RemedySpot.com

Re: CATARACT SURGERY - A NO GO !!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lou...I know you must be disappointed that nothing more will be done on your left eye. What a bummer. Guess we'll just have trust the Dr all the way 'cause you sure don't want any MORE trouble with that eye.

Hopefully the right cataract can be removed and you will have good vision in one eye.

Your Earl sounds like my Rich. He would do the same thing and never complain or get irritable and I don't even cook that much! lol.

All the things you mention may be a big deal to "normal" people but I just look right past it all to the inside and there you are beautiful, thoughtful, kind and considerate.

Thank you for your prayers. Today is better and scan is Friday. I can make it ok.

Isn't Jack a doll? What a tender thing for a man to say to a woman.

I love you too.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

CATARACT SURGERY - A NO GO !!!!

HI THERE:RIGHT NOW my eyes are dilated and I guess after crying all the way home from the eye surgeons office, he is NOT going to perform surgery on my left eye. He said it wouldn't do any good and will never get any better and it is way too dangerous, as once I have had the detached retinal surgery I had, and then the cataract surgery, too many things could go wrong and infection could set in and that would not only cause blindness in the eye but the pulmonary fibrosis would take A STAND, if you know what I mean. So no more surgery, no more doctors, tomorrow I am going to drive. Look out world!!! He said I could and just be careful. Lots of folks out there drive with one eye. Going to go to the store tomorrow and buy an eye patch, and when Earl comes home from work tomorrow night, he will see "A Pirate In The Kitchen" cooking his mush. HAHAHA I guess life is funny, huh? He also said I have a cataract starting in my RIGHT EYE. OMG !! What next? Blindness. They say PF causes blindness, and cataracts, etc. I am getting them, aren't I? Weight gain, thin skin, moon face, moon butt, black and blue marks all over my body from the disease, can't see, plastic tubing across my face and everyone still love me, must be my cooking??????????????? yup, that's it!!! lol Earl waited in the dr. office for almost 2 hrs. (with appt too), he didn't get to go get his Zpak from the pharmacy until this moment. The dr. put him on zpak for the bad summer cold because he doesn't want to infect me if he has an infection. Such is life, huh? Then he waited 2 more hrs. in my drs. office with me, What a man !!!I still am happy, loved, and have all of you loving me too. How much more could I possibly be Blessed. I have such a good man taking care of me. He stays with me only because he likes my cooking. Believe me, 30 years of my cooking and everyone looks great. lolBetter go now.I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VAIPF '02--------------------------------------------------------------------Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

Guest guest

Lou

Sorry I don't remember but are you on prednisone? Certainly many of the

symptoms you describe sound like its side effects far more than things

normally caused by PF.

>

> HI THERE:

> RIGHT NOW my eyes are dilated and I guess after crying all the way

> home from the eye surgeons office, he is NOT going to perform surgery

> on my left eye. He said it wouldn't do any good and will never get

> any better and it is way too dangerous, as once I have had the

> detached retinal surgery I had, and then the cataract surgery, too

> many things could go wrong and infection could set in and that would

> not only cause blindness in the eye but the pulmonary fibrosis would

> take A STAND, if you know what I mean. So no more surgery, no more

> doctors, tomorrow I am going to drive. Look out world!!! He said I

> could and just be careful. Lots of folks out there drive with one

> eye. Going to go to the store tomorrow and buy an eye patch, and

> when Earl comes home from work tomorrow night, he will see " A Pirate

> In The Kitchen " cooking his mush. HAHAHA

>

> I guess life is funny, huh? He also said I have a cataract starting

> in my RIGHT EYE. OMG !! What next? Blindness. They say PF causes

> blindness, and cataracts, etc. I am getting them, aren't I? Weight

> gain, thin skin, moon face, moon butt, black and blue marks all over

> my body from the disease, can't see, plastic tubing across my face

> and everyone still love me, must be my cooking??????????????? yup,

> that's it!!! lol

>

> Earl waited in the dr. office for almost 2 hrs. (with appt too), he

> didn't get to go get his Zpak from the pharmacy until this moment.

> The dr. put him on zpak for the bad summer cold because he doesn't

> want to infect me if he has an infection. Such is life, huh? Then

> he waited 2 more hrs. in my drs. office with me, What a man !!!

>

> I still am happy, loved, and have all of you loving me too. How much

> more could I possibly be Blessed. I have such a good man taking care

> of me. He stays with me only because he likes my cooking. Believe

> me, 30 years of my cooking and everyone looks great. lol

>

> Better go now.

>

> I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!

> HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!

> MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VA

> IPF '02

>

>

>

>

>

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------

> ----------

> Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene

> in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

>

Guest guest

Lou I'm just So sorry to hear this news. You've always approached your situation with such a great outlook it just is NOT fair!

