RemedySpot.com

Re: Thanks Peggy and Beth, I thought

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lou,

I'm sorry you are in so much pain but I agree that surgery would probably be last on your list of things you want to do. I remember the fright I gave everyone when I had my lung biopsy. I didn't do well under the anesthesia and scared the livin daylights out of all the doctors and my family.

I hope the orthopod can offer you some solutions to minimize your pain and discomfort. I wonder if physical therapy could help in any way.

Love you!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Thanks Peggy and Beth, I thought

maybe the breathe-support group all went on a picnic without me !!!! It has been quiet, and it's going to be quieter, as Earl is coming home with ice cream for me, (chocolate) with nuts, and we are watching Nascar race from O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN. Tomorrow is the big one though, same place.I don't have anything to say though except that there is a new problem now, and a severe one along with my PF. My right hip is collapsing and I knew it was just a matter of time. Next week I have to make an appt with the orthopaedic surgeon who did my other hip 9 yrs. ago and my back surgery 2 yrs ago and have him take a good look at the right hip and then give me some (lortab) or fantastic pain med. so I don't have to have the surgery. It is a MEAN surgery for me now with only 50% capacity in lungs and a 4 1/2 hr surgery, that I totally refuse to have. No more No more. nuff The pain is

horrendous, I am taking 2 generic tylenol every 4 yrs. round the clock. That's all I have to say, doesn't have anything to do with PF, but I know my pulmo would not recommend that surgery at my age and state of my lungs. The recup perios is 4 months, and that is totally stupid to even consider.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF '02

Guest guest

Lou,

I think just like you. My knee is hurting so badly. But, the last thing I want to do is have any kind of surgery on it. Especially anything requiring rehab.

I am in a wheel chair a great deal of the time now, anyway.....I just want a nerve block or something. I have taken a load of Flolan and Darvocet.

I pray that your hip pain can be relieved without surgery. Enough is enough!

God's blessings,

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>> maybe the breathe-support group all went on a picnic without me !!!! > It has been quiet, and it's going to be quieter, as Earl is coming > home with ice cream for me, (chocolate) with nuts, and we are > watching Nascar race from O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN. > Tomorrow is the big one though, same place.> > I don't have anything to say though except that there is a new > problem now, and a severe one along with my PF. My right hip is > collapsing and I knew it was just a matter of time. Next week I have > to make an appt with the orthopaedic surgeon who did my other hip 9 > yrs. ago and my back surgery 2 yrs ago and have him take a good look > at the right hip and then give me some (lortab) or fantastic pain > med. so I don't have to have the surgery. It is a MEAN surgery for > me now with only 50% capacity in lungs and a 4 1/2 hr surgery, that I > totally refuse to have. No more No more. nuff The pain is > horrendous, I am taking 2 generic tylenol every 4 yrs. round the > clock. That's all I have to say, doesn't have anything to do with > PF, but I know my pulmo would not recommend that surgery at my age > and state of my lungs. The recup perios is 4 months, and that is > totally stupid to even consider.> > I LOVE YOU THIS DAY> MARY LOU> IPF '02>

Guest guest

Hi ML... I've had lots of experience with pain...have you tried the Tylenol GEL caps with rapid release? They really do work better!

Also, if you are a candidate for the pain patch they work so much better than the pills. I was swallowing 210 pain pills a month! It's a relief to be free of the pills at least.

I'm so sorry to read about your hip. I know ortho-surgery is tough and recoup is lengthy. If the surgery cannot or will not be done, what will you do??? Go to a wheelchair?

You know we continue to pray for each other girl!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

maybe the breathe-support group all went on a picnic without me !!!! It has been quiet, and it's going to be quieter, as Earl is coming home with ice cream for me, (chocolate) with nuts, and we are watching Nascar race from O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN. Tomorrow is the big one though, same place.I don't have anything to say though except that there is a new problem now, and a severe one along with my PF. My right hip is collapsing and I knew it was just a matter of time. Next week I have to make an appt with the orthopaedic surgeon who did my other hip 9 yrs. ago and my back surgery 2 yrs ago and have him take a good look at the right hip and then give me some (lortab) or fantastic pain med. so I don't have to have the surgery. It is a MEAN surgery for me now with only 50% capacity in lungs and a 4 1/2 hr surgery, that I totally refuse to have. No more No more. nuff The pain is horrendous, I am taking 2 generic tylenol every 4 yrs. round the clock. That's all I have to say, doesn't have anything to do with PF, but I know my pulmo would not recommend that surgery at my age and state of my lungs. The recup perios is 4 months, and that is totally stupid to even consider.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF '02

Guest guest

Hi Lou,

I hope the pain is less today! I hope you enjoyed the ice cream. Enjoy watching the NASCAR race! IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07Crohn's Disease 03/95 Asthma 02/92

maybe the breathe-support group all went on a picnic without me !!!! It has been quiet, and it's going to be quieter, as Earl is coming home with ice cream for me, (chocolate) with nuts, and we are watching Nascar race from O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN. Tomorrow is the big one though, same place.I don't have anything to say though except that there is a new problem now, and a severe one along with my PF. My right hip is collapsing and I knew it was just a matter of time. Next week I have to make an appt with the orthopaedic surgeon who did my other hip 9 yrs. ago and my back surgery 2 yrs ago and have him take a good look at the right hip and then give me some (lortab) or fantastic pain med. so I don't have to have the surgery. It is a MEAN surgery for me now with only 50% capacity in lungs and a 4 1/2 hr surgery, that I totally refuse to have. No more No more. nuff The pain is

horrendous, I am taking 2 generic tylenol every 4 yrs. round the clock. That's all I have to say, doesn't have anything to do with PF, but I know my pulmo would not recommend that surgery at my age and state of my lungs. The recup perios is 4 months, and that is totally stupid to even consider.I LOVE YOU THIS DAYMARY LOUIPF '02

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

Guest guest

mary-lou

what a shame about your hip. i hope they can find a solution

that takes care of the pain without you having to do surgery.

you really just are having one thing after another just now.

i'm so sorry for that. i hope your ice cream was good. as i'm

on my severe eating programme (hospital appnt looming) i have

not been having any wee treats except for a skinny cow lolly

today.

the weather in the uk is just fabulous at the minute so we are

all out trying to soak up some sun. we are nuts, we take our

tops off at the least bit of sun and then after a few days of

really hot weather we want it to go away. today was sooo warm

and i tried to lie on the lounger reading my sunday papers but

kept finding reasons to get away from it. i went some food

shopping and then prepared a lovely salad and managed to sit out

again for a while. i haven't even got a bit of colour and am

not looking forward to it being so warm again tomorrow. i think

my favourite is just warm enough to sit in the sun but needing

your cardie. just as well i'm not a texan....hahah

may uip 0606

glasgow, scotland

>

> maybe the breathe-support group all went on a picnic without

me !!!!

> It has been quiet, and it's going to be quieter, as Earl is coming

> home with ice cream for me, (chocolate) with nuts, and we are

> watching Nascar race from O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indianapolis,

IN.

> Tomorrow is the big one though, same place.

>

> I don't have anything to say though except that there is a new

> problem now, and a severe one along with my PF. My right hip is

> collapsing and I knew it was just a matter of time. Next week I

have

> to make an appt with the orthopaedic surgeon who did my other hip 9

> yrs. ago and my back surgery 2 yrs ago and have him take a good

look

> at the right hip and then give me some (lortab) or fantastic pain

> med. so I don't have to have the surgery. It is a MEAN surgery for

> me now with only 50% capacity in lungs and a 4 1/2 hr surgery, that

I