RemedySpot.com

Hi everyone I am newly diagonsed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everybody - I just joined this community this morning. I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is , 22 years old, I live in Ohio. I am a T-cell Non-hodgkins Lymphoma survivor for 2 years now. I went through chemotherapy and also a autologus bone marrow transplant in 2006 (it's almost my second birthday for my transplant :) . Ever since my transplant I had trouble breathing, in 2007 I had fluid build up and my lungs partially collapsed, so my doctors placed chest tubes to re-expand my lungs/drain fluid. Things were going okay until this year (around 8 months later) when the shortness of breath came back with a vengence and with a sharp chest pain. I was placed on inhalers at first, saying it was asthma. But it got to the point where the pain felt like I had a semi truck running over my lungs constantly. I had to get a CT scan to check for cancer remission and it picked up some fibrosis and partial lung collapse (cancer still in remission). This last monday, I was following up with the doctor that had placed the chest tubes last year, he told me it would be useless to open me up for that. He sent me down to the ER due to my shortness of breath and heart rate, I was admitted for a week. I found out I had pulmonary fibrosis (it was caused by chemotherapy) but there isn't much they can do for me at the moment. Steroids wouldn't do a thing just like the tubes wouldn'tve. Got sent home with oxygen and new scripts for inhalers and also pain patches, they only gave me three this pain is horriable...I'll need more I dunno how the dr thinks I can handle it. I didn't get to much into detail, there's more but I did the short version. ^_^;