RemedySpot.com

Re: Clubbing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Jack... the site brings up a long list of options. To what do you refer?

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Clubbing

Until I joined this group, I always thought of clubbing as something Paris Hilton does. Life changes, doesn't it?

Anyway, an article on clubbing was brought to my attention by a friend. The link is below. Although I lack any understanding of the subject, the conclusion seemed significant enough to post it.

"Digital clubbing significantly influences the registrations of the Sp02 measurements by means of a fingertip probe, underestimating the saturation. It can be advised to use the ear sensor as a good alternative for these patients."

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1569 Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Guest guest

I didn't call it up. The friend who called it to my attention had located it and gave me the info.

I will see if I can get it for you. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Clubbing

Until I joined this group, I always thought of clubbing as something Paris Hilton does. Life changes, doesn't it?

Anyway, an article on clubbing was brought to my attention by a friend. The link is below. Although I lack any understanding of the subject, the conclusion seemed significant enough to post it.

"Digital clubbing significantly influences the registrations of the Sp02 measurements by means of a fingertip probe, underestimating the saturation. It can be advised to use the ear sensor as a good alternative for these patients."

http://linkinghub. elsevier. com/retrieve/ pii/S1569 Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Guest guest

I think I left out some numbers. Here's the site again. It takes me directly to the article.

http://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S1569199306000282

Good luck.

Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Clubbing

http://linkinghub. elsevier. com/retrieve/ pii/S1569 Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Guest guest

Jack... this site is for cystic fibrosis...perhaps the info applies to us.....?

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Clubbing

Guest guest

Clubbing is clubbing. The fact that this article is written regarding CF patients isn't really important. It can be a symptom of many cardiac and pulmonary diseases. The article is interesting in that is says that when you have digital clubbing sometimes an oxymeter reading isn't accurate. According to this information it underestimates our oxygenation. In other words our sats may be higher than they appear to be, that the clubbing distorts the reading we get on our oxymeters.

Personally if I had clubbing I would go on using my oxymeter and not worry overly about any possible discrepency caused by the clubbing. The oxymeter is still going to give me a very good idea of what my sats are and whether I'm getting enough oxygen. Those who have clubbing would be in a better position to comment on this than I. Do your doctors use a fingertip oxymeter to check your sats or do they take a reading on your earlobe or elsewhere?

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Clubbing

Guest guest

I'm much too ignorant to know, but I thought it was information that those who have clubbing would want to discuss with their doctors. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Clubbing

Guest guest

MB... yes, I rather thought clubbing is clubbing. My drs use the oximeter to check sats. I never even thought of clubbing/oximeter....something new all the time.

Clubbing

Guest guest

Jack----I think I will just keep chewing on my finger nails then I won't have any issues

with clubbing or my oximeter---what do you think?

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ

Guest guest

Well, , my Mama chewed her nails and it wasn't pretty. With a naughty boy like me as a son, I guess she had good reason to chew them. I say if you're vain, don't chew them. If you aren't vain, chew them. I also recommend that you check with your wife first. Marital harmony must take priority over all other issues. Especially if you need a caretaker. Jack79/IPF - UIP/dx06/05 Maine

Re: Clubbing

Jack----I think I will just keep chewing on my finger nails then I won't have any issues

with clubbing or my oximeter---what do you think?

G. UIP/IPF 5/07 AZ