RemedySpot.com

Re: Hot tub

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hot tub sounds good but....

I think you'll find your pulmonologist will discourage its use. Amazing

how every new doctor asked if I'd been in a hot tub.

That points out another thing and that is in this area we've had major

problems with a public lake and a public pool with cryptosporidiosis.

There have been over 123 cases in this area this summer. Health and

Human Services is recommending that anyone with suppressed immune

systems avoid swimming in public pools or using water parks.

Thats just a warning to us all to take care and if you have any strange

feeling or thing to happen after a pool or hot tub to immediately get

medical attention.

>

> We can recommend a nice Motel w/pool and hot tub in Rockaway Beach.

Clean and well kept. Upstairs or down. Close beach access. Also little

kitchen w/stuff to use and coffee pot and so on.

> Winter rates beg 10/01. Kitchen w/ 2bedrooms (1 bath) both Queen beds

for $92 + tax. Two Qbeds in the same room are $78 + tax. May 20th is

Summer rates.

> K/Q/Q $146 and Q/Q $126.

> Their number is 1-.

> You can also go on

> www.rockawaybeach.com

> then click on OR.

> There are lots of places to rent there and also Oceanside.

> Just send me a check for the travel arrangements. hahahahaahha

>

> MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

> Nasturtiums

> Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

>

> Hello from St. Louis!!!

>

>

>

> Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant

lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am now

going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30

mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation

number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is " B "

positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has

that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only " B " type here at

-Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis

is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the

Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to

keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest area

and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant

receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told to

except bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind blowing.

The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Even

the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good

donuts last friday. So to all I say " Keep the faith and stay the course " !

In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your

happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS

>

Guest guest

Bruce,

I understand your point but my experience is somewhat different from yours with regard to my pulmos advice. All three of the pulmos that I've seen since my diagnosis have recommended that I find a way to swim. Last summer in NY I swam regularly in the municipal pools in my town. This summer I'm swimming at least twice a week in the pool that is run by my sister's neighborhood association. I've asked about hot tubs because I've used them a couple of times since my diagnosis sick and no one has voiced an objection.

Obviously in the case of a known pathogen present in the water or if one is on prednisone or some other immune suppressent drug there is necessity for avoiding public pools but I've not ever heard of a blanket objection for people in our situation. All in all it's a risk I'm willing to take. I love to swim, it makes me happy and helps keep me cool in this NC heat. Sometimes it takes some doing to find a place to swim where I can bring my oxygen (and using it while swimming is awkward and challenging) but you know me, I'm both stubborn and determined!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Hello from St. Louis!!!>>>> Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplantlung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am nowgoing to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30mins. Not

too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocationnumber is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B"positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population hasthat. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at-Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louisis a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to theItalian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult tokeep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest areaand have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplantreceipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told toexcept bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind blowing.The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Eventhe valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very gooddonuts last friday. So to

all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"!In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of yourhappenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS>

Guest guest

Bruce,

I understand your point but my experience is somewhat different from yours with regard to my pulmos advice. All three of the pulmos that I've seen since my diagnosis have recommended that I find a way to swim. Last summer in NY I swam regularly in the municipal pools in my town. This summer I'm swimming at least twice a week in the pool that is run by my sister's neighborhood association. I've asked about hot tubs because I've used them a couple of times since my diagnosis sick and no one has voiced an objection.

Obviously in the case of a known pathogen present in the water or if one is on prednisone or some other immune suppressent drug there is necessity for avoiding public pools but I've not ever heard of a blanket objection for people in our situation. All in all it's a risk I'm willing to take. I love to swim, it makes me happy and helps keep me cool in this NC heat. Sometimes it takes some doing to find a place to swim where I can bring my oxygen (and using it while swimming is awkward and challenging) but you know me, I'm both stubborn and determined!

Beth

Hello from St. Louis!!!>>>> Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplantlung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am nowgoing to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30mins. Not

too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocationnumber is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B"positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population hasthat. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at-Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louisis a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to theItalian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult tokeep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest areaand have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplantreceipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told toexcept bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind blowing.The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Eventhe valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very gooddonuts last friday. So to

all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"!In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of yourhappenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS>

Guest guest

Beth

I didn't mean it as a " don't swim " thing but more as a get treatment

fast if anything does develop and perhaps avoid huge public facilities,

especially those around Dallas. A community or private or even hotel

pool would be safer I believe.

As to the hot tubs I'd probably say the same in that I'd get in one

owned by someone I knew kept it clean but I'd be very hesitant to get in

one at some places I've been.

So, guess it all amounts to judgement and reasonable care.

Too hot to swim outdoors here anyway....and the air is too bad right

now. Now you have me wanting a good swim.

