RemedySpot.com

4th Annual Paddle Out

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

This past weekend, a very successful fundraiser was held in Glennie, Michigan. It was the 4th annual Paddle Out Pulmonary Fibrosis hosted by the Dery/Willacker families who have been hard hit by this disease. They've lost 8 members. Matt Dery was the host and he worked so hard to make this event a success...he was able to get Siemens Corporation on board to help support the cause.

Mike and I went up for the weekend and camped with his brothers and their families. I remember how much I LOVE camping. All that fresh air and stars....Wow...the stars were amazing. Campfire was a little rough, but I just stayed far from it. We canoed down the Au Sable River- very remote, very quiet, very beautiful. Matt actually more than doubled the amount of canoes that went out 17 last year 37 this year. As we were canoeing down the river, Mike and I were doused by some kids with water guns and we both went to retaliate and dumped the canoe. Oops. Scared the you know what out of me. My oxygen was in a dry bag (obviously my main concern) so I just held it over my head to be sure it STAYED dry and once I knew it was safe I was ok. Funny thing is the river is pretty shallow 3-5 ft in a lot of places, but not where we tipped - we couldn't stand. Figures. Unfortunately Mike lost his

prescription sunglasses and our camera was in my fanny pack so we don't have a whole lot of pics this trip.... After the canoe trip, Matt and his wife Theresa hosted a bbq. I had Mike drop me back off at the camper at 8pm. I was whooped! But it was fun and the total isn't in yet, but they are thinking they raised over 20k! They are already planning the festivities for next year - the 5th annual!

This little part of Michigan knows what pulmonary fibrosis is. And as Matt says, we have to kill this disease.

Leanne Storch

Executive Director

Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation

Leanne Storch

Executive Director

Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation

1332 N. Halsted, Suite 201

Chicago, IL 60642-2642

www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org

P

F

A cure is just a breath away