As usual you see humour in your story & you KNOW you are loved by your hubby & by us!

You're a Beudie Bottla m'dear & I have a WICKED vision of you in the Kitchen! Very ny Depp's mistress sorta 'Come n' Get me' energy!

lots of love & support from

in Oz>> HI THERE:> RIGHT NOW my eyes are dilated and I guess after crying all the way > home from the eye surgeons office, he is NOT going to perform surgery > on my left eye. He said it wouldn't do any good and will never get > any better and it is way too dangerous, as once I have had the > detached retinal surgery I had, and then the cataract surgery, too > many things could go wrong and infection could set in and that would > not only cause blindness in the eye but the pulmonary fibrosis would > take A STAND, if you know what I mean. So no more surgery, no more > doctors, tomorrow I am going to drive. Look out world!!! He said I > could and just be careful. Lots of folks out there drive with one > eye. Going to go to the store tomorrow and buy an eye patch, and > when Earl comes home from work tomorrow night, he will see "A Pirate > In The Kitchen" cooking his mush. HAHAHA > > I guess life is funny, huh? He also said I have a cataract starting > in my RIGHT EYE. OMG !! What next? Blindness. They say PF causes > blindness, and cataracts, etc. I am getting them, aren't I? Weight > gain, thin skin, moon face, moon butt, black and blue marks all over > my body from the disease, can't see, plastic tubing across my face > and everyone still love me, must be my cooking??????????????? yup, > that's it!!! lol > > Earl waited in the dr. office for almost 2 hrs. (with appt too), he > didn't get to go get his Zpak from the pharmacy until this moment. > The dr. put him on zpak for the bad summer cold because he doesn't > want to infect me if he has an infection. Such is life, huh? Then > he waited 2 more hrs. in my drs. office with me, What a man !!!> > I still am happy, loved, and have all of you loving me too. How much > more could I possibly be Blessed. I have such a good man taking care > of me. He stays with me only because he likes my cooking. Believe > me, 30 years of my cooking and everyone looks great. lol> > Better go now.> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!> HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!> MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VA> IPF '02> > > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------> ----------> Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene > in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!>

Guest guest

HI, Bruce and :

Thanks for your kind words. I was taking 30mg prednisone daily for

quite a few months, then down to 20mg, the last month 15mg, and I

feel great. About not being totally able to see anything but a big

blur on the tv, or looking at people, at least on the typing, I can

see ok, I make myself see ALL of you because you all are so special.

And yes, Bruce, the Pred. has taken its toll on my " bod " .

That's " LIFE IN THE FAST LANE " . I really don't mind not having the

surgery and commend the surgeon for his decision. He was wise to do

that, being very concerned about the situation and such.

, you are 2 funny, and thanks for your ny Depp. Cutesy!!!!!

I will probably always keep my sense of humor as that is why I

usually feel so good all the time. I am not going to let my health

or situation or condition get me down. O no! I have had a lot of

disappointments and surgeries in my life and also living with not so

nice people, but I try to move on and just have fun no matter what

comes along. Most people don't understand it, but apparently, I was

blessed as a young girl to have Jesus in my heart, and I give total

applause to HIM. It hurts my heart when I read about you all not

feeling well and having a lot of pain. Wish I could take it all

away. When I pass someday, I will personally ask God to please take

all your pain away for you ALL>

I LOVE YOU THIS DAY!!

HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!

MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VA

IPF '02

> >

> > HI THERE:

> > RIGHT NOW my eyes are dilated and I guess after crying all the way

> > home from the eye surgeons office, he is NOT going to perform

surgery

> > on my left eye. He said it wouldn't do any good and will never get

> > any better and it is way too dangerous, as once I have had the

> > detached retinal surgery I had, and then the cataract surgery, too

> > many things could go wrong and infection could set in and that

would

> > not only cause blindness in the eye but the pulmonary fibrosis

would

> > take A STAND, if you know what I mean. So no more surgery, no more

> > doctors, tomorrow I am going to drive. Look out world!!! He said I

> > could and just be careful. Lots of folks out there drive with one

> > eye. Going to go to the store tomorrow and buy an eye patch, and

> > when Earl comes home from work tomorrow night, he will see " A

Pirate

> > In The Kitchen " cooking his mush. HAHAHA

> >

> > I guess life is funny, huh? He also said I have a cataract

starting

> > in my RIGHT EYE. OMG !! What next? Blindness. They say PF causes

> > blindness, and cataracts, etc. I am getting them, aren't I? Weight

> > gain, thin skin, moon face, moon butt, black and blue marks all

over

> > my body from the disease, can't see, plastic tubing across my face

> > and everyone still love me, must be my cooking??????????????? yup,

> > that's it!!! lol

> >

> > Earl waited in the dr. office for almost 2 hrs. (with appt too),

he

> > didn't get to go get his Zpak from the pharmacy until this moment.

