>

> Good morning all! Its a beautiful day here around 80's today, not bad

for August. We have a week off from waiting for the phone to ring, as

the surgons won't be in town till Monday. In many ways that good, less

thought of when the call will come! This gives lots of time to explore

the city. Jack the weather up your way sounds great. I spent a summer

in the White Mtns around Waterville Valley NH. Took several trips into

Maine (Well's beach area). ONly neg was the Black flies! YUK! I met many

transplanted patients and its a wonder how well they are doing so far.

They all agree its worth what we have to go through and the 1st year is

difficult for sure.. Met a lady from Altanta, GA. who was in town for

her 5 year checkup, she looks great and seems to be doing just fine. She

did state that she follows the docs orders to the letter though. Also

heard of a fellow who after thransplant went to smoking again!! As for

us who are waiting, days are good & not

> so good, but we stick together sharing all of our pos-negs. When you

feel your at the lowest, someone else is lower(if that's possible!).

Hope all is well as can be with everyone. Remember to " keep the faith &

stay the course " . IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call--KS AKA MO.

>

Guest guest

By I now know what I should have been doing.

Its in the 80's from 11 pm till about 8 am. I should be living like a

third shift worker. Sleeping during day, up during the evening and real

active part during third shift.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Good morning all! Its a beautiful day here around 80's today, not

bad

> for August. We have a week off from waiting for the phone to ring, as

> the surgons won't be in town till Monday. In many ways that good, less

> thought of when the call will come! This gives lots of time to explore

> the city. Jack the weather up your way sounds great. I spent a summer

> in the White Mtns around Waterville Valley NH. Took several trips into

> Maine (Well's beach area). ONly neg was the Black flies! YUK! I met

many

> transplanted patients and its a wonder how well they are doing so far.

> They all agree its worth what we have to go through and the 1st year

is

> difficult for sure.. Met a lady from Altanta, GA. who was in town for

> her 5 year checkup, she looks great and seems to be doing just fine.

She

> did state that she follows the docs orders to the letter though. Also

> heard of a fellow who after thransplant went to smoking again!! As for

> us who are waiting, days are good & not

> > so good, but we stick together sharing all of our pos-negs. When you

> feel your at the lowest, someone else is lower(if that's possible!).

> Hope all is well as can be with everyone. Remember to " keep the faith

&

> stay the course " . IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call--KS AKA MO.

> >

>

Guest guest

... hope you're having a good weekend.

We're watching the PGA golf and enjoying much cooler weather today. Ahhhhhhhhh.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

update from st. louie

Good morning all! Its a beautiful day here around 80's today, not bad for August. We have a week off from waiting for the phone to ring, as the surgons won't be in town till Monday. In many ways that good, less thought of when the call will come! This gives lots of time to explore the city. Jack the weather up your way sounds great. I spent a summer in the White Mtns around Waterville Valley NH. Took several trips into Maine (Well's beach area). ONly neg was the Black flies! YUK! I met many transplanted patients and its a wonder how well they are doing so far. They all agree its worth what we have to go through and the 1st year is difficult for sure. Met a lady from Altanta, GA. who was in town for her 5 year checkup, she looks great and seems to be doing just fine. She did state that she follows the docs orders to the letter though. Also heard of a fellow who after thransplant went to smoking again!! As for us who are waiting, days are good & not so good, but we stick together sharing all of our pos-negs. When you feel your at the lowest, someone else is lower(if that's possible!). Hope all is well as can be with everyone. Remember to "keep the faith & stay the course". IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call--KS AKA MO.

Guest guest

Bruce nope thats the high for today and last I heard it's still August, wonders never cease! You must be in Texas or the southwest. Have a daughter in Phoenix, usually runs 100's or better in summer. Visited her in June one year, couldn't touch the steering wheel without gloves. Just saw the temps for the week--80's for highs.. WOW!

Re: update from st. louie

Nice to hear from you. Interesting to ride along with you through theprocess.You said in the 80's? You meant at night obviously? lol. Its in the 80shere nearly half the day. Starting about 11 pm and running to about 8am. Otherwise 90's and 100's.>>>>> Good morning all! Its a beautiful day here around 80's today, not badfor August. We have a week off from waiting for the phone to ring, asthe surgons won't be in town till Monday. In many ways that good, lessthought of when the call will come! This gives lots of time to explorethe city. Jack the weather up your way sounds great. I spent a summerin the White Mtns around Waterville

Valley NH. Took several trips intoMaine (Well's beach area). ONly neg was the Black flies! YUK! I met manytransplanted patients and its a wonder how well they are doing so far.They all agree its worth what we have to go through and the 1st year isdifficult for sure.. Met a lady from Altanta, GA. who was in town forher 5 year checkup, she looks great and seems to be doing just fine. Shedid state that she follows the docs orders to the letter though. Alsoheard of a fellow who after thransplant went to smoking again!! As forus who are waiting, days are good & not> so good, but we stick together sharing all of our pos-negs. When youfeel your at the lowest, someone else is lower(if that's possible!). Hope all is well as can be with everyone. Remember to "keep the faith & stay the course". IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call--KS AKA

