RemedySpot.com

Oneness

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What Oneness Means to Me

I was thinking today of what Oneness means to me. Feeling One with All that is. With every person, rock, lightning bolt and or wave of the hand. The ripple effect some call it. If I wave my hand, the ripple may be small but if I teach a child how to read, the ripple may be very large indeed. The rock, what does it add to life. Maybe it is a stone on which to build or maybe it lines a beautiful garden that gives joy to many, or maybe it is used to wash someones clothes. or to throw at someone. When we feel joy we are capable of many miracles, capable of seeing miracles all around us, capable of helping others see miracles all around them. How about a lightning bolt? Will it bring you great joy to witness it or will it remind you to get inside out of the storm so that you will not get struck by the next one. Either way its good. The wave of a hand? Is it saying goodbye or hello, or just telling someone to leave you alone. Anyway you look at it, it has an effect that is far reaching.

What about our thoughts. Does what we think have an effect on the things and people around us. I believe that I am one with all and so every thought I harbour has an effect. I use the word harbour because it is not every thought we think that has such a deep effect, but the thoughts we harbour (take in and make our own). If I think that someone is a loser, do they become just a bit more of a loser? I think so. And if I think that my neighbor is delightful, do they become just a bit more delightful? If I think that I am less than I should be, does that effect my day? Of course it does. It is popular to think that if we keep our thoughts to ourselves they do not have an effect. It is also popular to think that I am just one person, there is nothing I can do. One person can teach another to read and then they can teach another, and then they can teach another. One person can send another a website where you can oneclick and raise money for many charities, and then before you know it millions of people are oneclicking. One person can reach out a hand and help someone on their feet and that person may help many others onto their feet, as in a 12 step program.

So what are you harbouring? What are you taking into your heart? Is it compassion, joy, or malice? Do we see others as victims of their situations and therefore help them stay victims. Or do we see people in adversity who can rise above their circumstance with just a gentle helping hand. Do we believe in them, and in ourselves?

I believe that we can change how we think and what we harbour in our hearts. We must ask Creator to help us ever be on guard against harbouring harmful thoughts. I promise you that Creator will help you with this. I have kind of a silly way of doing this. Whenever I think a harmful thought, I have a little saying Incorrect thinking, incorrect thinking, back up, back up :>) It works for me.

Find what works for you, for we have a great responsibility to be a light unto this world. Everything we do effects someone or something. What one thing can you do today?

In Lak'ech Ala K'in, Cheryl(translation: In Lak'ech Ala K'in -You Are My Other Self)In Lak'ech Ala K'in - the Living Code of the Heart | Spirit Libraryvisit me at: www.myspace.com/senegalady May we learn to benefit the life of Earth with peace, humble in our needs,

and generous in our giving.Joanne SunshowerGet trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.