> > The dr. put him on zpak for the bad summer cold because he doesn't

> > want to infect me if he has an infection. Such is life, huh? Then

> > he waited 2 more hrs. in my drs. office with me, What a man !!!

> >

> > I still am happy, loved, and have all of you loving me too. How

much

> > more could I possibly be Blessed. I have such a good man taking

care

> > of me. He stays with me only because he likes my cooking. Believe

> > me, 30 years of my cooking and everyone looks great. lol

> >

> > Better go now.

> >

> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!

> > HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!

> > MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VA

> > IPF '02

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > ------------------------------------------------------------------

----

> > ----------

> > Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music

scene

> > in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

> >

>

Guest guest

Lou,

You are my hero!!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Re: CATARACT SURGERY - A NO GO !!!!

HI, Bruce and :Thanks for your kind words. I was taking 30mg prednisone daily for quite a few months, then down to 20mg, the last month 15mg, and I feel great. About not being totally able to see anything but a big blur on the tv, or looking at people, at least on the typing, I can see ok, I make myself see ALL of you because you all are so special. And yes, Bruce, the Pred. has taken its toll on my "bod". That's "LIFE IN THE FAST LANE". I really don't mind not having the surgery and commend the surgeon for his decision. He was wise to do that, being very concerned about the situation and such., you are 2 funny, and thanks for your ny Depp. Cutesy!!!!! I will probably always keep my sense of humor as that is why I usually feel so good all the time. I am not going to let my health or situation or condition get me down. O no! I have had a lot of disappointments and surgeries in

my life and also living with not so nice people, but I try to move on and just have fun no matter what comes along. Most people don't understand it, but apparently, I was blessed as a young girl to have Jesus in my heart, and I give total applause to HIM. It hurts my heart when I read about you all not feeling well and having a lot of pain. Wish I could take it all away. When I pass someday, I will personally ask God to please take all your pain away for you ALL>I LOVE YOU THIS DAY!!HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VAIPF '02> >> > HI THERE:> > RIGHT NOW my eyes are dilated and I guess after crying all the way> > home from the eye surgeons office, he is NOT going to perform surgery> > on my left eye. He said it wouldn't do any good and will never get> > any better and it is way too dangerous, as once I have had the> > detached retinal surgery I had, and then the cataract surgery, too> > many things could go wrong and infection could set in and that would> > not only cause blindness in the eye but the

pulmonary fibrosis would> > take A STAND, if you know what I mean. So no more surgery, no more> > doctors, tomorrow I am going to drive. Look out world!!! He said I> > could and just be careful. Lots of folks out there drive with one> > eye. Going to go to the store tomorrow and buy an eye patch, and> > when Earl comes home from work tomorrow night, he will see "A Pirate> > In The Kitchen" cooking his mush. HAHAHA> >> > I guess life is funny, huh? He also said I have a cataract starting> > in my RIGHT EYE. OMG !! What next? Blindness. They say PF causes> > blindness, and cataracts, etc. I am getting them, aren't I? Weight> > gain, thin skin, moon face, moon butt, black and blue marks all over> > my body from the disease, can't see, plastic tubing across my face> > and everyone still love me, must be my

cooking????? ????????? ? yup,> > that's it!!! lol> >> > Earl waited in the dr. office for almost 2 hrs. (with appt too), he> > didn't get to go get his Zpak from the pharmacy until this moment.> > The dr. put him on zpak for the bad summer cold because he doesn't> > want to infect me if he has an infection. Such is life, huh? Then> > he waited 2 more hrs. in my drs. office with me, What a man !!!> >> > I still am happy, loved, and have all of you loving me too. How much> > more could I possibly be Blessed. I have such a good man taking care> > of me. He stays with me only because he likes my cooking. Believe> > me, 30 years of my cooking and everyone looks great. lol> >> > Better go now.> >> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!> > HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!> > MARY LOU (74)

RICHMOND VA> > IPF '02> >> >> >> >> >> > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----> > ----------> > Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene> > in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!> >>

Guest guest

Yeah, Lou, you are a special person and this is totally not fair!! You always find a bright side to the darkest moment and that is what makes you so special!! Love ya lots!!

AHOY MATIES!!CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Re: CATARACT SURGERY - A NO GO !!!!To: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, July 9, 2008, 10:29 PM

Lou I'm just So sorry to hear this news. You've always approached your situation with such a great outlook it just is NOT fair!

As usual you see humour in your story & you KNOW you are loved by your hubby & by us!

