RemedySpot.com

Re: disability claims

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mike, There is a disability attorney called Michel Walkup, at WalkupLaw.com so something. Speak to him. He is disabled. You can also read about it on his web page. Only a suggestion. I have not used him. But I had lousy attorneys

for my hurricane claim. I do not have disability yet. You can consult him I believe it is free.

http://www.walkuplaw.com/hiringlawyer.html

God Bless !!

dragonflymcs

Mayleen 02/07 ILD / MCS/ Fibro/ RADS/ TMJD/ IRD +14

< Click on me !!

disability claims

Now that I have successfully completed a transplant evaluation I am interested in applying for disability. From time to time on this forum I have seen people talking about hiring lawyers to go through the process with Social Security for to do it on your own isn't all that successful. Could those of you who have worked with lawyers tell me how you found the attorneys you worked with. I'd rather insure it gets done right the first time so I don't want to run through the google search or yellow pages to find one.Mike

Guest guest

I know a lady who processes SS disability applictions here in Bangor. She said the simplest process is to submit you application, making sure you have included everything they ask for. They then review and deny it. Then, she said, hire a lawyer to submit it and they will approve it. Simple enough.

Jack

disability claims

Now that I have successfully completed a transplant evaluation I am interested in applying for disability. From time to time on this forum I have seen people talking about hiring lawyers to go through the process with Social Security for to do it on your own isn't all that successful. Could those of you who have worked with lawyers tell me how you found the attorneys you worked with. I'd rather insure it gets done right the first time so I don't want to run through the google search or yellow pages to find one.Mike

Guest guest

Hi Mike,

I'm glad that the transplant evaluation went well. I'm sure it's good to have that out of the way.

Regarding SSDI...I did not hire an attorney to help with my application. I filed in late August 2006 and was notified of the approval in February of 2007. I received a lump sum retroactive to November 2006 and have been collecting SSDI ever since. The only thing they asked of me during that process was to see one of their doctors in December of 2006.

My advice would be to first make absolutely certain that your doctor supports your application for disability 100%. Social Security depends alot on what he will tell them. The other thing is submit a copy of your medical records along with your application. It will speed things up. I sent in a copy of my biopsy report, a pft report, a list of all my medications, my O2 prescription, etc etc. The more information and documentation you give them the less they have to go digging for and the faster the process will go.

If you are denied (and that is not a given) you can then hire an attorney to file an appeal or you can file that yourself also.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

disability claims

Guest guest

>

> Now that I have successfully completed a transplant evaluation I am

> interested in applying for disability. From time to time on this

forum

> I have seen people talking about hiring lawyers to go through the

> process with Social Security for to do it on your own isn't all that

> successful. Could those of you who have worked with lawyers tell me

> how you found the attorneys you worked with. I'd rather insure it

gets

> done right the first time so I don't want to run through the google

> search or yellow pages to find one.

>

> Mike

> Sir my self I never used a lawer,but if I had I would have checked

out the Lawyers in my home town. most of them are in BB so they have

the BB ok,and through people who have used them.or go to the Lawyer

referal service in the yellow pages they can help you also. hope this

helps.

Harold Carson

Guest guest

Mike

I used GENEX services:

http://genexservices.com/ss_disability/ssda.htm

In my case they were paid by their parent company, Unum Provident, so I don't know if they are as efficient to outside clients. However, they were excellent.

Other suggestions:

1-Make sure doctors know and are on your side.

2-Gather medical records up front and provide to social security/lawyer. Follow up on any requests from social security. Doctors can delay by just not responding properly to requests.

3-Look at the charts and see how your PFT's are relative to guidelines

http://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/3.00-Respiratory-Adult.htm

4-Include all medical conditions, not just the ones you consider to by primary. List all doctors.

5-Be prepared when examined by their doctor to make sure the extent of your disability is seen and understood. Make sure you point out everything you should.

>> Hi Mike,> I'm glad that the transplant evaluation went well. I'm sure it's good to have that out of the way. > Regarding SSDI...I did not hire an attorney to help with my application. I filed in late August 2006 and was notified of the approval in February of 2007. I received a lump sum retroactive to November 2006 and have been collecting SSDI ever since. The only thing they asked of me during that process was to see one of their doctors in December of 2006. > My advice would be to first make absolutely certain that your doctor supports your application for disability 100%. Social Security depends alot on what he will tell them. The other thing is submit a copy of your medical records along with your application. It will speed things up. I sent in a copy of my biopsy report, a pft report, a list of all my medications, my O2 prescription, etc etc. The more information and documentation you give them the less they have to go digging for and the faster the process will go.> > If you are denied (and that is not a given) you can then hire an attorney to file an appeal or you can file that yourself also. Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive > > > > > > disability claims> > > Now that I have successfully completed a transplant evaluation I am > interested in applying for disability. From time to time on this forum > I have seen people talking about hiring lawyers to go through the > process with Social Security for to do it on your own isn't all that > successful. Could those of you who have worked with lawyers tell me > how you found the attorneys you worked with. I'd rather insure it gets > done right the first time so I don't want to run through the google > search or yellow pages to find one.> > Mike>

Guest guest

>

> I know a lady who processes SS disability applictions here in

Bangor. She said the simplest process is to submit you application,

making sure you have included everything they ask for. They then

review and deny it. Then, she said, hire a lawyer to submit it and

they will approve it. Simple enough.

> Jack

>

>

> disability claims

>