RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello from St. Louis!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

For what its worth, Gwynne's blood type is B. She was for quite a while

first on the B List but she ended up getting her lung from an O Blood

person. Obviously hers worked out incredibly well.

>

> Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant

lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am now

going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30

mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation

number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is " B "

positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has

that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only " B " type here at

-Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis

is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the

Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to

keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest

area and have formed our support group right here. From to

post-transplant receipients we've met, life is very good on the other

side. I'm told to except bumps in the road of course, but the

> difference is mind blowing. The staff at BJ is excellent and take much

care in their patients. Even the valet parkers are very kind and we took

them a box of very good donuts last friday. So to all I say " Keep the

faith and stay the course " ! In my book its worth the cost!! Please

keep me informed of your happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe.

george IPF06-08 KS

>

Guest guest

... I'm glad to read this latest news and glad for you it's worth the cost!

You are in my prayers. I agree, 'keep the faith and stay the course'.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello from St. Louis!!!

Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am now going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30 mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B" positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest area and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told to except bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind blowing. The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Even the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good donuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"! In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS

Guest guest

MamaSher are you near the coast? I really miss Lincoln City & Depoe Bay this summer, not many beaches around here. Many thanks for the prayers!!!

Hello from St. Louis!!!

Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am now going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30 mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B" positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest area and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told to except bumps in the road of course,

but the difference is mind blowing. The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Even the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good donuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"! In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS

Guest guest

... we are approx. 1.5 hrs from Lincoln City. We go there and North to Rockaway Beach mostly. Not so many people at RB. Depot Bay is a good place to eat and of course, as you know, the view of the breakers is spectacular.

How is that you know of these places?

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hello from St. Louis!!!

Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am now going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30 mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B" positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest area and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told to except bumps in the road of course, but the difference is mind blowing. The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Even the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good donuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"! In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS

Guest guest

What great news . We are getting quite a few listies.. Just wonderful.   RING PHONES RING> Love and Prayers, Peggy   IPF  2004,  Florida"Worry looks around, Sorry looks back,  Faith looks up."

Guest guest

MamaSher We began going there in 84 for a week or so each summer. My last visit we stayed just off the beach at Lincoln City, spent hours on the beach watching seals and the changing color of the waves in the sunlight. The food in Depoe Bay is the best. Of course Mo's cant' be beat. Kite flying is also one of our pasttimes. I'm hoping to spend a month there as soon as I recover from the lung surgery, what could be more healthful? Yes? IPF 06-08 KS.

Hello from St. Louis!!!

Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am now going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30 mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B" positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest area and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told to except bumps in the road of course,

but the difference is mind blowing. The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Even the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good donuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"! In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS

Guest guest

... I seem to remember now, we did talk about this before. Absolutely YES, a beautiful place to recover! Lincoln City has changed in the past couple of years...tourists up the yingyang and we think it's not as well maintained as a city as it used to be. Rather a "grubby" look about it now. It's so close to Portland that it is also the shortest drive to "get to the coast".

We started going to Rockaway Beach about two years ago. It's quiet and has a "home town" feel to it. Motel rates are a bit less as it's a bit farther to drive, hence the stop in Lincoln City for most people.

You are in my husbands home town. He went to HS and College there. Has a lot of family history there as well.

How are you handling the waiting? Reading a lot of books? You must be close to transplant if you're already in St.Louis.

Hello from St. Louis!!!

Guest guest

MamaSher Sad to hear of Lincoln City becomming a tourist trap type. Such great memories there. Is the bakery still on Main? Love their blueberriy muffins! I've been receiving emails from Seaside properties, looks a bit pricy for us though. As to how we're doing? We look at this as a grand adventure with promise of a good life ahead. Its probably boring for most, but the day goes by quick. Morning meds and breathing treatment, then off to the hospital for an hour in rehab, then home for the noon meds and BT, the afternoon is spent reading or if the air quality and heat & humidty isn't high we go exploring with in the city. Our social life consists of patients and caregivers chat after rehab. We've met a great group both in and out of the hospital setting. Of course cell phones are

charged and one always thinks of getting the call! Only worry is keeping my health in good order, don't want any bumps in the road now. Will look at Rockaway Beach area as the motel prices at LC increased three fold last time I check. Take care and stay well!! IPF 06-08 KS/AKA MO.

Hello from St. Louis!!!

Guest guest

So glad that you all are there and getting settled in. We enjoyed our brief stay there and would have liked to stay longer. It is a really well kept city.

I pray that your wait is short and that you will have excellent results.

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> Hello to everyone!! Just an update from here. I'm on the transplant lung list at last. Have been through so many tests,blood work and am now going to rehab 5 days a week. So far I'm up to over a 1/2 mile in 30 mins. Not too bad for still waiting for a transplant. My allocation number is 42, the only fly in the ointment is my blood type is "B" positive and according to the interenet, only 8% of the population has that. The positive is that at present, I'm the only "B" type here at -Jewish now. So we're keeping our cell phones charged. St. Louis is a great city for exploring and for eating out. We're close to the Italian area and they have many great places to eat. Its difficult to keep weight off! HA! We've met many other patients from the midwest area and have formed our support group right here. From to post-transplant receipients we've met, life is very good on the other side. I'm told to except bumps in the road of course, but the> difference is mind blowing. The staff at BJ is excellent and take much care in their patients. Even the valet parkers are very kind and we took them a box of very good donuts last friday. So to all I say"Keep the faith and stay the course"! In my book its worth the cost!! Please keep me informed of your happenings if you wish. Stay well & safe. george IPF06-08 KS>

Guest guest

We can recommend a nice Motel w/pool and hot tub in Rockaway Beach. Clean and well kept. Upstairs or down. Close beach access. Also little kitchen w/stuff to use and coffee pot and so on.

Winter rates beg 10/01. Kitchen w/ 2bedrooms (1 bath) both Queen beds for $92 + tax. Two Qbeds in the same room are $78 + tax. May 20th is Summer rates.

K/Q/Q $146 and Q/Q $126.

Their number is 1-.

You can also go on

www.rockawaybeach.com

then click on OR.

There are lots of places to rent there and also Oceanside.

Just send me a check for the travel arrangements. hahahahaahha

Hello from St. Louis!!!