> >

> > We can recommend a nice Motel w/pool and hot tub in Rockaway Beach.

> Clean and well kept. Upstairs or down. Close beach access. Also little

> kitchen w/stuff to use and coffee pot and so on.

> > Winter rates beg 10/01. Kitchen w/ 2bedrooms (1 bath) both Queen

beds

> for $92 + tax. Two Qbeds in the same room are $78 + tax. May 20th is

> Summer rates.

> > K/Q/Q $146 and Q/Q $126.

> > Their number is 1-.

> > You can also go on

> > www.rockawaybeach. com

> > then click on OR.

> > There are lots of places to rent there and also Oceanside.

> > Just send me a check for the travel arrangements. hahahahaahha

> >

> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > Hello from St. Louis!!!

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant

> lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am

now

> going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30

> mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation

> number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is " B "

> positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has

> that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only " B " type here at

> -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis

> is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the

> Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to

> keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest

area

> and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant

> receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told

to

> except bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind

blowing.

> The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients.

Even

> the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good

> donuts last friday. So to all I say " Keep the faith and stay the

course " !

> In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your

> happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS

> >

>

Guest guest

Bruce,

I agree completely that it pays to be HYPER-vigilant when it comes to any odd symptoms especially after swimming in a public pool or using a public gym or really at any time.

I too have seen pools and hot tubs that you couldn't pay me to get close to never mind swim in. Ick!

Sorry it's too hot to swim outside. It's really pretty brutal down there this summer. And the lousy air quality on top of it turns you into a prisoner in your own home. We had an "orange alert" day here today....lots of ozone in the air they say. I can feel it when I wake up in the morning if the air quality is lousy. Even indoors with the AC going, I can still tell. I guess that's why we are considered a "sensitive group". We're like the canaries in the coal mine!

Beth

Hello from St. Louis!!!> >> >> >> > Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant> lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and

amnow> going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30> mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation> number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B"> positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has> that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at> -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis> is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the> Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to> keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwestarea> and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant> receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm toldto> except bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mindblowing.> The

staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients.Even> the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good> donuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay thecourse"!> In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your> happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS> >>

Guest guest

Bruce .... I hadn't even thought of what you write here. I can understand the hot tub but then comes the pool too I suppose?

Geeze. NO... DAMNIT!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello from St. Louis!!!>>>> Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplantlung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am nowgoing to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocationnumber is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B"positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population hasthat. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at-Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louisis a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to theItalian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult tokeep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest areaand have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplantreceipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told toexcept bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind blowing.The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Eventhe valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very gooddonuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"!In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of yourhappenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS>

Guest guest

MB ... thanks for your opinion/experience.

This damn disease has us second-guessing nearly everything we do or want to do.

That in itself adds the stress.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello from St. Louis!!!>>>> Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplantlung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am nowgoing to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocationnumber is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B"positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population hasthat. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at-Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louisis a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to theItalian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult tokeep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest areaand have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplantreceipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told toexcept bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind blowing.The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Eventhe valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very gooddonuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"!In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of yourhappenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS>

Guest guest

Sher

Don't overreact to what I said. Most pools are safe. The large public

ones in Dallas area were not, but now they've been super chlorinated.

The major point is that if you use a pool or hot tub or under any

conditions anyway, if there is a change in your condition or something

new, see a doctor fast.

None of those of us with impaired systems can afford to just wait for

whatever hits us to go away. We need strong treatment quickly.

> >

> > We can recommend a nice Motel w/pool and hot tub in Rockaway Beach.

> Clean and well kept. Upstairs or down. Close beach access. Also little

> kitchen w/stuff to use and coffee pot and so on.

> > Winter rates beg 10/01. Kitchen w/ 2bedrooms (1 bath) both Queen

beds

> for $92 + tax. Two Qbeds in the same room are $78 + tax. May 20th is

> Summer rates.

> > K/Q/Q $146 and Q/Q $126.

> > Their number is 1-.

> > You can also go on

> > www.rockawaybeach.com

> > then click on OR.

> > There are lots of places to rent there and also Oceanside.

> > Just send me a check for the travel arrangements. hahahahaahha

> >

> > MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.

> > Nasturtiums

> > Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

> >

> > Hello from St. Louis!!!

> >

> >

> >

> > Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant

> lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am

now

> going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30

> mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation

> number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is " B "

> positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has

> that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only " B " type here at

> -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis

> is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the

> Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to

> keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest

area

> and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant

> receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told

to

> except bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind

blowing.

> The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients.

Even

> the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good

> donuts last friday. So to all I say " Keep the faith and stay the

course " !

> In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your

> happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS

> >

>