RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Have a Good weekend All!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

thank you Joyce,

God Bless you too! My sister didn't want to volunteer herself....even when she saw it for

the first time, she refused to look at the PICC Line. When I was younger, I used to take the

temperature of my family, check them for low blood sugar, listen to their chest with a stethoscope,

take their vital signs etc...my sister would run away my mom had no choice because she knew if I didn't

do it, I would do while she was preparing to go to bed lol!

My sister, would shout get away from me! and my would say "don't bug your sister"

Hugs Irene

Re: Have a Good weekend All!

Irene,

The Auqua Guard is not the thin plastic covering that is on as a sterile dressing. It is a separate thick square that fits over that so that it does not get wet. But, when my line was in my arm, I just used plastic wrap....like Glad Wrap or Saran Wrap. Worked great. It is more difficult on my chest.

We do our dresing ourselves because I have my husband here to help. The nurses trained him and my daughter how to do the sterile bandage. It is pretty technical. Easy to get infected evidently. Take all the help you can get!

God bless you and keep you. Better health ahead!

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hi All....> Today we had our first heat wave of the summer. It was 33 degrees celcius (90 F) and it felt like > 40 degrees celcius (100+ F).> I stayed inside with the A/C on all day with the blinds closed, rested had a few bites there and there > with food. My home care nurse, ouch ouch, when she was removing the transparent dressing,

flushing > the lines that was the best part no ouch ouch.> I did take a nap, this afternoon... .this morning the phone kept on waking me up....first the home care nurse > calls at 9:30am, I called her back...I go back to sleep...iIget a call, I though it was my mom, so in my humourous> way I say Hello, I hear I voice back mimicking my Hello...so back and forth, we're exchanging Hello's until, she> says, who she wants to speak...> I told her you have the wrong number. I hang up the phone and it rings again, I thought it was her again...I say Hello > and it was my sister and she paused for about 2 seconds, and says to me are you alright I say yeah!...Then I just > said let me call my mom since I'm right awake.> I'm very tired, with headaches almost every day and fever practically every day. It's not cause by the A/C because it's> the second time I have opened it and the

headaches started before that. I'm not sure if it has to do with my Hemoglobin > being low.> Joyce, I told my nurse about changing the dressing and flushing the IV lines on my PICC line on my own...she said NO> because it's going to be difficult for one person to do it...everything has to be steriled, including the area were I'm going > to use, with everything I'm going to need and also having to use sterile gloves. I do help her, but I need to be careful not to> touch the sterile area....> I told her about the Aqua Guard and she said "that's the transparent dressing I have on, to protect the PICC Line from> getting infected or coming out ouch! She told to me use plastic garbage bags (green or black), not the ones I've been using > (plastic bags)...not the ones I bring back after being grocery shopping etc...> So I'll use the ones she told me....next time I shower.> Hugs Irene>

PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07> Crohn's Disease 03/95> Canada> > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________> Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new Yahoo! Mail: http://ca.promos. yahoo.com/ newmail/overview 2/>

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail