RemedySpot.com

Re: Anemia medication Slow Fe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Irene, I'm sorry that you have yet another medical issue to deal with.

I don't have any information about the Slow Fe, but I'm sure someone will.

At least they are being more agressive about your sat''s being low!

Considering the past treatment you've gotten this seems to be an

improvement.

I hope your week is better.

Good to see you post...remember you should rant and vent here!!!

Z 64, fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

And “mild” PH/10/07 and Reynaud’s too!!

No, NSIP was not self-inflicted…I never smoked!

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

and Sara

*“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley*

*Vinca Minor-periwinkle is my flower*

Irene G. wrote:

>

>

>

> *Hi to All my friends,*

> **

> *Had blood tests last week, it showed I have Anemia. Could explain a

> lot of the severe symptoms I had prior before blood tests showed I had

> Anemia. I know I'm low in Vitamin B12. Has anyone ever taken Slow Fe?

> to treat their Anemia. This afternoon was the first day I took it and

> I noticed is severe (L) side pain. Which wasn't there before I took

> the med.*

> **

> *I'm scheduled to have PFT's, Chest X-Ray and seeing the lung dr, the

> tests have been moved up from Oct/08 to August 20th. Except for the CT

> Scan because there's no way to get a sooner appointment. The reason

> they're beeing done sooner is because my O2 (sats) drop below 88%.

> Kind of scared, I know it's for my own good. *

> **

> *Sorry, I haven't been around very much...it's just that I'm feeling

> like crap! and I didn't want to vent...*

> **

> *I Hope everyone is doing Well and I'm thinking of the group every

> day! To All of you who aren't feeling so great, I Hope you'll start

> feeling better soon!*

>

> *Irene

> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

> *

> **

>

>

>

>

>

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------

> Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new *Yahoo! Canada

> Messenger* <http://ca.beta.messenger.yahoo.com/>

Irene,

Slow Fe is just a slow release iron supplement. It's manufactured in a way that the iron is not released all at once in your digestive system but more gradually. This helps to prevent the stomach upset that regular iron tablets can cause. If you have pain when you take it you should call the doctor who prescribed it especially since you have a history of stomach and digestive problems and disorders.

Slow Fe is not really a medication but a dietary supplement and the only real side effects would be digestive ones.

Hope that helps!

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

Anemia medication Slow Fe

Hi to All my friends,

Had blood tests last week, it showed I have Anemia. Could explain a lot of the severe symptoms I had prior before blood tests showed I had Anemia. I know I'm low in Vitamin B12. Has anyone ever taken Slow Fe? to treat their Anemia. This afternoon was the first day I took it and I noticed is severe (L) side pain. Which wasn't there before I took the med.

I'm scheduled to have PFT's, Chest X-Ray and seeing the lung dr, the tests have been moved up from Oct/08 to August 20th. Except for the CT Scan because there's no way to get a sooner appointment. The reason they're beeing done sooner is because my O2 (sats) drop below 88%. Kind of scared, I know it's for my own good.

Sorry, I haven't been around very much...it's just that I'm feeling like crap! and I didn't want to vent...

I Hope everyone is doing Well and I'm thinking of the group every day! To All of you who aren't feeling so great, I Hope you'll start feeling better soon!

IrenePF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

Irene ... sorry you are feeling "like crap". I think it must be in the air! Too much sun or days too hot or some such nonsense. lol.

I'm not myself either lately.

Seeing the Dr for Pfts, etc will give you results that can be helpful. Let's hope so.

Enjoy today.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi to All my friends,

Had blood tests last week, it showed I have Anemia. Could explain a lot of the severe symptoms I had prior before blood tests showed I had Anemia. I know I'm low in Vitamin B12. Has anyone ever taken Slow Fe? to treat their Anemia. This afternoon was the first day I took it and I noticed is severe (L) side pain. Which wasn't there before I took the med.

I'm scheduled to have PFT's, Chest X-Ray and seeing the lung dr, the tests have been moved up from Oct/08 to August 20th. Except for the CT Scan because there's no way to get a sooner appointment. The reason they're beeing done sooner is because my O2 (sats) drop below 88%. Kind of scared, I know it's for my own good.

Sorry, I haven't been around very much...it's just that I'm feeling like crap! and I didn't want to vent...

I Hope everyone is doing Well and I'm thinking of the group every day! To All of you who aren't feeling so great, I Hope you'll start feeling better soon!

Beth, , Sher

Thanks! If new symptoms appear apart from the abdominal pain while taking Slow Fe, I will give my dr a call. So far the main concern is for the Anemia to get under control, so I don't sleep 12+hrs per day and feel so tired...

Hi to All my friends,

All new Yahoo! Mail - Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Irene, I've learned something new here too. I've never before heard of Slow Fe although I do know anemia = low iron. I'm glad you have something to help you.

It does seem as though you are getting better medical attention than in the recent past!

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Hi to All my friends,

Thanks Sher!

Hi to All my friends,

This is amazing!

On the Stills Support group we have been discussing some of the same

topics. Slow Iron was just inquired about yesterday with a number of

responses. Another member just got out of a rehab unit after a month

in ICU with Pneumonia, who has PF. His appears to have been induced

by methotrexate, although it could be also related to my situation.

No way to tell without a biopsy, I imagine. But you guys are more

experienced than I am.

Prior to that, pain and pain meds and options were a hot topic.

The most recent discussion posts tie to one of our Stills members

having to move back in with her mother. The bad part is that her

mother does not " get it " and thinks it is just a matter of taking her

mind off her problems.

Tom Stills 05. Asthma 06, PF 08, sjogrens 08 PA

>

> Thanks Sher! 

>  

> Irene

> PF 03/07 Raynaud's Disease 09/07

> Re: Anemia medication Slow Fe

>