RemedySpot.com

Re: Tired but happy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Oh MB, I needed to hear that today.. God is indeed good. What a gift you gave all of us today. Wonderful encouragingnews.  36 pounds-- WOW now I am really impressed. As soon as I tell he'll tie me to the dreadmill...LOL Keep those numbers dropping Honey Girl.. Much Love, Many Prayers. Love and Prayers, PeggyIPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

That is excellent news Beth!!! YAY!!!! And great job on the

weight loss as well!

Your answer to was correct, the computer adjusts for the weight

difference so these results are likely quite correct with the always

present plus or minus 1 to 2%.

So happy for you!!!!

Hugs!

Babs in Texas

>

> Hi everyone!

> As you all know I had my 3 month check today at Duke. I had a PFT

the results of which really surprised me. The spirometry portion

was improved somewhat. The FVC for instance went from 55% of expected

to 59 % of expected. Nice but nothing to get too excited about. My

volumes were all well above 50% of expected. My TLC for example was

59% of expected up from 45%. Very odd.

> But most curious was my DLCO. Normally the diffusion doesn't really

improve for us, it generally only goes down. Mine went from 47% of

expected back in March to 59% of expected today. The respiratory

therepist had me do everything over and over to make sure we were

getting valid results. Needless to say I'm very happy with this. It

may be a one time thing and I could go right back down next time but

for now I'm very happy.

> Everything else was good, I've lost 36 pounds, my crackle has not

returned and Dr. on is very pleased. I don't have to go back for

4 whole months unless I run into trouble.

> After my appointment I met up with Ann from Charlotte and her

husband. She mostly lurks on the board but she got in touch with me

since she had an app't at Duke today too. So we had a nice chat over

coffee this afternoon. Her tests went really well and she sees the

doctor tomrrow. Keep your fingers crossed for her, she's nervous.

> So that's the story, I'm exhausted but relieved that I got good

news! Thanks for the support everyone!

> Beth

> Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

>

> Change everything. Love and Forgive

>

Guest guest

Thanks Babs! As long as I'm stable I'm a happy camper!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

Change everything. Love and Forgive

That is excellent news Beth!!! YAY!!!! And great job on theweight loss as well! Your answer to was correct, the computer adjusts for the weightdifference so these results are likely quite correct with the alwayspresent plus or minus 1 to 2%.So happy for you!!!!Hugs!Babs in Texas>> Hi everyone!> As you all know I had my 3 month check today at Duke. I had a PFTthe results of which really surprised me. The spirometry portionwas improved somewhat. The FVC for instance went from 55% of expectedto 59 % of expected. Nice but nothing to get too excited about. Myvolumes were all well above 50% of expected. My TLC for example was59% of expected up from 45%. Very

odd.> But most curious was my DLCO. Normally the diffusion doesn't reallyimprove for us, it generally only goes down. Mine went from 47% ofexpected back in March to 59% of expected today. The respiratorytherepist had me do everything over and over to make sure we weregetting valid results. Needless to say I'm very happy with this. Itmay be a one time thing and I could go right back down next time butfor now I'm very happy. > Everything else was good, I've lost 36 pounds, my crackle has notreturned and Dr. on is very pleased. I don't have to go back for4 whole months unless I run into trouble. > After my appointment I met up with Ann from Charlotte and herhusband. She mostly lurks on the board but she got in touch with mesince she had an app't at Duke today too. So we had a nice chat overcoffee this afternoon. Her tests went really well and she sees thedoctor tomrrow. Keep

your fingers crossed for her, she's nervous.> So that's the story, I'm exhausted but relieved that I got goodnews! Thanks for the support everyone!> Beth > Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > Change everything. Love and Forgive >

Guest guest

Thanks Peggy,

God is indeed good! I'm happy tonight and can relax a little for the moment!

Love you!

Beth

Oh MB, I needed to hear that today.. God is indeed good. What a gift you gave all of us today. Wonderful encouragin g

news. 36 pounds-- WOW now I am really impressed. As soon as I tell he'll tie me to the dreadmill... LOL

Keep those numbers dropping Honey Girl.. Much Love, Many Prayers.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

IPF 2004, Florida

"Worry looks around,

Sorry looks back,

Faith looks up."

Guest guest

MB... I just had a feeling you were going to do well! I'm so glad!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR.Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Tired but happy

Hi everyone!

As you all know I had my 3 month check today at Duke. I had a PFT the results of which really surprised me. The spirometry portion was improved somewhat. The FVC for instance went from 55% of expected to 59 % of expected. Nice but nothing to get too excited about. My volumes were all well above 50% of expected. My TLC for example was 59% of expected up from 45%. Very odd.

But most curious was my DLCO. Normally the diffusion doesn't really improve for us, it generally only goes down. Mine went from 47% of expected back in March to 59% of expected today. The respiratory therepist had me do everything over and over to make sure we were getting valid results. Needless to say I'm very happy with this. It may be a one time thing and I could go right back down next time but for now I'm very happy.

Everything else was good, I've lost 36 pounds, my crackle has not returned and Dr. on is very pleased. I don't have to go back for 4 whole months unless I run into trouble.

After my appointment I met up with Ann from Charlotte and her husband. She mostly lurks on the board but she got in touch with me since she had an app't at Duke today too. So we had a nice chat over coffee this afternoon. Her tests went really well and she sees the doctor tomrrow. Keep your fingers crossed for her, she's nervous.