MO.>

Guest guest

MamaSher Its a grand weekend so far. Received picts from our youngest daughter this morning. She was in Vegas for official meetings!! Gov'n work you know!! HA!! I;ve never been there but WOW what a place it must be! Glad you having cooler weather, It's interesting how different the weather between Portland and the coast is! Portland is quite a beautiful city from what I recall. I tried chasing the little white ball around a few years back, never got the hang of it though! HA!Tonite my adopted football team(RAMS) go against the Titians, probably will watch the game. Keep the faith and stay the course!! IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call! KS AKA MO

update from st. louie

Good morning all! Its a beautiful day here around 80's today, not bad for August. We have a week off from waiting for the phone to ring, as the surgons won't be in town till Monday. In many ways that good, less thought of when the call will come! This gives lots of time to explore the city. Jack the weather up your way sounds great. I spent a summer in the White Mtns around Waterville Valley NH. Took several trips into Maine (Well's beach area). ONly neg was the Black flies! YUK! I met many transplanted patients and its a wonder how well they are doing so far. They all agree its worth what we have to go through and the 1st year is difficult for sure. Met a lady from Altanta, GA. who was in town for her 5 year checkup, she looks great and seems to be doing just fine. She did state that she follows the docs orders to the letter though. Also heard of a fellow who after thransplant went to smoking again!! As for us who are waiting,

days are good & not so good, but we stick together sharing all of our pos-negs. When you feel your at the lowest, someone else is lower(if that's possible!). Hope all is well as can be with everyone. Remember to "keep the faith & stay the course". IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call--KS AKA MO.

Guest guest

... absolutely, we'll keep the faith and stay the course!

Ring phone ring.

MamaSher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. NasturtiumsDon't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

update from st. louie

Good morning all! Its a beautiful day here around 80's today, not bad for August. We have a week off from waiting for the phone to ring, as the surgons won't be in town till Monday. In many ways that good, less thought of when the call will come! This gives lots of time to explore the city. Jack the weather up your way sounds great. I spent a summer in the White Mtns around Waterville Valley NH. Took several trips into Maine (Well's beach area). ONly neg was the Black flies! YUK! I met many transplanted patients and its a wonder how well they are doing so far. They all agree its worth what we have to go through and the 1st year is difficult for sure. Met a lady from Altanta, GA. who was in town for her 5 year checkup, she looks great and seems to be doing just fine. She did state that she follows the docs orders to the letter though. Also heard of a fellow who after thransplant went to smoking again!! As for us who are waiting, days are good & not so good, but we stick together sharing all of our pos-negs. When you feel your at the lowest, someone else is lower(if that's possible!). Hope all is well as can be with everyone. Remember to "keep the faith & stay the course". IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call--KS AKA MO.

Guest guest

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that all is going well and that you've got a few days off from listening for that phone. Hope that when the doctor comes back the call comes quickly!!

Unbelievable to think of a lung transplantee taking up smoking....I guess that's the power of addiction.

Beth

Age 48 Fibrotic NSIP 06/06 UCTD 07/08

Change everything. Love and Forgive

update from st. louie

Good morning all! Its a beautiful day here around 80's today, not bad for August. We have a week off from waiting for the phone to ring, as the surgons won't be in town till Monday. In many ways that good, less thought of when the call will come! This gives lots of time to explore the city. Jack the weather up your way sounds great. I spent a summer in the White Mtns around Waterville Valley NH. Took several trips into Maine (Well's beach area). ONly neg was the Black flies! YUK! I met many transplanted patients and its a wonder how well they are doing so far. They all agree its worth what we have to go through and the 1st year is difficult for sure. Met a lady from Altanta, GA. who was in town for her 5 year checkup, she looks great and seems to be doing just fine. She did state that she follows the docs orders to the letter though. Also heard of a fellow who after thransplant went to smoking again!! As for us who are waiting,

days are good & not so good, but we stick together sharing all of our pos-negs. When you feel your at the lowest, someone else is lower(if that's possible!). Hope all is well as can be with everyone. Remember to "keep the faith & stay the course". IPF 06-08,,waiting for the call--KS AKA MO.

... I agree about giving our caregivers special attention! I'm relieved your wife (what is her name?) was given a clean slate and you two can go back to your usual routine.

I tell Rich everyday how much I appreciate him and try to remember to say, "Thank you" on a regular basis.

My life too would take a drastic change if he were not able to do what he does. When I can I do what I can do...sometimes it's damn little and sometimes I'm fairly busy.

We also pray together, twice a day.

Rich is out playing golf today. How he loves golf. Have you seen the bumper sticker that reads "My wife told me she'd leave me if I didn't stop playing so much golf. I'm sure gonna miss her!"

I think that is so funny.

Update from St. Louie

Good Morning to all!! Just wanted to let all know that my wife's tests came out normal!! Praise God!!!! Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!! Knowing your out there is very comforting!! Just a thought to go along with the story of the 90 year old man and the nursing home. I along with most of us I'm sure are so envolved with how we feel each day that maybe we take our caregivers for granted!!! I've tried to make sure how my wife is handling all this and we spend several hours each morning before our daily prayer just chatting with a good cup of coffee. But when this is taken away even for just a short time its panic time and the loss is overwhelming. So today give your caregiver some special attention and lots of hugs, for you never know when they might be taken away from you and all this isn't worth a thing when their gone!!!! God bless you all today and everyday!!!! IPF 06-08 KS AKA MO waiting for the call