RemedySpot.com

Re: Apria

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

, was talking to our Apria guy and he told us the liquid was being discontinued a few months back.  I am just amazed. Honestly I think they will make exceptions. I pray they don't stop it. If your Dr. wrote a prescription stating the need for liquid it seems like someone would HAVE to supply it. It is so good to see a post from you. Still praying. God has been so good and brought through so much. He still has work for you to do.  I think about you and Tim and just wonder how life is for you. and I are learning different ways to get things done. I tell him and he gets it done  ..hee heeHave a great day. Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

Peggy

There was talk at one time that they would sub-contract the rare liquid

contracts required them to provide to other providers. However, I'd

personally not expect that to happen but rather to see them just force

the " take it or leave it policy. " Surely no one within Apria is going to

respond to your needs. Cigna might if pressured especially if by the

state insurance commission. Another one to possibly call is Blackstone

Group, the investment company. Maybe enough phone calls will make them

unable to ignore the issues with their acquisition. I do believe in the

power of pain and maybe they need to feel some by having to face some

calls.

>

> , was talking to our Apria guy and he told us the liquid

> was being discontinued a few months back. I am just amazed. Honestly

> I think they will make exceptions. I pray they don't stop it. If your

> Dr. wrote a prescription stating the need for liquid it seems like

> someone would HAVE to supply it.

>

> It is so good to see a post from you. Still praying. God has been so

> good and brought through so much. He still has work for you to do. I

> think about you and Tim and just wonder how life is for you. and

> I are learning different ways to get things done. I tell him and he

> gets it done ..hee hee

> Have a great day.

>

> Love and Prayers, Peggy

> IPF 2004, Florida

>

> " Worry looks around,

> Sorry looks back,

> Faith looks up. "

>

Guest guest

... I hear you loud and clear and you are facing what many of will be facing with perhaps Lincare (for me) and other providers. I'm relieved Tim (oh I hope I have the right name) is going to bat for you! I'll be watching his lead and keeping notes.

These upcoming changes could be what forces us into living with Lysa. If we have to pay out much "more" of just about any medical expense, we are going to be in deep doo-doo. Especially DME. It's expensive!

Thanks for your heads-up post.

I hope you're comfortable and breathing ok today.

Love ya,

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR./ NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Apria

Hello everyone

Just a note about Apria. You know how much trouble some of us have had with them...especially me and Joyce. Well, something new has happened.

Apria states it was a Corporate decision:

Apria will no longer provide liquid oxygen to patients. Because of the increased fuel and delivery men wages. It is not profitable for them. So, they have made the decision that if you are now on liquid oxygen, that they will replace liquid with a new concentrator which will handle high flow. That way it will not have to be refilled etc.

Here's my problem with this. Concentrated oxygen was not good enough for me. I needed and still need liquid. And, portable oxygen tanks do not go high enough or last long enough for anyone to go to the Dr., church, etc. Apria states that if you need this much oxygen, then you do not need to be leaving the house.

Well...if they think we will just let them arbitrarily make us housebound..well they need to think again. My husband will go to the local TV station, write letters and do whatever is necessary. He has already called Cigna to complain and he is writing a letter. He will also contact an attorney.

Apria said a letter will be delivered to us probably tomorrow, and will tell us how much time we have to appeal, although they do not think an appeal will do anything. As we were told. THIS IS A CORPORATE DECISION!

Apria!!!! I get so tired of fighting with them. So very tired.