RemedySpot.com

RE: Mango Man surgery

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mike my prayers are with you. With your great attidude things will go well. Let us know.

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Re: Falling / JaneDate: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 18:07:47 -0700 (PDT)

Bruce speaks wisely as usual. I have had between 15-20 surgeries in my life - so many I have lost count. But after each and every one of them, I worked vigorously to bring about healing as quickly as I could - to put the ailment behind me as if it never happened. Besides the IPF of which I have no control over, I have other one other existing condition which I must deal now with since I was approved for a transplant listing. I have had a paralyzed diaphragm in the up position for over 20 years and amazingly my body was able to cope by making just a few adjustments. During that time span several organs in my body were displaced. My heart moved to the right side of my body (freaks doctors out all the time for they can find it on the left), my stomach is located where the lower half of my left lung should be and my esophagus is all twisted about to the point each time I've had an endoscopy, doctors were freaked out again as they thought I had this gargantuan hiatel hernia that would require emergency surgery. Yet with all this I have done just fine - until the IPF of course. Now I have been told this paralyzed diaphragm could pose a significant risk to a successful lung transplant should that day arrive. As a result, I am scheduled to have the diaphragm (plication) repaired at the Univ of Wisconsin Madison the 10th of this month. It will put the exercising on hold right now as my wife and I (along with my oxygen tanks) have gotten into a routine of weight training and treadmill 5-6 days a week. You can count on me to get out of that bed and into an exercise clinic as soon as I can as I try to put yet one more surgery behind me. It is like Bruce says. You have to do everything in your power to keep your ailments limited and to fight this monster every step of the way.

Would appreciate any prayers you good people could send my way this week. I will do my best not let you down!

Mike