

> > > Hope that helps.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Beth

> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

> > >

> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce...did you see the little icon in my post? They don't show in a reply back...it explains the "pointed head" reference. lol.

I'm so very glad you are where you are and I know you still must juggle and be somewhat careful to protect future years.

This very conversation is why I advocated for seniors, for many years of my life.

We thought we "had enough to do us" our home was almost paid for and then life/illness happened and our home became El Rancho Costa Plenty when we had to hire work done that we used to do... high medical bills for both of us...we lost over 50k in the stock market. The same story I watched other seniors go through.

I think what gripes me the most is the loss of dignity when we try and get help...3-4 hours filling out forms and talking and waiting and talking to someone else and waiting and then to be told "you don't qualify, you make too much money". They know those tables within the first 15 minutes! We walk away being made to feel like we were trying to 'scam' the system.

Well, the way it is is the way it is. So I will pull myself back into being grateful for what we have. There are those who do not have what WE have.

Guess I needed to get that frustration out.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Sher-Meds> > >> > >> > >> > > Sher,> > >> > > www.needymeds.com has links to most of the different manufacturersfor> > their various programs for low or no cost meds for those who needthem.> > I've been able to get my meds through a couple of these programs.> > >> > > Hope that helps.> > >> > >> > >> > > Beth> > > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08> > >> > > Change everything. Love and Forgive> > >> >>