So that's the story, I'm exhausted but relieved that I got good news! Thanks for the support everyone!

Beth

Guest guest

That is great news. I am very happy for you. What an accomplishment

36lbs is awesome. I cant seem to quit eating this week.

IPF 2/07 IL

>

> Hi everyone!

> As you all know I had my 3 month check today at Duke. I had a PFT

the results of which really surprised me.  The spirometry portion

was improved somewhat. The FVC for instance went from 55% of expected

to 59 % of expected. Nice but nothing to get too excited about.  My

volumes were all well above 50% of expected. My TLC for example was

59% of expected up from 45%. Very odd.

> But most curious was my DLCO. Normally the diffusion doesn't really

improve for us, it generally only goes down. Mine went from 47% of

expected back in March to 59% of expected today. The respiratory

therepist had me do everything over and over to make sure we were

getting valid results. Needless to say I'm very happy with this.  It

may be a one time thing and I could go right back down next time but

for now I'm very happy.

> Everything else was good, I've lost 36 pounds,  my crackle has not

returned and Dr. on is very pleased. I don't have to go back

for 4 whole months unless I run into trouble.

> After my appointment I met up with Ann from Charlotte and her

husband. She mostly lurks on the board but she got in touch with me

since she had an app't at Duke today too. So we had a nice chat over

coffee this afternoon. Her tests went really well and she sees the

doctor tomrrow. Keep your fingers crossed for her, she's nervous.

> So that's the story, I'm exhausted but relieved that I got good

news! Thanks for the support everyone!

>  Beth 

>  

>

Guest guest

Wow!! MB!! 36 pounds!! You go girl!!!

I am so proud of you!! Congrats on the numbers, too!! My last PFTs were in December and FVC was 68%. That was the only number they gave me. I am really interested to see what my numbers will be on Tuesday when I go to UAB in Birmingham. I have lost back 5 of the 14 pounds I gained since being on the prednisone since the dose dropped from 20 to 30 mg and since I have been going to pulmonary rehab. I went today and am not on the each machine for 12 minutes (total of 4 machines, bike, nustep, rowing machine and treadmill). The bike is what always gets me. I break out in a sweat every freaking time!! Today they had a new monitoring system. The one we had was cardiac only and we measured sats at the end of the 12 minutes on each machine. The new monitors measure your sats WHILE you are exercising. I asked her when the class was over how my

sats were today. She said I dropped down to 94 when I was on the bike, but that was my lowest. Not as bad as the first day when I dropped to 91, so I am improving I think. If anyone reading this gets a chance to do pulmonary rehab, I would say it is well worth it. I can already tell I can hold out longer shopping even without getting tired.

Hope you all have a great night!!

Caro

CaroASTHMA 1976,OSTEOARTHRITIS 2002, COPD 02/06, IPF 08/07, UIP 01/08, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS 03/08Mississippi

Subject: Tired but happyTo: Breathe-Support Date: Wednesday, June 11, 2008, 6:43 PM

Hi everyone!

As you all know I had my 3 month check today at Duke. I had a PFT the results of which really surprised me. The spirometry portion was improved somewhat. The FVC for instance went from 55% of expected to 59 % of expected. Nice but nothing to get too excited about. My volumes were all well above 50% of expected. My TLC for example was 59% of expected up from 45%. Very odd.

But most curious was my DLCO. Normally the diffusion doesn't really improve for us, it generally only goes down. Mine went from 47% of expected back in March to 59% of expected today. The respiratory therepist had me do everything over and over to make sure we were getting valid results. Needless to say I'm very happy with this. It may be a one time thing and I could go right back down next time but for now I'm very happy.

Everything else was good, I've lost 36 pounds, my crackle has not returned and Dr. on is very pleased. I don't have to go back for 4 whole months unless I run into trouble.

After my appointment I met up with Ann from Charlotte and her husband. She mostly lurks on the board but she got in touch with me since she had an app't at Duke today too. So we had a nice chat over coffee this afternoon. Her tests went really well and she sees the doctor tomrrow. Keep your fingers crossed for her, she's nervous.

So that's the story, I'm exhausted but relieved that I got good news! Thanks for the support everyone!

Beth

Guest guest

MB, I'm so glad to hear you did Well today! and you continue to do Well!

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

Tired but happy

Hi everyone!

Beth

All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Guest guest

MB, Very good news indeed. Maybe weather or weight loss influenced results. I don't suppose the doctor had a theory. Anyway good luck. Your friend,

Steve 60 from WA IPF 2006 Parkinsons 2008

Alzheimers 2008

Reply-To: Breathe-Support To: Breathe-Support Subject: Tired but happyDate: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 16:43:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone!

Beth

Guest guest

MB

Glad you got the good news but I could have told you already. I saw you.

I heard you talk about how you were and felt. You knew you were doing

well.

>

> Thanks Peggy,

> God is indeed good! I'm happy tonight and can relax a little for the

moment!

> Love you!

>

> Beth

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Re: Tired but happy

>

>

> Oh MB, I needed to hear that today.. God is indeed good. What a gift

you gave all of us today. Wonderful encouragin g

> news. 36 pounds-- WOW now I am really impressed. As soon as I tell

he'll tie me to the dreadmill... LOL

> Keep those numbers dropping Honey Girl.. Much Love, Many Prayers.

>

>

>

>

> Love and Prayers, Peggy

> IPF 2004, Florida

>

> " Worry looks around,

> Sorry looks back,

> Faith looks up. "

>