You're a Beudie Bottla m'dear & I have a WICKED vision of you in the Kitchen! Very ny Depp's mistress sorta 'Come n' Get me' energy!

lots of love & support from

in Oz>> HI THERE:> RIGHT NOW my eyes are dilated and I guess after crying all the way > home from the eye surgeons office, he is NOT going to perform surgery > on my left eye. He said it wouldn't do any good and will never get > any better and it is way too dangerous, as once I have had the > detached retinal surgery I had, and then the cataract surgery, too > many things could go wrong and infection could set in and that would > not only cause blindness in the eye but the pulmonary fibrosis would > take A STAND, if you know what I mean. So no more surgery, no more > doctors, tomorrow I am going to drive. Look out world!!! He said I > could and just be careful. Lots of folks out there drive with one > eye. Going to

go to the store tomorrow and buy an eye patch, and > when Earl comes home from work tomorrow night, he will see "A Pirate > In The Kitchen" cooking his mush. HAHAHA > > I guess life is funny, huh? He also said I have a cataract starting > in my RIGHT EYE. OMG !! What next? Blindness. They say PF causes > blindness, and cataracts, etc. I am getting them, aren't I? Weight > gain, thin skin, moon face, moon butt, black and blue marks all over > my body from the disease, can't see, plastic tubing across my face > and everyone still love me, must be my cooking????? ????????? ? yup, > that's it!!! lol > > Earl waited in the dr. office for almost 2 hrs. (with appt too), he > didn't get to go get his Zpak from the pharmacy until this moment. > The dr. put him on zpak for the bad summer cold because he doesn't > want to infect me if he has an infection. Such

is life, huh? Then > he waited 2 more hrs. in my drs. office with me, What a man !!!> > I still am happy, loved, and have all of you loving me too. How much > more could I possibly be Blessed. I have such a good man taking care > of me. He stays with me only because he likes my cooking. Believe > me, 30 years of my cooking and everyone looks great. lol> > Better go now.> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!> HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!> MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VA> IPF '02> > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----> ----------> Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music scene > in your area - Check out TourTracker. com!>

Guest guest

Lou,

I applaud your attitude , you have immense courage in the midst of

so much sorrow and problems, it is so nice that you have a loving

husband, God is looking after you!

You are an inspiration to us.

> > >

> > > HI THERE:

> > > RIGHT NOW my eyes are dilated and I guess after crying all the

way

> > > home from the eye surgeons office, he is NOT going to perform

> surgery

> > > on my left eye. He said it wouldn't do any good and will never

get

> > > any better and it is way too dangerous, as once I have had the

> > > detached retinal surgery I had, and then the cataract surgery,

too

> > > many things could go wrong and infection could set in and that

> would

> > > not only cause blindness in the eye but the pulmonary fibrosis

> would

> > > take A STAND, if you know what I mean. So no more surgery, no

more

> > > doctors, tomorrow I am going to drive. Look out world!!! He

said I

> > > could and just be careful. Lots of folks out there drive with

one

> > > eye. Going to go to the store tomorrow and buy an eye patch,

and

> > > when Earl comes home from work tomorrow night, he will see " A

> Pirate

> > > In The Kitchen " cooking his mush. HAHAHA

> > >

> > > I guess life is funny, huh? He also said I have a cataract

> starting

> > > in my RIGHT EYE. OMG !! What next? Blindness. They say PF

causes

> > > blindness, and cataracts, etc. I am getting them, aren't I?

Weight

> > > gain, thin skin, moon face, moon butt, black and blue marks

all

> over

> > > my body from the disease, can't see, plastic tubing across my

face

> > > and everyone still love me, must be my cooking???????????????

yup,

> > > that's it!!! lol

> > >

> > > Earl waited in the dr. office for almost 2 hrs. (with appt

too),

> he

> > > didn't get to go get his Zpak from the pharmacy until this

moment.

> > > The dr. put him on zpak for the bad summer cold because he

doesn't

> > > want to infect me if he has an infection. Such is life, huh?

Then

> > > he waited 2 more hrs. in my drs. office with me, What a man !!!

> > >

> > > I still am happy, loved, and have all of you loving me too.

How

> much

> > > more could I possibly be Blessed. I have such a good man

taking

> care

> > > of me. He stays with me only because he likes my cooking.

Believe

> > > me, 30 years of my cooking and everyone looks great. lol

> > >

> > > Better go now.

> > >

> > > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY !!

> > > HEAVEN IS IN THE NEXT ROOM !!

> > > MARY LOU (74) RICHMOND VA

> > > IPF '02

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > ---------------------------------------------------------------

---

> ----

> > > ----------

> > > Get the scoop on last night's hottest shows and the live music

> scene

> > > in your area - Check out TourTracker.com!

> > >

> >

>